GTA4 with a steering wheel?`

Did you download the patch? Gta4 currently supports only Keyboard, Mouse and the Xbox controller, If you have problems with keys getting stuck and the screen spinning disconnect your controllers and reboot.

Yes, i already isntalled the patch and I hoped that the new directinput support for controllers would have had solved my problem, but unfortunately had not...

Edited by devilsadvocate

I don't think IV has real capability to work with Wheels. Since it's also a freeroaming game played on foot, and that's hard to control with a steering wheel (i'd assume). The inputs for wheels and gamepads work pretty much the same, but unless the game's properly coded to work with the hardware, there's bound to be problems. The only thing is to try and get hold of R*s tech support via email and see if the ever plan on implementing it.

I don't think IV has real capability to work with Wheels. Since it's also a freeroaming game played on foot, and that's hard to control with a steering wheel (i'd assume). The inputs for wheels and gamepads work pretty much the same, but unless the game's properly coded to work with the hardware, there's bound to be problems. The only thing is to try and get hold of R*s tech support via email and see if the ever plan on implementing it.

You can switch to mouse and keyboard, when you walk. this is not the problem.

The same thibg worked with GTA SA. They made an "advance control" patch! It worked perfectly!

The only problem with gta4 is the missing direct input to sensitize the steering and the pedals!

Edited by devilsadvocate

• 6 months later...

yeah, playing gta SA with a steering wheel was a completely different experience than without; so much more fun!

agree - changing from keyboard to the wheel is not a problem :)

I just hope they're going to release a patch to make it work well in gta 4! Do you know by chance if anything working's already come out ???

gta with steering wheel rules!!!!!!!!!!