[RELEASE] GTAIV Handling Editor

CoMPMStR

gtaivhepic.png

This is a program to simplify the ability of modding the vehicles in GTAIV. Everything is fairly self explanatory. The 'Exclude Comments' box only applies when saving the handling file. If ticked, it will remove all comments from the handling file, saving about 10kb of disk space. Whoopie! :/

Each tab in the program is dedicated to a particular set of handling attributes you are able to edit in the file. The tab that may need some explaining is the Import/Export tab. This feature allows you to backup, transfer, or distribute your vehicles' handling and extended data.

- The 'Import' and 'Export' buttons allow you to import/export the current vehicle's handling data.

- The 'Batch Import' and 'Batch Export' buttons allow you to import/export multiple vehicles' data from/to a *.bvd file.

- The 'Extended Import' and 'Extended Export' buttons allow you to import/export the current vehicle's extended data.

- The 'Batch' buttons next to the 'Extended Import' and 'Extended Export' buttons allow you to import/export multiple vehicles' extended data from/to a *.evd file.

When importing vehicle data, you are given the option to replace any vehicle in the import file. This doesn't affect the actual file. If you are importing standard handling data (mass, damage, etc) you can replace any vehicle with any other, but if you are importing extended vehicle data, you are only allowed to replace vehicles with another of its type.

The Misc tab contains a few different editors available for use:

- First is the model/handling flags editor. This is a GUI which allows you to select which flags you want enabled for the selected vehicle. It automatically calculates the flag value, all you have to do is pick which flags to enabled or disable.

- Second is the extended data editor for bikes, boats, and planes. This is vehicle specific data so the button will only be available for these vehicle classes.

- Third is the animation group editor. It is NOT recommended to change anything in here unless you know exactly what you are editing.

NEW in v1.2: The Misc tab now contains a section to set a certain vehicle property to a value for all vehicles. This will allow you to set all vehicles' Monetary Value to 999999 without doing it 1 by 1. :D

NEW in v1.3: The vehicle name for the selected vehicle will be displayed at the top right of the program, to allow for easier detection of vehicles when editing. Also fixed some minor bugs.

NEW in v1.4: As from request, Set All (which is located in the Misc tab) now contains some new features. You are now able to choose which vehicle type (cars, bikes, boats, helis, or all) to set the selected attribute. You can now also choose whether to increase or decrease the attribute from the value, along with setting the attribute equal to the value. Since the handling and model flags are hex values, you can ONLY set those attributes equal to the value.

IMPORTANT: If you attempt to import handling data to the current vehicle, the Vehicle ID must remain unchanged and the handling string must be in the same format as in the handling.dat file.

You will need the Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 installed in order for this program to run at all.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...19-81da479ab0d7

Download:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lxnalm

Edited by CoMPMStR

• 2 weeks later...
Hello ! i dont know what i am donig wrong ,but when i try to save the news handing, the WINDOS says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\bla bla bla ... "denied accesse ".

So ,why this ? what do i need to change the handing cars ?

Please help me ,and ty a lot

Try to right click on the application and then run it administrator mode.

Then try again, could work :D

Edited by ExtraOrdinary

Hello ! i dont know what i am donig wrong ,but when i try to save the news handing, the WINDOS says "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\bla bla bla ... "denied accesse ".

So ,why this ? what do i need to change the handing cars ?

Please help me ,and ty a lot

You get the access denied message because the file is ReadOnly. If you haven't patched your game to mod the files, you should check out my Mod Assistant.

I am having the problem that after I edit handling.dat (well rename the orignal and then save the eited one has handling.dat) that the game will not launch on the edited version. I replace it with the original and it launches.

Download my Mod Assistant http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21027 . When you run it, click the 'Open' button and load the files.txt (make sure you have the correct version selected at the top first). After the files are loaded, scroll down and find the handling.dat file. Select it in the list, then click the button labeled 'Backup'. It will bring up a menu, on the menu click 'Selected File'. Then you are free to edit the file and the game will still launch. Alternately, if you don't feel like scrolling the list to find the specific file. You can just click the 'Backup' button to bring up the menu, then click 'All Files'. This will backup all the files listed in files.txt and allow you to modify any one of them without worry of whether the game will launch or not. Let me know if it works or not.

I am having the problem that after I edit handling.dat (well rename the orignal and then save the eited one has handling.dat) that the game will not launch on the edited version. I replace it with the original and it launches.

Download my Mod Assistant http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21027 . When you run it, click the 'Open' button and load the files.txt (make sure you have the correct version selected at the top first). After the files are loaded, scroll down and find the handling.dat file. Select it in the list, then click the button labeled 'Backup'. It will bring up a menu, on the menu click 'Selected File'. Then you are free to edit the file and the game will still launch. Alternately, if you don't feel like scrolling the list to find the specific file. You can just click the 'Backup' button to bring up the menu, then click 'All Files'. This will backup all the files listed in files.txt and allow you to modify any one of them without worry of whether the game will launch or not. Let me know if it works or not.

Well , now i can change the handling.dat and i renamed too,but the game not launch .(if i change one single number ,the GTA 4 will not work).But i can have a new handling.dat ,so what tool i must have to launch the GTA 4?

Thank for all your help , i have sure we will make the NEW HANDLING.DAT work.

• 2 weeks later...