Saints Row!

azn

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most rap does, but this stuff is okay (SR & SR2), just not my thing. There's a lot of good music from SR I wish

they would put in a download pack for SR2.

Saint's Row was X360 only, they canceled the Playstation version when they announced they were working on SR2.

If you do have an X360 & haven't bought Saint's Row yet, check it out. It should be cheap by now & has plenty of

achievements.

Just got SR2 for the PC, I must say I'm disappointed.

Not at the game itself of course, SR1 was a very nice game and SR2 looks like it is too.

Unfortunately, it is easily the worst PC port I have ever seen.

Many people bitched about how GTAIV was a bad port. I disagreed about that from the start, but it's irrelevant; this takes bad porting to a whole new level.

My PC specs aren't bad; they run almost all games today fine at maximum settings but they aren't the newest hardware.

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

Corsair 4GB XMS2 DDR2800

ATi Radeon 3870 512mb

Creative XtremeMusic sound card

Vista Ultimate x64 SP1

Saints Row 2 runs like absolute garbage on my PC. I ran the game at 1280x1024 (although my monitor's native is 1680x1050, this isn't in the resolutions list; Saints Row 2 not only supports NO 16:9 resolutions AT ALL, it also lacks many 16:10 ones, including mine) and gave the game a shot at high settings. Bad framerates in the opening cutscene. A bad sign, so I went back and turned everything off...absolute lowest settings. The game still never gets above 20fps outside, even on all lowest settings at a relatively low resolution.

To put that into perspective, I can run GTA IV on medium texture/render with 25 on both detail and view, 50 on traffic, and 1 on shadows AT 1680x1050 and get 25-40fps outside, running around with action. SR2 for some reason also gives me really crappy sound...it's like listening to a 32 or 64kbps MP3 file constantly...when I peel on the road the tire screeching makes me want to alt-F4 right then and there...and there's no menu option for sound quality.

This is the poorest excuse for a port I've ever seen. This is not good work. This is not worth $40. DON'T buy SR2 for the PC, unless your PC was built by God himself, or they release some patches.

• 1 month later...