I need a save

orel

Somebody can give me a save for pc? i didnt pass the meusem thing

can someone give me his save for GTAIV Pc version? some good save please

and- can u tell me where to put the file?

thnak you so much u guys!!!!!!!

I would give you mine, but i dont know where it is located

Somebody can give me a save for pc? i didnt pass the meusem thing

can someone give me his save for GTAIV Pc version? some good save please

and- can u tell me where to put the file?

thnak you so much u guys!!!!!!!

I would give you mine, but i dont know where it is located

does anyone knows where does it located?

In your Local Application Data folder. Most modern games now use it for storing personal game data.

On Vista it'll be something like this:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_LONGNUMBER

On XP something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_LONGNUMBER

Inside you'll find a number of files.

SGTA412 is your autosave file (slot 12)

The rest all start from 0, so, your save in slot 1 will be called: SGTA400

The save in slot 2 will be: SGTA401 etc. etc.

They're 1.88MB in size and have no file extension, so if you're going to upload it you'll need to zip/rar it and probably provide a little readme so users know where to put it since the save folder has changed for the first time in 7 years - people won't be used to it.

In your Local Application Data folder. Most modern games now use it for storing personal game data.

On Vista it'll be something like this:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_LONGNUMBER

On XP something like:

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames\user_LONGNUMBER

Inside you'll find a number of files.

SGTA412 is your autosave file (slot 12)

The rest all start from 0, so, your save in slot 1 will be called: SGTA400

The save in slot 2 will be: SGTA401 etc. etc.

They're 1.88MB in size and have no file extension, so if you're going to upload it you'll need to zip/rar it and probably provide a little readme so users know where to put it since the save folder has changed for the first time in 7 years - people won't be used to it.

i dont have this files look what i have : C:\Documents and Settings\orel\My Documents\Rockstar Games\GTA IV

and 2 files Video and User music

wierd

Im not really sure how it's different but when i downloaded a save for PC from here it said "Incorrect save file, please check your hard drive". So since its different i really need a save badly! someone please give me one!

Hi.....I too need a save file but in recent browsing i found that the process is confusing..We have to modify two directories for xp in the local settings folder/app data folder go to microsoft folder where you will see the xlive folder which is your gta4 profile folder which has the specific user id...we have to modify the whole (copy and paste) the folder with the profile no, may be paste there so that we may have 2 profiles(iam not sure about this)...so wat we need 1. save game folder

2. xlive folder from the same user

its worth a try but having a backup is safe.

I had a weird save problem. Yesterday (yes new years eve :) ) i reinstalled my OS which was XP, before that i backed up my GTAIV save games from the directory Chris mentioned. After reinstalling XP i reinstalled GTAIV too, and to my surprise it asked me to sign in or create a new Windows live account. Before reinstalling XP and GTAIV i was signed in in my windows live account automatically when GTAIV was started. Since i didn't remember my WL ID nor password i created a new account but my old save games didnt work, it gave me the "Incorrect save file, please check your hard drive" error. After my useless efforts to get them to work i decided to get a 100% save game file from TGTAP. An xlive.dll came with the save which needed to be put in GTAIV main directory, and the best part is that not only the 100% save game now works but my old saves work too. So my point is - if u want to get a save game from different user to work, you will neeed that xlive.dll. When i start the game now im not logged in in windows live anymore, but i dont really care since i got my mission progress back.

edit: oh btw if anybody wants i can provide

''waste not want knots''

mission save file and some previous ones.

Edited by QuickDeath

Download the 100% save game here

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/file.php?id=3542

the xlive.dll comes with it. One more thing. When i copied the dll in GTAIV main directory and started the game a window popped up asking if i wanted to move some files somewhere (dont remember the specifics), i just pressed ''yes'' and everything worked.

Where did you put your save?