• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • What's gay?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck yes. If it's disgusting to you, then i suggest you stop watching gay people have sex. Not like some guy is going to propose to you the second you leave the house.

Now, it is all about equal rights. Gay people have just as much rights as a straight guy(girl).

Only reason why it was never done was because religion and arranged marriages had go in the way and fuck it up for the happy lovers that were naturally like any other person.

So what I'm trying to say is, our marriage systems should be evolving to the point where we are civilised enough to accept this natural thing.

Me myself am not gay but so 100% for gay marriage.

^ actually, "love" is misused sometimes.

and just several years or months after the marriage, "love" would just simply fade away and everything would be a mess

Then why should anyone get married then?

Also saying we are being too tolerant, huh? We should accpect people for who there (of course there are some exceptions), but otherwise people should be who they are and shouldnt feel like they oppressed and cant express who they are.

Everyone should be allowed to love who they want, if two people want to get married then they should. No matter what gender, as someone said love is love. I doubt children raised by gay parents are more likely to be gay, its not how your raised its just who you are. Of course there will be straight people left, where would they go? Its not like an infection thats turning people gay.

Bold: Well what I mean by there being a more likely chance of them turning gay, especially men, is that children often prefer the same sex when they're young because of "cooties" and what not. I think the reason guys usually get over that, not only because of hormones, but because they're raised to understand that our life cycle doesn't work that way. ALSO, because of social issues they're afraid of facing.

At the stage a child becomes interested in the opposite sex is usually when the parents still have a huge influence in their lives and children usually take after their parents.

Bold:

Very true, and I have thought of that before I even posted in this topic, which is where the large amount of time it'd take for it to actually become a major problem comes into play.

EDIT: I'll use this comparison again. As interracial marriage continues, the amount of people with a mix of different races will increase. Again, not saying that's a bad thing...I think it'd actually be better that way. Anyways, the more gay couples that would adopt, the higher chance the child would turn gay, which in turn would cause another generation of people that are gay, that may not have turned out that way if they had straight parents. Again though, that'd take a very long time to cause any sort of problem.

The straight people would still be around, but the percent of gay people there would be over straight people would start to shift, which would progress very slowely.

Fuck yes. If it's disgusting to you, then i suggest you stop watching gay people have sex. Not like some guy is going to propose to you the second you leave the house.

Now, it is all about equal rights. Gay people have just as much rights as a straight guy(girl).

Only reason why it was never done was because religion and arranged marriages had go in the way and fuck it up for the happy lovers that were naturally like any other person.

So what I'm trying to say is, our marriage systems should be evolving to the point where we are civilised enough to accept this natural thing.

Me myself am not gay but so 100% for gay marriage.

Exactly, I think it's retarded for people to intervene into someone else's life and say that they can't do something "just because". I think there needs to be a much better reason behind it than "religious reasons" because obviously those homosexuals aren't following those particular religions that frown on gay marriage…why would they?

Edited by Harwood Butcher

I can't really express my true feelings here because of the homophobia ban, but I really don't like the idea. I didnt like it before even learning it was against the Bible. Every day I go to school and make gay jokes with my friends, they laugh, even though some of them hate prop 8. I cant say much more than that or else someone will cap my ass here...

and just several years or months after the marriage, "love" would just simply fade away and everything would be a mess

Sorry... why would a gay marriage be more likely to fall apart than a straight one? Why do you imply that it not possible for gay people to feel love?

I didn't realise people thought this. Sure loads of people think its unnatural, and loads dont approve due to religious reasons. But actually believing that homosexuality doesn't exist? Or thinking that its somehow less real than straight love? That's just insane.

Spare a thought for those 14-year-old girls with kids. They are straight, therefore they MUST be in love. And of course ignore all the 50-odd-year-old gay men I know who have been together for decades...

I can't really express my true feelings here because of the homophobia ban, but I really don't like the idea. I didnt like it before even learning it was against the Bible. Every day I go to school and make gay jokes with my friends, they laugh, even though some of them hate prop 8. I cant say much more than that or else someone will cap my ass here...

What we don't allow (and what is illegal) is making unreasonable assumptions, or stopping someone doing something for an unrelated reason. For example, saying that a gay/black/old person can't get the job, or vote, or come into your bar or something.

Saying you disagree with homosexuality is fine - that's an observation, and the truth (that you don't agree). Same for saying you think that gay marriage is wrong. However, saying "homosexuality is wrong" is completely different, and not provable as true, so it is just you forcing your beliefs on someone else, which IS wrong!

Personally, I don't feel the need to get married. And gay marriages even look a little weird to me. However, I see no reason (at all) why gay people should not be allowed to marry, even if loads of people don't agree with it.

I don't agree with pineapple, but other people eating it doesn't affect me, so I have nothing against them eating it. I don't like rap music, but nothing wrong with it existing and people listening to it. Just don't force me to eat pineapple or listen to shizzle-dawg-nigger or whatever they're called these days!

I don't agree with pineapple, but other people eating it doesn't affect me, so I have nothing against them eating it. I don't like rap music, but nothing wrong with it existing and people listening to it. Just don't force me to eat pineapple or listen to shizzle-dawg-nigger or whatever they're called these days!

I hate pineapples and rap too, but unlike you, I think both of them shouldn't exist. :P

So are you personally against getting married?

Like, if gay marriage shouldn't be allowed, then why should straight marriage be allowed?

Well the fight for these rights haven't been this extreme before...at least I don't think so. Give it a few years or possibly a decade or two and it'll probably be legal everywhere.

There is no real good answer to that question just yet. It's just that the majority of society has this certain look on life and apparently this would be a pretty large change for them and I think society just needs some time before this could become legal.

I just don't see marriage as an attractive proposition. Perhaps my view on that will change. But I certainly think it should be permitted for any two consenting adults.

I don't think allowing gay marriage affects anyone. It won't change your life at all unless you are directly involved in it, and it isn't causing harm to anyone, so I don't see the problem.

Yes a lot of you don't agree with it, but give me one real reason why your life would be any different if it existed?

Then why should anyone get married then?

Also saying we are being too tolerant, huh? We should accpect people for who there (of course there are some exceptions), but otherwise people should be who they are and shouldnt feel like they oppressed and cant express who they are.

marriage is a step of becoming more loyal to your partner, i know its natural that love towards each other would simply gone as times goes by, its natural.

and yes, people are too tolerant, many gays are struggling to achieve their goal, which is to be married someday, i know that there is a lot of gays in this world, but did these gays think that there are also many people who are against it? They should also consider that.

Sorry... why would a gay marriage be more likely to fall apart than a straight one? Why do you imply that it not possible for gay people to feel love?

I didn't realise people thought this. Sure loads of people think its unnatural, and loads dont approve due to religious reasons. But actually believing that homosexuality doesn't exist? Or thinking that its somehow less real than straight love? That's just insane.

did i ever said that love doesn't exist? i just said that it will be gone as couples stay together, and i never said that this case happens to ALL couples, i know it because my grandparents still love each other even after a very long time. But I do consider that many people just marry because of they are attracted physically to someone, thats why I don't believe that all of those gays who fight for their rights are really in-love.

i also never said that homosexuality doesn't exists, because i believe it exists thats why there are gays right now. My religion just objects against it, thats why I am too. And sometimes, I don't understand why westerners are so tolerant in things like this, sorry because I'll never support this same-sex marriage, i find it weird.

The people with arguments against gay marriage have it all wrong. The less tolerant society becomes, the more homosexuals there will be. Especially outside of the United States and Europe, homosexuality is shamed, and this shame makes gay men try and lead heterosexual lives. They force themselves to have a wife and kids. And guess what? Having a child spreads homosexuality! If we are more tolerant of it and allow gay people to marry one another, I don't doubt that homosexuality would disappear given the right amount of time.

The only problem is ignorance among people that makes them think homosexuality is a choice. That narrow-minded view kills whatever I said up there.

....because it makes the babies and doesn't make almost exaclty half of California and more than half of people in other states uncomfortable.

You do not need to be married to have kids.

And the people who are "umcomfortable" are probably ignorant, un cult, right wing extremist assholes. Not all of them but I bet a significant enough amount.

And people who are married don't need to have kids either.

I don't see why anyone is against it, unless they think there's something wrong about it. I'm not going to do it myself, but if it makes someone a bit happier, saves them from a fucking shitty life where they can't be who they want to be, then they should do it, and fuck anyone who says otherwise.

Just because it might get legalized, doesn't mean that you're all going to have to have gay marriages, you know that, you just wanna stop other people from having a life. You would be pretty fucking pissed if some gay guy came up to you and said that you can't get married, because it's wrong.

Edited by Connor

I think a few people are getting this mixed up... gay marriage wouldn't change that much, only allow gay couples to get married, when normally they would just stay as couples. Banning gay marriage doesn't stop us getting together, just prevents us having the same rights as opposite-sex couples.

This isn't about allowing or disallowing homosexuality or homosexual couples, it's just whether or not they can share a surname, share an income, get the right benefits, adopt children or whatever. It's just a legal status.

In the Netherlands, Belgium, Canada, Spain and Norway (and soon South Africa), gay and straight marriages have exactly the same legal status.