GTA IV Benchmark?

cosbuster

Is it just me or is it really retarted? The performance you get there has nothing to do with the one you get when playing the actual game. First of all it is done during night , which means much smoother gameplay since there are no shadows/advanced light effects and even the view distance seems to be decreasing.

Moreover, there is a minimum number of other vehicles and no pedestrians. It's like a deserted city with 4-5 bikes shooting each other which is as far from the actual gameplay as it can get.

The benchmark after the patch showed 45fps for me and while playing the game I barely get over 30.

Is it just me or is it really retarted? The performance you get there has nothing to do with the one you get when playing the actual game. First of all it is done during night , which means much smoother gameplay since there are no shadows/advanced light effects and even the view distance seems to be decreasing.

Moreover, there is a minimum number of other vehicles and no pedestrians. It's like a deserted city with 4-5 bikes shooting each other which is as far from the actual gameplay as it can get.

The benchmark after the patch showed 45fps for me and while playing the game I barely get over 30.

As retarded as the taxi drivers in the game, when you hire a cab. :D

Thank you, I thought I was the only one thinking this. The benchmark is at night, and during daylight there is more to render, with shadows and shadings on metal cars and everything else.

I got 25 fps on that benchmark, with low specs, but when I played it didn't look like that.

Edited by gtafan09