Switch Designs is asking for your support!

With GTA IV out now for PC and with modifications to the game already hitting the community, I have been extremely excited about all of the modding possibility's that will be available with this version of the game that are just not possible on the console versions. It has caused me want to be involved more than ever in making mods for everyone looking for something new and exciting to experience in their PC version of GTA IV. As one of the biggest GTA modders on the scene with millions of downloads, my mods on almost every GTA fan site out there, modifications in at least 3 major magazines that I know of and my GTA mods being used in every country in the world, I have come to the point in my career that I must ask you the GTA community that I love for some support.

I recently got a copy of GTA IV for PC so that I too could again start bringing all of you more amazing and creative mods by Switch Designs. However I have discovered that my PC is not going to be able to ever run the game well enough to play let alone to even work slightly enough to modify this game, test my modifications, make preview shots or really to do anything worth a crap with it. I NEED A NEW PC! As a modder who has done everything that I have for this community for free for many years I could now use a little help getting a new machine so that I can continue to provide all of you with the great GTA modifications you love and expect from me!

With over a million downloads of my mods and millions of fans around the world I figure that if I could even get half of one percent of you to donate even just 1$ to my Pay pal account that I would have enough money to buy the most awesome modding machine ever. By clicking the banner below you can help me to keep providing you and the community with awesome modifications for the ever expanding GTA series and you can feel good knowing that your support made this world a little bit more fun!

pixel.gif

If you are a part of a GTA fan site and would like to show your support by posting this banner on your web page that would be much appreciated and the html code can be found here!

Now if only that I have over 9000 bucks for me to donate to one of the biggest modding moguls out there... Too bad I don't have one, but don't worry, we're here to support you...

God Bless and keep up with your work, your mods really, really make us folks in the GTA community happy... :coolthumbup:

Now if only evryone was as cool as you! You should see how people are reacting in the www.gtaforums.com O.o.... See the maddness here!

Maybe I should start asking for donations for my mod?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19822

I'm not askng for donations for the 155+ mods that I have made I'm asking for donations so that I can make more mods!

Yes, I understand.

It's just that im not to fond of it being shouted over the main page...

I don't really know how to word it, but its sorta like an add or something... Ive only just got up so when ive finished my coffee I might be able to make more sense of it. lol

Is this really on the front page of TheGTAPlace? :P Like... really really. Best of luck, sir. Pretty ridiculous in my opinion, but if it's working then more power to you I suppose.

POKE hey Rappo long time no see and why not be on the main page I've done alot for everyone and now when I ask for a little help with my PC issues everyone freaks out lol. Money is hard to come by in this economy expecially for a starvin artist like myself. Besides it's no different than a GTA site asking for donations to pay for servers and bandwith right?

Now if only that I have over 9000 bucks for me to donate to one of the biggest modding moguls out there... Too bad I don't have one, but don't worry, we're here to support you...

God Bless and keep up with your work, your mods really, really make us folks in the GTA community happy... :coolthumbup:

Now if only evryone was as cool as you! You should see how people are reacting in the www.gtaforums.com O.o.... See the maddness here!

GTAF seems to be like a 4chan of sorts in my opinion; the modders there have made epic history, but some of the members there are like total nimwits or just trolls who don't care about manners. They're no different from those haters and flamers at Youtube who waste their time bashing people's videos or comments...

GTAF seems to be like a 4chan of sorts in my opinion; the modders there have made epic history, but some of the members there are like total nimwits or just trolls who don't care about manners. They're no different from those haters and flamers at Youtube who waste their time bashing people's videos or comments...

I completely agree and after 155 posts in 2 hr over there i was locked by some dumb fuck moderator who said i broke forum rules..... I NEVER BROKE ANY RULES and I hope to god Chris sees this for what it is and not me just begging for money like a bum!

I work so hard creating stupid fucking mods for this damn community and when I finally ask for some help I get shit on.

I completely agree and after 155 posts in 2 hr over there i was locked by some dumb fuck moderator who said i broke forum rules..... I NEVER BROKE ANY RULES and I hope that Chris sees this for what it is and not me just begging for money like a bum!

I work so hard creating stupid f**king mods for this d**n community and when I finally ask for some help I get s**t on.

I know what you feel, Switch; I joined GTAF in good faith, not intending to break any community guidelines. I haven't been banned from the board yet, but from what my homies say, some of the mods and members there are hopelessly sarcastic, and GTAF seems to be some hostile community where you need to get in the wagon or end up broke (although I'm not into bashing other members like some of them)...

well i honestly think that its great to see people making mods and a person or modder as u could say,without being able to mod is like a baby with out candy lol anyways i'am sad :'( to hear that u cant make any more mods because your stupid piece of shit computer so maybe i'll think about donating a hundred maybe 2hundred $$$ when i get some more $$$

to every enjoy Switch's mods,everyone donate to this gta lover and modder so u can help someone that needs help. :thumbsup:

It's people like you and Huckleberry Pie that make staying around worth it! Without people like you i'd be nothing! And as for system specs i'm afraid to tell.... (it's like sleeping with a fat girl and then telling all about it after the party when everyone thought that you took that little dime home!) i have a nvidia 7300gt with 512 mb ram and a pentinum 4 chip in my motherboard with 1 gig ram. I know slow dino for this time and age but it's all i got. And nvidias new gta4 drivers crash my graphics card >.< it's lame but what can you do. for me to continue modding the next gen gta game i need a newer system and thats all there is too it. I feel bad asking for help but i can't afford whats needed to keep making free mods and selling them is illegal.

Moved off the homepage.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I can't really allow modders like yourself to use my website's homepage to get donations. We don't even do it for the site server costs, not directly anyway, we have ads for that purpose like most other sites.

I read through a fair bit of your GTAF topic, and most people there seem just to be taking the piss, and you just came back with retorts, even when they brought your wife into it. You mention that your job barely supports your wife and kids... now I'm in no place to comment on your situation, but man, it sounds like you'd be better off looking for a better job. Easier said than done I know, but you have 3D modelling skills. I'm pretty sure you could get a well paid job in the industry that would better support your family, as well as your gaming habits, which are secondary to your family let's not forget.

You've made 100's of mods that have been downloaded millions of times so you have fans, sure there's a lot of people out there who want you to continue your work. I mean I don't know how much money you've received through this donation stuff, but the main demographic you're talking to are 13-20 year olds - the sort of people who aren't really in a position to be donating money.

P.S. link to your mods through the link on your author page, the one with the number of files. Due to the scale of the database and number of searches done per day, it's impractical for us to keep them for long periods of time. Searches therefore are only kept for 24 hours.

It's people like you and Huckleberry Pie that make staying around worth it! Without people like you i'd be nothing! And as for system specs i'm afraid to tell.... (it's like sleeping with a fat girl and then telling all about it after the party when everyone thought that you took that little dime home!) i have a nvidia 7300gt with 512 mb ram and a pentinum 4 chip in my motherboard with 1 gig ram. I know slow dino for this time and age but it's all i got. And nvidias new gta4 drivers crash my graphics card >.< it's lame but what can you do. for me to continue modding the next gen gta game i need a newer system and thats all there is too it. I feel bad asking for help but i can't afford whats needed to keep making free mods and selling them is illegal.

Gee, thanks... Other than a practical joke Chris and the guys had made on me (regarding my obsession with Strawberry Shortcake, which I like a lot :P), they were all nice on me, never giving me an f-word or two against me. They seem to be a bit sarcastic and rowdy, but not to the point that they'll pick on you and treat you like a total head case. That's the reason why I often come here and post a topic or two...

To everyone supporting Switch Designs

Switch has decided that in protest of me moving this post from our front page to the General GTA forum, he would edit ALL 156 mods of his mods hosted here and replace the file with a text file with a big "fuck you" to me, Chris, and this website.

This is coming from a famous GTA modder, well respected in most corners of the GTA community. Presumably happily married with children for over 10 years, he commits this childish, immature act. I don't understand why he's done it, but he has. I can only apologise on his behalf to everyone who genuinely enjoyed his mods, and now, thanks to this, can no longer download any of them.

First GTAGaming, now TGTAP. And with him not being liked by much of GTAF, I've no idea where he's going to go now.

Switch has left TGTAP now for personal reasons.

Wow. How sad SD...I can't escape the feeling you will not find a better GTA fan site then TGTAP. OK, I agree if you think the Moderators are a little too strict on the forum, but hell, they should be strict on a site that has more then 15,000 members on. We loved your work and we appreciated your work of mods for the GTA games you modded with, but is no reason to make a duplicate account just to be aggressive. You should know already that silly members like that will get warned/suspended and/or banned.

But hell, I loved your mods though! :lol: But why do this? I mean what started this foolish act of what you did? Dude I feel sorry for both you and TGTAP now. Your mods where great. They was a good thing for TGTAP and now to see them disappear from the Downloads section is not good. Good luck finding a different GTA fan site that is well respected and loved like this one! :(

-Ice

EDIT: Oh, he's banned. >.<

EDIT #2: Oh, he's unbanned and back in the Members group. ^_^

Edited by I©e

I just realized, and wow.

Switch, I don't know if you're reading this or not, fact is, you wouldn't care nonetheless. But I've seen some of your good mods, and they're pretty damn good, Even myself and some of my friends outside websites think it's cool. But you can't go and ask people for donations to keep your modding work going, even if you're in a crisis where you're not having money coming in, either way, you can't get money out of modding, as you weren't the creator of GTA, were you? Like Chris said above, you're good at 3D modelling, that's a good skill to have, and you can get a job on something like that in America.

Fact is everyone is going through their own problems right now, especially with the Economy. If you can run the game barely on minimum, there's no problem there, as long as you can still create modifications for it, and if you're getting these problems of such like buildings and stuff not showing, maybe you should wait until Rockstar release a patch for those fixes, then you can see all the buildings and stuff, thus leading you into creating your mods again. And if you really want a gaming machine, you might as well wait, shit is happening at the moment, and getting a Hardcore gaming PC will cost you the shit, and begging will make things only worse, mate.

If you don't have a good PC, so what? That doesn't stop you from modding GTA IV, I say wait until the patch comes out, because a post from you in GTAF said something about textures not appearing and that you won't be able to mod and stuff. Wait until Rockstar fix the problem up.

I dunno whether you'll be back to normal, but I wouldn't blame you, fact is, Rockstar horribly optimized the game, and not only have they done that, everyone is complaining that it doesn't look good. Economy is already facing a big downfall as it is, and it's going to take it's time to get big again. I say keep your cool, even if you don't produce the top mods, just keep your cool.

And good luck to whatever holds the future for you, hopefully you'll be earning the money you need to buy a new PC!

Edited by TM™