Been playing for about 6hrs in total now...

Crafty1980

Ok, so, I've been playing now for a few hours... I'm on the second island now and done a few missions for Playboy, all the missions for Elezabeta, and now doing a few for Packie , etc so still a long way to go... BUT, there's a few things that are really starting to annoy me... Thought I'd share my annoyances/thoughts with you all...

1) The handling/suspension of all cars is REALLY getting on my nerves!!! The physics is absolutely diabolical! To be fair it's been the same in all 3D style GTA titles as far as i'm concerned... It's especially noticable when you take off and the wheels fold in on themselves under the car! Also, even the cheapest of cars don't roll around corners like they do in GTA! I really wish Rockstar spend time looking at physics for GTA V...

2) The camera is SHOCKING!!! I'm am getting so FED UP with having to adjust the camera wth the mouse when either facing the wrong way or trying to drive around a corner!! The camera needs to move behind the car MUCH faster... It would even be nice if it moved slightly when turning a corner... i.e. If you start going left, the camera pans left a little too... Something else I seriously hope Rockstar think about for future GTAs... I can't remember it ever being this bad in GTA SA...

3) leads me nicely on to my next thing... As great as Liberty City is, I still prefered the concept of GTA SA with the country and city areas... and the small towns and farms etc... It was just so much more of an immersive gaming experience... I used to love flying the Jump Jet across the desert and through the monument valley etc... I hope they bring that type of game world to GTA V...

4) Is there not a parachute in GTA IV like GTA SA? That's such a shame if that's the case... I loved base jumping off things in GTA SA and it would have been awesome to BaseJump off the Empire State Building!! :(

5) Oh yeah... That the HELL is going on with the "intelligence" of other road users?!?! They constantly swerve in front of you for absolutely no reason at all!!! They also don't get out of the way properly (like they used to) when you're got sirens going... They also just get randomly stuck EVERYWHERE!! - especially sharp junctions... This is definitely one step backwards... They never seemed to be as bad in GTA SA!

6) Helicopter physics AND control is absolutely DIABOLICAL!! It was SO much better in GTA SA...

7) Finally, another camera issue... It's SO annoying when trying to take cover by a wall in a small space... The camera has a tendency to go nuts and move all over the place!! It was especailly a problem in the Snow Storm mission in the old Hospital I thought... It would make so much more sense if they just went to a sort of "first point of view" camera for when you're up against a wall... then use, say, "z" and "c" to lean out or something... Much like other first person shooter games...

I think that's all i've got gripe with at the moment... I can't fault the actual story etc of the game. Don't get me wrong, I do think it's brilliant! But I do feel that Rockstar have taken many advanced steps forward but also some major steps back too! GTA SA is still better in my point of view and I think R* should sit down and look at that again while making GTA V (or maybe they might even be thinking about GTA VI by now?!) Who knows!!

Feel free to discuss any of the above! It would be interesting to know if it's just me or if I've got at least some valid points in that lot!! :D

Ben

The handling was okay for me, but I'm used to other games & their less than stellar vehicle physics. Fly a heli in

Saint's Row 2 (Specifically the Thompson) & you'll never complain about the Maverick again.

Point 4 (parachutes) was an epic fail for R*. All the vertical assets only demand base jumping & when I get the PC

version my first mod will be roof access to most of the buildings. If GTA4 supports parachutes, look for a script mod

that puts them in handy places.

WOW, lotsa stuff Ben..

As for the camera, yea I hate it too, its like its more passive than active.. I havent playt much I'm still pokin around lookin at progress on mods and such ...

I dint really look, is there no adjustment for camera in the settings menu ? I wonder if there is cmd you can enter, maybe coming in a mod ...

Actually, I felt like most cars were pretty well designed kind of to their respective vehicle type, the comet is one of my favs, Romans taxi drives about like a dogon bus as you'd expect. Big heavy cars pretty sloppy, the lil compact surprisingly does pretty good but like I'd expect.. I jus thought the vehicles acted like you expect well IN THE CONSOLE VERSION...

Its alot harder tryin to drive these damn things w/ your camera lookin at that mailbox <-- back there, while you are tryin to go --> this way or make a turn ...

I've not even tried to fly in the game..

It really seems best w/ a controller, if I can get one to work AND not have any glitches, roads ending infront of me, I can drive like a bat outta hell ...

I agree, the countrysides and different scenery was pretty nice, the only downside was there wasnt enough in those areas to do for me ... I mean to have a large mountainous area where a lil town of some "hippies" live & there isnt anything really to do there, is kinda borning ..

I liked the tankers and stuff in IV but I wanted more functional things like let us blow up more tanks & things.. There are only a few fuel tanks you can blow up..

Let us do some exciting stuff like send that freak refinery sky high, then put it on the radio & news next day, let us stand afar off while the cops & such wonder what the heck happened..

I had an idea, you know what'd be really cool, is YES YES YES to be able to destroy more of the environment PERIOD but also it'd be cool to see construction slowly take place after blowing up certain things, then heck we could come back & blow it up again during or after construction, kinda goofy maybe but I jus like to blow sht up :P

Nope no parachute :\ Hey, if you havent, you need to check out ben buja/machinima on YT ..

Thats the one to his bloopers 2 .. He has a few of em, there are other vids, He's pretty dogon good, he's been featured in interviews & stuff. Ofcourse you'll never see him wearin a parachute, jus dying ALOT and makin some incredible jumps/falls & survive..

I don know whas up w/ the drivers, I noticed this earlier, I was runnin and I saw cars swerve here and there, speeding, I thought WTF ?? They tryin to run me over ?! Sometimes they do get out the way if you toot the horn or have on sirens most likely..

Again, cant say much more about gameplay on the pc yet... Thanx for posting your opinions, theres a "wishlist" topic somewhere around I done put it in my thoughts on what I'd liked ..

Did you ever meet any of those lil blue icon ppl I was telling you about ?

Did you ever meet any of those lil blue icon ppl I was telling you about ?

Yup... Been doing a few of those missions... I'm loving the way in which the storyline is so intertwined. Despite the fact that those little one/two off missions aren't really part of the overall main missions, they still link in with them through the conversations you have while driving to places etc... Kudos to the writers!!

cool, I just wish you could figure out how to do all of them, its weird .. As I said, they seem random, they're in the "Score" section, it jus says "Random characters met".. I wish I knew the number of them & how you can meet them all, one dude was messt up... I wont tell ya.. but on console I member seeing his lil icon so I chased it down & I was thinkin as he talkt, do I really wanna take this dude to where he wants to go ?!, so yea I drove him to where he wanted to go & off into the water & made him stay there, to make sure he wasnt comin back. After playin later on & reloads, I never seen his icon again..

I do actually agree with you on some of these points.

I also think the story line is way to easy. The first time I played it, I completed it within a week (not playing it non-stop), I think the game would be better if it was more challenging.

Yeah it is pretty easy to be fair... It's good that you can't just beat every mission with guns blazing this time round though. That used to be the case with GTA3 VC & SA but the enemies have got a lot more accurate over the years so you need to take your time - I especially loved the rescuing Roman mission that I've just finished! That was reall great fun! :) After playing it a tiny bit on my friends xBox, it's SO much easier controlling the crosshair with the mouse!!!... Quick and accurate headshots make life a lot easier for some missions!

Nowrich boy eh Scott? Small world! I live at North Walsham! (Well, near there anyway) :D

You have some good points, and I agree with most of them, but the camera and car physics aren't problems, really. It just takes some getting used to. Most other GTA games have been the same in terms of the camera angle.

1. It depends on the type of car you're in. If you're in a Esperanto, of course the handling will be shit, but in a Sentinel, it's wonderful.

2. Isn't really a issue with me. I play on PS3 and am used to it.

3. Yeah, the game world is a bit small and boring, imo.

4. It might be brought back for number 5.

5. Especially on motorways - eg a cop swings out in front of you and you then earn a wanted level. You have to laugh at some of the AI, though.

6. I disagree, it's very easy to control.

7. I don't play PC games, but the camera does fail in tight corners. It needs to be worked on, sure.

I do actually agree with you on some of these points.

I also think the story line is way to easy. The first time I played it, I completed it within a week (not playing it non-stop), I think the game would be better if it was more challenging.

Yeah it is pretty easy to be fair... It's good that you can't just beat every mission with guns blazing this time round though. That used to be the case with GTA3 VC & SA but the enemies have got a lot more accurate over the years so you need to take your time - I especially loved the rescuing Roman mission that I've just finished! That was reall great fun! :) After playing it a tiny bit on my friends xBox, it's SO much easier controlling the crosshair with the mouse!!!... Quick and accurate headshots make life a lot easier for some missions!

Nowrich boy eh Scott? Small world! I live at North Walsham! (Well, near there anyway) :D

Haha! Coolio!

I'm in Wroxham (mostly) :D