Grand Theft Auto vice City weapon list issues

I know this is kinda geeky, abit trivial, but some of the weapons names are listed in accuracly, such as the Colt M1911 being called "Colt .45", Ithaca37 being called "Chrome Shotgun" etc. :thumbsdown:

It may also help to have ingame pics of the player weilding the weapon. :whistle:

Click here to see the full list of weapons, and there real names on IMFDB.

I belive there are also some issues like this on the GTA3 and GTASA pages.

And this is the weapons page for GTA4, incase your troubled on it...

This is most likely becuase the weapons ingame don't use real brands and trademarks, so they take representative names. Just like vehicles.

Or are you saying the names on the page are different to what they're called in-game?

They are called real messed up games in game, they should be listed too (IE MP5 is called MP, UZI is UZ-I, M1911 is Pistol, MAC-10 is Mac etc), but the person who wrote it got the real life gun names wrong on some of them. How can the M4 be in the game if it was 1986? There was a weapon at the time called the Colt M733, which is basically exactly the same as the M4, alittle smaller there, and a little bigger here. Still a techicality.

It's a game, it's not meant to be based on real life. I'm surprised you haven't criticized that Vice City wasn't called Miami. Even if the gun wasn't around, it doesn't stop them from including it. It's a game, it's virtual reality.

They did include the M733 stupid. And I was refering to the real life names that the guy gave to the weapons? Colt 45? You know its ovious to make the effort and write "M1911". And everyone knows the Chrome Shotgun is a Ithaca37. I mean, even the game names he got wrong. Ruger? Kruger. And please include its a Mini14.

Yeah, but it's a game. they made it and therefore can include whatever they want and call the weapons whatever they want, does it really matter if the weapons aren't called they are meant to be called or what you want them to be called?

Im saying what they are actually called. Half of the names the guy gaved arent the Game names, or the real life names. I dont want this to turn into a big argument.... :jumpon:

I dont think you get what I mean. I guess you were listing the real life names only, and not the game names. Some of those real life names were wrong, like Colt .45 is M1911, M4 is M733 etc. However, if you did mean game names on PS2, I will not bug you, But I just think it would be cool if you included the names of the proper real life versions.

Check the link in my original post :P