I installed everything that I've been asked - NOW THE GAME IS TOO SLOW!

azizur1234

I went through 9 hours of hell (installing service pack 3, instal this install that etc) to get the game going.

I then right clicked on the gta file and made it compatabile to windows 2000 and it was a success!

Now the problem is that the game runs too slow. Even on the lowest settings.

I dont know how to give you guys my PC information? can you help me? can you also help me to look for a driver or graphics card to install?

sorry i am not very good with computers but Im really frustrated I can't play this game and it cost £30!

Thank you very much.

What are your system specs? That will determine whether your pc is fast enough or you can go to canyourunit.com or yougamers to find out.

thank you for the reply.

sorry to say this but I dont know what my system specs are? how do i find that out?

i did a check on yougamers a couple of hours ago and unfortunately i didnt meet the requirements. hence, i want to know what i need to get the game to work on my PC.

thank you.

This is starting to piss me off.

Sorry, how do I update my drivers?

This is pathetic. Why release a game that is a mess? What a waste of £30

I need your opinons guys? Shall I return the game?

I mean I can load it up now, but the visuals are too slow and some of the textures are missing. Everything else works fine.

Next Gen Consoles have raped our PCs.

This is starting to piss me off.

Sorry, how do I update my drivers?

This is pathetic. Why release a game that is a mess? What a waste of £30

I need your opinons guys? Shall I return the game?

I mean I can load it up now, but the visuals are too slow and some of the textures are missing. Everything else works fine.

Next Gen Consoles have raped our PCs.

Well you have a Nvidia graphics card, you can download the latest drivers from here. i hope they improve the performance.

Hi aziz,

Well try to relax my Friend, we all had to pay XX bux to get this thing and its pisst alotta us off cuz all the update this/that, wrong this, insufficient blah...

First, here is R* support

http://www.rockstargames.com/support/req_s...p;submit=Submit.

That will give you MINIMUM & RECOMMENDED Settings for the game, your game box comes w/ proly recommended if not both req specs.

It appears your pc is on the minimum req side:

1. Cpu -(Intel 2 Core "Duo" 1.86GHz)

2. Your memory shows 1022MB, thats equal to 1GB, the minimum is 1.5GB.. This isnt to say YOU MUST get more mem but lets continue

3. It shows your operating system in the DXdiag, as MS XP Pro

the SUPPORTED OS is, in your case, XP (Home or Pro) PLUS service pack 3(you said you dlded already), PLUS Dx9(you already have), PLUS .NETframework 3.5

So why you used compatability "win 2000" I don know ... thats goin backwards ..

4. Graphics minimum is 256MB Nvid 7900 (yours at 7300 is below the minimum - but could still work)

So now we've established that on the specs side, you have the minimum cpu, OS & service pack, directx9,

BUT, you're less than minimum on the system RAM and graphics card, I also dont know that you downloaded .NETFramework 3.5 ....

If you want to get components greater than what you have, is a LIL more tricky, you need to determine the upgrade options of your motherboard.

Like, type & max memory supported, cpu support, graphics card support, these are found generally in your manual.

However, you may be able to search online at the manufacturers website for this manual or on google for your board's specifications.

You can look at some sys specs by right clicking on "My Computer" , select "properties", it should show there what Service Pack you have... and few other things..

Furthermore another way to view more in-depth specs is to open your "Run" dialog & type "msinfo32", This will give you ALL this other info, SP, cpu, memory, even your system board manufacturer and model, so you can use that to reference on their site or google ..

You can dld sys info programs like sisoft sandra for free but have limited functionality but does provide good info, benchmarking etc..

O and generally when you upgrade vid drivers, they suggest you uninstall old drivers first, this can sometimes be fuzzy cuz the OS sometimes tries to reinstall them but jus cancel outta that.. Some also recommend disabling anti-virus as it did w/ mine, so the display driver will register properly...

Edited by Mehhh