Dragonball: Evolution

Noru

Dragonball and Dragonball Z was something I watched when I was younger, Yes I was a fan of that show.

Anyways Fox has decided to create a Live Action Movie named Dragonball: Evolution. When I first heard about this I thought it would end up being total crap, now they have released a trailer for the movie, I'm still not sure if they will be able to pull this off.

Anyways here's the trailer.

Do you guys think they may be able to pull this off or will it end up failing?

Edited by Noru

Holy shit... that looks nothing like Dragonball at all. I heard about this a long time ago too and at first they were gonna make a DBZ movie but then that got cancelled. I was sort of interested in this but after seeing this trailer, none of the characters looks or resemble anything of the originals, the special effects look good but everything is just missing. I'm pretty sure Krillin is not going to be in this and that just defeats the purpose of making a Dragonball movie because he was Goku's best friend during the whole series and was like a main character. This is going to be an epic fail.

Mega bummed about this. I'm a bit of a closet fan of DBZ since I was about 13 lol. Somehow I've never grown out of it.

I found this movie on YouTube though. It says almost exactly what I was thinking (then it sort of trails into it's own weird spiral of strangeness, but it's still awesome)

Edited by Earthbound

Holy shit... that looks nothing like Dragonball at all. I heard about this a long time ago too and at first they were gonna make a DBZ movie but then that got cancelled. I was sort of interested in this but after seeing this trailer, none of the characters looks or resemble anything of the originals, the special effects look good but everything is just missing. I'm pretty sure Krillin is not going to be in this and that just defeats the purpose of making a Dragonball movie because he was Goku's best friend during the whole series and was like a main character. This is going to be an epic fail.

I completly agree with you, the intention is good but the execution looks awful. Still gonna watch it, just for curiousity.

Dragon Ball (Z) should stay the way it is, a succesful anime/manga, but of course Holliwood wants to thrash it by making a stupid movie about it and of course they are in it for the money.

gokuay7.png

Much better?

Dragon Ball (Z) should stay the way it is, a succesful anime/manga, but of course Holliwood wants to thrash it by making a stupid movie about it and of course they are in it for the money.
x2

I have watched only the first season of DBZ, Till the Freeza part and this trailer doesn't look anything like its anime version. The only character which resembles their anime counterpart is Bulma I guess, Goku has short hair? Long hair would have been win, with it blowing up while charging his lezars with those spirt charge things.

• 2 weeks later...

WTF kind of shit is this there's so many things wrong with this trailer. First of all goku supposed to be a kid, 2nd bulmas hair is blue, 3rd where's the pervy old master roshi we all know and love, 4th what the hell is up with piccolo?! Dragon ball [and z] used to be my all time favorite show when i was a kid. In my opinion they should of never of thought of making a live action movie. When I goto see this movie in the theatres on opening day, I am going to bring my video camera in with me and film people crying in the audience while watching it because of how HORRIBLE it is! I will then edit it, post it on youtube and let the director know how miserable he made us!