George Bush gets shoes thrown at him ( the game )

Husky

Shoe-wielding Iraqi journalist Muntadar al-Zaidi, who was catapulted to international prominence after throwing his shoes at President Bush during a press conference in Iraq, is now the star of the latest in viral Web games.

"Sock and Awe" -- named after the military doctrine employed in the US operation to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq -- allows players to throw shoes at a figure of President Bush, as he ducks behind a podium.

Al-Zaidi missed both his attempts before being dragged off by Iraqi security forces, but players of "Sock and Awe" have a little more leeway -- you can keep slinging footwear for up to thirty seconds.

At the time of writing, the virtual President Bush has been struck in the face by 21 million shoes, the site indicates.

Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe also shows visitors a league table of "Bush-shoeing countries" -- and although the United States is number one, the top five also includes France, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.

News of his new-found Web fame is unlikely to come as much comfort to al-Zaidi, who is reportedly facing up to two years in prison for disrespecting a foreign leader. Players of Sock and Awe are unlikely to meet the same fate.

Gameplay screenshot:

thumb_screen001.jpg

Play the game here.

Edited by Husky

Shoe-wielding Iraqi journalist Muntadar al-Zaidi, who was catapulted to international prominence after throwing his shoes at President Bush during a press conference in Iraq, is now the star of the latest in viral Web games.

"Sock and Awe" -- named after the military doctrine employed in the US operation to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq -- allows players to throw shoes at a figure of President Bush, as he ducks behind a podium.

Al-Zaidi missed both his attempts before being dragged off by Iraqi security forces, but players of "Sock and Awe" have a little more leeway -- you can keep slinging footwear for up to thirty seconds.

At the time of writing, the virtual President Bush has been struck in the face by 21 million shoes, the site indicates.

Sock and Awe

Sock and Awe also shows visitors a league table of "Bush-shoeing countries" -- and although the United States is number one, the top five also includes France, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.

News of his new-found Web fame is unlikely to come as much comfort to al-Zaidi, who is reportedly facing up to two years in prison for disrespecting a foreign leader. Players of Sock and Awe are unlikely to meet the same fate.

Gameplay screenshot:

thumb_screen001.jpg

Play the game here.

lolz, I knew it would turn up into being an Internet meme... :lolbounce::rofl2:

Dunno, and I don't care.

:weird: YOU DON'T CARE?!?!?!? If people didn't care where topics went there would be hepatitis topics in the "Fun & Game" section, rants about Elton John in the GTA sections...or...OR EVEN ELVIS TOPICS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT SECTION!!!

I guess I'm the champ when it comes to throwing shoes at G. Bush.

First try 14, 2nd try 19. Hate that silly sound when you throw it "haffa foofa sal!" said really fast...

How could you not like the sound?! It's what the guy(that threw the shoe)really said. It's fucking amazing. Btw, guys, I have no idea how some peopel are getting the score of 35 when they're playing the game. I've made every single shoe hit Bush before and I still didn't even get 20. :/

Edited by Nate10

• 2 weeks later...