• No
    • I don't care
    • What's gay?

No, actually that isn't an opinion

Opinion = I think being gay is evil

Opinion = I think all fags should die

Offensive = being gay is evil

Offensive = All fags should die

Harwood you're right about the rape thing - being gay makes you no more likely to rape or get raped. In fact, men are a lot harder to rape than women - for anatomical reasons, as well as being generally stronger. Almost all rapes are man-on-woman.

As for prison, that is what being deprived of your natural sexuality does to a human adult. Why deprive us of ours just because you don't like the idea of it?

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, actually that isn't an opinion

Opinion = I think being gay is evil

Opinion = I think all fags should die

Offensive = being gay is evil

Offensive = All fags should die

...Maybe that's your opinion. :P

Just kiding, I'm sort of confused now. :blink:

Harwood you're right about the rape thing - being gay makes you no more likely to rape or get raped. In fact, men are a lot harder to rape than women - for anatomical reasons, as well as being generally stronger. Almost all rapes are man-on-woman.

As for prison, that is what being deprived of your natural sexuality does to a human adult. Why deprive us of ours just because you don't like the idea of it?

I guess when it comes down to being a homophobe and not someone that just generally doesn't like the idea of gays getting married, it's like trying to get someone to stop being afraid of heights. It's most likely not going to happen.

But hopefully we could get them to understand the situation enough so that they're not as homophobed that they'll be ok with gay marriage.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Honestly, I feel like im being taught a very simple algebra problem I didnt quite understand by some very patient teachers. My belief is a little shaken, ill admit that, but I think some of the things I expressed were misinterpreted.

The typical gay thing I described was just a way to explain the things I hate about it. When I said how is it natural, im looking at a much wider scale. Like beginning of time for humanity. Were people meant to be gay since then? The only reason we're here now is because they weren't. As for animal's being gay, that's just instinct, I suppose. Even though they are different, they evolved with us and before us, and have become like us in rather confused sexual preferences today. So, I was thinking, did humans evolve to be born with the gay "gene" or "instinct" or whatever it can be called?

For the Christians here, i'd like to point out that God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

For the non-christians, look at your mother and father right now.

For the people with two mommy's or two daddy's, I have no idea what to say, but I feel extremely revolted or saddened by the very thought of it, but expressing that I do feel disgusted makes me feel timid when i'm talking to normal people who just claim to prefer guys (as there are no girls here that are exactly expressing themselves).

To me, if my sister or a relative turned out to be gay, I would feel as if I could never be in the same room without an infection. That is truly how my brain feels about it.

No offense intended at all...

The people with arguments against gay marriage have it all wrong. The less tolerant society becomes, the more homosexuals there will be. Especially outside of the United States and Europe, homosexuality is shamed, and this shame makes gay men try and lead heterosexual lives. They force themselves to have a wife and kids. And guess what? Having a child spreads homosexuality! If we are more tolerant of it and allow gay people to marry one another, I don't doubt that homosexuality would disappear given the right amount of time.

The only problem is ignorance among people that makes them think homosexuality is a choice. That narrow-minded view kills whatever I said up there.

lolwtf, so you're saying since my dad's straight that means I'm straight. But if my dad was gay I'd be gay? Yeah I don't believe that at all. I do, however, believe it isn't a choice, but that's just ridiculous to be honest. It makes sense, but if one person comes out in the family that means ALL of them are gay? I think it's just a puberty thing.

Edit: didn't see Gerard's post:

Firstly, just because it isnt' a choice doesn't mean it's genetic. Just because you're born with something, doesn't mean it is passed on genetically.

I'm gay (in case you hadn't figured that out), and I never chose to be gay (which most people appreciate). However, I have an absent father, overbearing mother, and I went to a boys-only school. That's got to have something to do with it.

I personally blieve it is decided during puberty, not through a choice, but due to a wide range of environmental factors. Probably combined with a random predisposition to be suceptible to it, like some people get more colds.

Even if I was always this way (from birth) doesn't make it genetic. It does not mean that a gay man would have a gay son - that simply isn't true, even slightly. There is no "gay gene" or anything like that.

If you are suggesting that a child brought up by two men (but with a straight biological father) is more likely to be gay, then that is more realistic. However, is that suggesting that it is infectious? When you have a girlfriend, does that make you more likely to want to wear women's clothing? There's a difference between a role model and a contagious disease. I don't think you can force sexuality onto someone like that, or I'm sure homosexuality would be just as easily preventable.

Don't forget that both my parents were straight... they didn't have a straight son. Why would a gay man have a gay son?

For the Christians here, i'd like to point out that God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve.

God also gave us free will, something a lot of Christians seem to forget.

For the non-christians, look at your mother and father right now.

So, going by the logic that people cant be gay because their parents are male and female, does that also mean im not allowed to date/marry a black girl because both my parents are white? (its the same principal).

Look, bottom line is, you can hate homosexuality all you want, but you really have to face up to the fact that some people will be gay and there is nothing you can do to stop that, dwelling on something you have no control over is a real good way to waste your own life.

And i have one more question for all the homophobics here, give me one good example of how legalising gay marriage will affect your life or lifestyle?

Honestly, I feel like im being taught a very simple algebra problem I didnt quite understand by some very patient teachers. My belief is a little shaken, ill admit that, but I think some of the things I expressed were misinterpreted.

No offense intended at all...

Bold: :lolbounce: That made me giggle.

You are definitely entitled to your opinions and I for one am not trying to change your opinion and I don't think anyone else really is trying to either.

I personally think it's hard to really say that being gay is natural or unnatural. Being gay in general isn't really natural, BUT the love for one another is natural and I think that's all that matters.

Yeah, well you're still offending people...

If you're not happy with it, ignore it, it's not like people come being gay in front of you.

That's why there are topics about this...so we could all discuss it.

If everyone had the same opinion on something...why make a topic about it?

lolwtf, so you're saying since my dad's straight that means I'm straight. But if my dad was gay I'd be gay? Yeah I don't believe that at all. I do, however, believe it isn't a choice, but that's just ridiculous to be honest. It makes sense, but if one person comes out in the family that means ALL of them are gay? I think it's just a puberty thing.

Bold: A lot of people in this topic are saying that being homosexual isn't a choice and I agree with it, but not 100%. We don't have a choice in it, but it seems that our attraction towards one sex could be steered one way or another as we grow up.

I don't think it's a gene, but like a characteristic such as being shy. It takes certain things in someone’s life to change that characteristic. With that thought, I think someone could actually change from being straight to gay and then back to straight and so on and so forth, provided those particular events or experiences happen to them that cause characteristic creation or change. Although, with this particular characteristic it could be extremely difficult to change and I don't think it should be tampered with.

In the early '90s a correlation between the size of your hypothalamus & sexual preference, larger preferring females

& smaller preferring males (for the record, mine is colossal).

So for the Christians, you could say if someone is gay, god made them that way. Try a little tolerance.

For me, so what? What 2 consenting adults do in the privacy of their own space is their thing.

• 5 weeks later...
Call me old fashioned but I voted No. I personal believe it was meant to be Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. Hey if you wanna take a meat log in the ass, thats your choice. That is just my view, you guys and gals can do what ever the hell you want, your grown ass people.

If you think it's someone's choice to "take a meat log in the ass" then don't you think it should be their choice to get married as well? Also...I don't think lesbians prefer "meat logs" in the ass. :thumbsup:

Call me old fashioned but I voted No. I personal believe it was meant to be Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve. Hey if you wanna take a meat log in the ass, thats your choice. That is just my view, you guys and gals can do what ever the hell you want, your grown ass people.

rofl :awesome:

i had a mate who recently kept telling my lesbian classmate that by the time she had tasted a big cawk, she will keep finding it... i dunno but i was laughing when we talk about it

Heres something i have been thinking about in a wise, beard stroking sort of way. The first amendment of the American constitution, clearly states "freedom of religion". A lot of this anti-gay marriage in the US is based on religious (Christian to be precise) belief. Now from what i can tell, most homosexuals are atheist, therefore isnt it completely contradictory to the first amendment, for Christians to force their own beliefs on non-religious people?

People go apeshit if someone tries to challenge the second amendment, why should it be any different for the others?

Heres something i have been thinking about in a wise, beard stroking sort of way. The first amendment of the American constitution, clearly states "freedom of religion". A lot of this anti-gay marriage in the US is based on religious (Christian to be precise) belief. Now from what i can tell, most homosexuals are atheist, therefore isnt it completely contradictory to the first amendment, for Christians to force their own beliefs on non-religious people?

People go apeshit if someone tries to challenge the second amendment, why should it be any different for the others?

Well how are they getting married? In a church, in court, vegas or in some other way?

This thread is way too tl;dr, so I'm just going to cut in here. Adam and Eve is a FICTIONAL STORY that ONLY APPLIES TO CHRISTIANS and will NOT effect who I want to fuck or how I want to fuck them. Christians have NO RIGHT telling other people how to live when they can't even get their own religion and morals straight.

I voted yes. It doesn't effect ANYONE except gay people. Why, exactly, would anyone ever care what they do in their own personal lives?

This thread is way too tl;dr, so I'm just going to cut in here. Adam and Eve is a FICTIONAL STORY that ONLY APPLIES TO CHRISTIANS and will NOT effect who I want to fuck or how I want to fuck them. Christians have NO RIGHT telling other people how to live when they can't even get their own religion and morals straight.

I voted yes. It doesn't effect ANYONE except gay people. Why, exactly, would anyone ever care what they do in their own personal lives?

The whole dispute with Christians and gay marriage is that they don't want them getting married in Christian churches. There were some gay couples that tried to get married in a Christian church and were denied that right. That's what started the whole dispute. Other than that, you're absolutely right; Christians have no right in telling gay couples that they can't get married, provided that it’s not in their churches.

I can't believe people actually worry about who someone else loves. Wow.

You can certainly have your own opinion on homosexuality but do the world a favor: keep it to yourself. The fact that people go outside and take time out of their daily lives to protest the marriage of other people, whom they probably don't even know, is incredibly sad.

People should just realize that love is love is love. Happiness is happiness is happiness. If two people are in love and make each other happy, that is what matters. It's pretty pathetic when someone uses their time to ridicule other people based on their sexual orientation.

For the record, homosexuals are a hell of a lot more fun than heterosexuals.

Edited by YellowJacket

Lol, how does that have anything to do with the argument? :lolbounce:

I think that would be considered a stereotype. Sort of like how some people say white people can't dance.

But yeah, I totally agree with you on the other stuff. People should keep their damn nose out of other people's business.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

I think that would be considered a stereotype. Sort of like how some people say white people can't dance.

But yeah, I totally agree with you on the other stuff. People should keep their damn nose out of other people's business.

You're pretty......slow.

You're pretty......slow.

Actually I'm pretty fast. I could run a mile in around six minutes...maybe five. I don't see how that applies here though. :hurrhurr:

I voted no, however I'd like it changed as you Butcher and Gerard have changed my opinion. My previous view was pretty blind; being gay in general just wasn't right; but it affects many aspects of our lives.

The other thing is... does it really matter? This is what Harwood Butcher was hinting at. If your best friend happened to like bananas (but you hated bananas), would you stop being his friend? It doesn't affect you, so you can ignore it and still be friends. If your best friend happened to like other men (but you hate gays) would you stop being his friend? It doesn't affect you, so you can ignore it and still be friends.

I entirely agree with that. Involving Rap music as an example, you should all at least know the big feud Ja Rule had with 50 Cent in 2003.

My friend, loves 50 Cent and G Unit, hates Ja Rule and Murder Inc, however I love Ja Rule and Murder Inc and Hate 50 Cent and G Unit. Yet, we're still good friends and can put our interests aside and be friends.

Instead they act like genuine T.V straight out of Family Guy gays. Voice, speech, choice of words, moisturizer in their lightish purple backpacks, they are the very thing I am disgusted to believe in.

I'd just like to say. I use moisturizer, I straighten my hair using an expensive straightener I recently bought, I buy hair products but hardly use them, and like the color purple whether light or dark, however I am straight.

As for all gays being lisping, camp, drag queens- I think you watch too much TV. I know a lot of gay people, and only a very small number of them are "obviously" gay. Nobody has ever guessed that I am gay - I appear completely normal, and I am very masculine. I'm in the Army, I like computers, gadgets, gaming, cars etc. I don't have fancy hair, don't wear fancy clothes, don't talk funny, don't walk funny, don't moisturise etc. Do I look gay to you? (apart from the last photo)

No, I didn't even have the slightest idea you were gay up until I read your post.

There is a good example..Few years back on Australian Big Brother, and there was a gay farmer who went into the show not revealing it. Women liked him and nobody has the slightest idea he was gay until he revealed it some weeks later. He was masculine, had a normal, long hairstyle, talked with a slightly deep voice and wore normal clothes! Now who would have guessed he was gay?

-

Gay Marriage. I don't see what's wrong with it. It's not you that's getting married, it doesn't affect anyone's lives but the ones getting married, and like some have been saying, love is the most natural and best thing to happen to every person. Now why are so many people against it? It's like saying "20% off STOREWIDE excluding this etc.

One of the main reasons why I personally believe society can't accept homosexuality is that so, if too many have grown up with these stereotypes it's evolved into "It's wrong to be gay" as a generalized statement - and if you ask those who believe it, "Why?" I'm pretty sure they couldn't provide a proper answer that goes beyond "Because it's man and man, and should be man and woman" or "It's wrong." Not mentioning those who disagreed with homosexuality and gay marriage, as you've shown you do have a legitimate reason behind your beliefs. But many of the people at my school - who are complete fucking idiots generalize and stereotype too much.

I think this was my first majorly long post in a while