Dark

Gay Marriage  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • What's gay?

OK, don't let gays adopt, and do thorough background checks on those who do adopt, raise the adoption age to at least 24, and only let married couples adopt.

That's a load of shit. Do you know how many kids there are in adoption agencies? They are OVER FILLED. And you want to make it stricter to adopt. Then on top of that, you want abortion illegalized because there's "always adoption". So not only do you want to lower how many kids are leaving adoption agencies, but you want to raise how many are going in.

Are you that stupid? Quite frankly, a gay guy would make a 1,000,000 times better father than you would.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand not liking the idea of gay couples adopting, but to be honest, I don't see the point of banning it.

Imagine two lesbians, both nurses, a stable household with plenty of income, probably the two best parents you will EVER meet. But they are banned from adopting children just because they're both female? That isn't really sensible is it?

Now imagine two straight chavs (white trash) - both age 18 (the minimum age to adopt in some places). A totally unstable household, drugs everywhere, fighting everywhere, parents in and out of prison every week, no education between them, no jobs (living on state welfare/benefits). But because they are the opposite gender to each other, they are allowed to adopt.

Does that make sense to you? Read the Guide to Parenthood.

Actually, that last couple wouldn't be able to adopt either. Each possible couple is reviewed before they're able to adopt a child. A couple with a shitty ass background like that would not be able to adopt a child...they shouldn't even be able to get a fucking gold fish.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

I find it bad that society makes it so it's not right to express and be proud of homosexuality. Doing this is basically saying "Right, you can't kiss your girlfriend/boyfriend in public, you can't touch each other, and any form of desire/passion for each other is not allowed!" It's the same shit as straight couples, who are allowed to kiss, hug and touch in public without being looked down at. The public eye just hasn't seen or experienced enough of it to accept it.

Bold: At one point that actually wasn't allowed.

But you're right, since society hasn't been around it enough it's not accepted.

It actually depends where you go.

Some places are more accepting of homosexuality than others. I think it stems from how religious the community is.

I have to laugh at the idiots who think gays shouldn't adopt. I would be more inclined to send a kid off with two same gender parents who will provide a great life for them than some bastard parents who wont provide much for the kid in terms of love and such.

Homosexuals are people, too. Just because they are gay doesn't mean they suddenly can't be good parents.

Some places are more accepting of homosexuality than others. I think it stems from how religious the community is.

I have to laugh at the idiots who think gays shouldn't adopt. I would be more inclined to send a kid off with two same gender parents who will provide a great life for them than some bastard parents who wont provide much for the kid in terms of love and such.

Homosexuals are people, too. Just because they are gay doesn't mean they suddenly can't be good parents.

My reasons for thinking gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt does not involve their parenting skills. In regards to that, I think gay couples could be just as good at parenting as any other kind of couple out there.

i honestly don't see a reason to make gay Marriage illegal,i mean if guys feel comfortable that way and trying to be them selfs who are we to judge right?,as Claude-5 said love is love and you can't change that,plus why would you discriminate against someone because of there sexuality or but in there life,if they feel happy that way let them be

BUT I WOULDN'T GET

IN YOUR WAY,

YOU CAN COUNT ON ME

TO ALWAYS BE

BESIDE YOU EVERY DAY,

TO TELL YOU IT'S OKAY,

YOU WERE JUST BORN

THAT WAY,

AND HEY, AS THEY SAY,

IT'S IN YOUR DNA,

YOU'RE GAY!

:wtf: haha sorry just had to sing it :rofl2: lol

Edited by MetalInusan

Clearly not. Otherwise you'd know what 'god' knows. IIRC, the last person who tried to find out what 'god' knows got kicked out of a certain garden. Way to fail.

Oh, and my religion states that people with the username 'raybob95' on the GTA PLace forums should be hung. (Because they word 'raybob' is rude and blasphemous, in my religion, ofc) Does that make me right because it's what my beliefs are? Are you willing to be considered 'wrong' and 'unacceptable' and have rights taken away from you because of what I believe?

My reasons for thinking gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt does not involve their parenting skills. In regards to that, I think gay couples could be just as good at parenting as any other kind of couple out there.

So wait... You don't think they would make bad parents... But they still shouldn't be allowed to adopt? So you're saying you just want to take away rights just for the hell of it?

If I was gay, who the fuck is any christian to tell me that I can't marry someone of the same gender because it's against THEIR religion?

Because we know all. :hurrhurr:

Or so you think. Refer back to Llama's post if you have already forgotten.

My personal beliefs include not limiting or controlling someone else based on their beliefs/personality/race/ethnicity/sexual orientation. That must mean that none of those things are allowed to happen. Because it is what I believe, so apparently everyone in the world must agree.

If I was gay, who the fuck is any christian to tell me that I can't marry someone of the same gender because it's against THEIR religion?

You know all?

What the hell does that even mean?

What makes your ideas better than mine anyway? I could easily do many illusions, write a book about it and then fill the inbetween bits with lies? amirite? As it was all just illusions, Derren Brown fooled a group of people into thinking they were contacting the dead, but they weren't, he was making them think that only through the power of his mind. Just because things that jesus did are written in a book, doesn't mean it was even true. Any christian who reads this, will most likely ignore it, that's just the way their heads are wired, don't like their ideas being challenged.

For example raybob, just because I think you should get hit by a train doesn't mean it should happen, even if it's what the majority of people think too, that's your decision, hopefully you'll make the right decision. :hurrhurr:

(No offense man :awesome:)

Something else, what scientific evidence is there for god existing, and what scientific evidence is there for the big bang existing?

Edited by Twisted

Bottom line is, no matter what, as much as I myself don't like or approve of it, it's going to happen and I can't do anything but be a single ballot against it (when i'm old enough to vote.)

This topic should be more discussing if its right to be gay or not, but instead this topic clearly starts with the idea that will gay marriage happen or not. So I really think these discussions should be moved into some other topic, because reallly, we all know the gays and lesbians are eventually going to "Win."

Edited by Vercetti Thug

It's nothing about winning, it's just wanting to live their life how they like, without religious people telling them that it's wrong for them to be attracted to the same gender, that they can't have the rights that opposite sex couples do and in some countries, be killed for it.

You only have one life, might as well enjoy it.

Edited by Twisted

You know all?

What makes your ideas better than mine anyway? I could easily do many illusions, write a book about it and then fill the inbetween bits with lies? amirite? As it was all just illusions, Derren Brown fooled a group of people into thinking they were contacting the dead, but they weren't, he was making them think that only through the power of his mind. Just because things that jesus did are written in a book, doesn't mean it was even true. Any christian who reads this, will most likely ignore it, that's just the way their heads are wired, don't like their ideas being challenged.

For example raybob, just because I think you should get hit by a train doesn't mean it should happen, even if it's what the majority of people think too, that's your decision, hopefully you'll make the right decision. :hurrhurr:

Something else, what scientific evidence is there for god existing, and what scientific evidence is there for the big bang existing?

You have to get it through your head that everything isn't just fucking Christians. Islam is the second biggest religion in the fucking world and they are exactly the fucking same if not more intolerant than Christians in a lot of respects. So why do you immediately go straight to Christians? Don't reply with "Well it has been well documented, the bigotry of Christians" or some shit like that. The bigotry of mankind has been well documented, not everything wrong in this world is because of Christians.

Atheists are pretty damn flawed in their own rights.

It is people like you who make it hard for others to profess their faith. Instead of defending your faith and why you believe, you say stupid things like this. Furthering the view that all Christians are like you does more harm to Christianity than good. After reading each post of yours I find myself strongly disliking you more and more. If you can't be serious in a serious discussion, keep your stupid remarks to yourself and GTFO.

I don't want any replies to this. A few things had to be set straight, now lets get back on topic. Anyone who continues this is destroying a topic which was creating a great discussion of the issue. Keep it on topic guys.

You know all?

You have to get it through your head that everything isn't just fucking Christians. Islam is the second biggest religion in the fucking world and they are exactly the fucking same if not more intolerant than Christians in a lot of respects. So why do you immediately go straight to Christians? Don't reply with "Well it has been well documented, the bigotry of Christians" or some shit like that. The bigotry of mankind has been well documented, not everything wrong in this world is because of Christians.

I don't have to get anything in my head, I know it's fucking muslims too, I'm just using christianity as an example, because I haven't seen any muslims on here telling me I couldn't marry a guy. And I was actually directing that at raybob, who is a christian.

Not everything wrong with the world is due to christians, but most of it is, equal to any other religion like it.

I don't think you can really say Atheists are flawed, they don't kill people because a book tells them to.

What flaws do Atheists have?

Edited by Twisted

You don't make any sense and/or are a very closed minded individual.

I don't think ANYONE should have their rights taken away based on their sexual orientation. I don't think a homosexual couple should not be able to display PDA just because they are gay. I don't think any homosexual should be stripped of anything a straight person can do at all.

Some of you act as if homosexuals are scum. That's a pretty pathetic and disgusting attitude. I'm pretty sure you'd be upset if your rights were taken away just because of your sexuality or religion or whatnot.

We're talking about Christians because most of us live in Christian countries, and gay marriage is outlawed in those Christian countries because of Christian values.

The only explanations excuses in this topic for banning gay marriage are that its "unnatural" or it's against the word of God. Nobody's brought the Quran into this.

You know all?

I don't have to get anything in my head, I know it's fucking muslims too, I'm just using Christianity as an example, because I haven't seen any muslims on here telling me I couldn't marry a guy.

Not everything wrong with the world is due to christians, but most of it is, equal to any other religion like it.

I don't think you can really say Atheists are flawed, they don't kill people because a book tells them to.

Atheists are flawed. Everyone is human, Christian, Muslim and Atheist, and humans are flawed. So, you're saying Atheists don't kill because the don't follow a Religious text? Vladimir Lenin was an Atheist. Lenin was a mass murderer who used concentration camps and "reeducation" to impose his Atheist beliefs on the population.

Richard Dawkins debated a Rabbi at Oxford. Dawkins was defeated in a vote at the end and now claims the debate never happened. When the Rabbi posted the video of the debate for the whole world to see Dawkins defeated in an argument over Religion vs Science, he wrote an offensive letter to the Rabbi accusing him of speaking like Hitler!

...Dawkins attacked me on his website and denied that he and I had ever debated. My office quickly posted the full footage of a two hour debate which took place on October 23, 1996, a debate which Dawkins actually lost after a vote taken by the students as to which side, science or religion, caused more students to change their minds. In my article on the subject responding to his attack I was extremely respectful of Dr. Dawkins and was therefore shocked to receive a letter in return in which he accused me of speaking like Hitler. Had the noted scientist lost his mind? Hitler? Was this for real?

Couple of flaws there.

@ Gerard: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/quran/gay/long.html

People are actually being put to death in Muslim countries by law. No where in Christian societies are people being put to death by law for their sexual orientation.

I'm a Catholic and I'm not against gays at all. They can do as they please. I don't care if they adopt, marry, fuck, love, travel, ANYTHING. It has nothing to do with me. Atheism is just as close minded as they claim Religion is if they think all people with a Religion immediately condemn something. The Bible is a set of stories, if you take it literally like a lot of people think ALL Christians seem to do :/, then you might as well believe a wolf is going to imitate your Grandma and try and eat you.

This is the struggle of our time, just as interracial marriage was the struggle 50 or so years ago. Societies progress, it is only a matter of time.

I don't see Muslims in America trying to pass anti-homosexuality laws. I live in America. Therefore, the Muslims anti-homosexuality beliefs are not part of my society. The Christian ones, however, are.

What flaws do Atheists have?

Well, usually a lack of faith in humanity. Not that humanity deserves much faith, but going through life with that type of outlook isn't a healthy or productive way to live.

I was talking about Gay marriage, not the death sentence for homosexuality. In this CHRISTIAN country I'm not allowed to marry because of CHRISTIAN values, and there are christians here saying they agree with that because of their religious text. They don't say we should be killed, unlike others, which is a good start. Are you using that as proof of Christian tolerance?

Islam may feel the same way (or indeed worse) but that is not relevant to the situations we've been discussing, nor the rights I am denied because of my sexual preference.

I think I can clarify Connor's sentence. He said atheists don't kill people JUST because a book told them to - but many extreme monotheists do. Some atheists and theists kill people for reasons other than religious reasons, such as personal (not communal) beliefs or whatever circumstances/situation they're in. He was NOT saying that atheists don't kill - he's just saying that they aren't blinded by an ancient mistranslated book of heartwarming fables.

That's true for me, but it depends what kind of person you are really.

Isn't Atheism just not beleiving in god?

Actually, I do believe it's a full rejection of religion entirely. I think the "softer" one is agnostic. You'd probably fall in between them, possibly closer to agnostic than atheist.

According to my baptist mom, if you don't believe in Jesus you're an atheist. This is exactly the type of ignorance that is giving Christianity a bad name.