Santa Claus being declared as a Canadian citizen.

Damjan

The Government of Canada wishes Santa the very best in his Christmas Eve duties and wants to let him know that, as a Canadian citizen, he has the automatic right to re-enter Canada once his trip around the world is complete,” Kenney said in an official statement.

Just three weeks ago, the Conservative government proposed legislation to expand the country's sovereignty over Arctic waters.

International law at present states that no country has dominion over the North Pole, but the United States, Russia, Norway, Denmark and Canada have been pushing their claim to the area long believed to be the location of Santa's office and residence.

Source: The Calgary Sun

I'd like to ask Santa if he's Canadian, but it's probably just a way they're saying that the Arctic should be Canadian. It just makes people want to click on the news story and makes it sound more interesting.

International law at present states that no country has dominion over the North Pole, but the United States, Russia, Norway, Denmark and Canada have been pushing their claim to the area long believed to be the location of Santa's office and residence.
It's kind of stupid several counties are wanting to take over the Arctic IMO just for the materials (eg. oil) and to expand their counties. Personally I don't really care who takes it.

Do those Crackpots still belive in Santa?

We all know our Mum's and Dad's dress up in a red suit, and at midnight when they think we are too busy wanking they slip the "Presents" under the tree.

Face it, theres no such thing as flying Reindeer or Santa entering houses that dont have chimneys, so its pretty ovious.

And I cant belive the mature Charaters of shows like The Simpsons (Lisa and Bart), South Park (All of those ratbags) and Family guy (Stewie) still belive in Santa Claus, its bloody gay. Infact, Kochie off Sunrise still Belives in the jolly red fat dude!

Edited by Ultraussie

We all know our Mum's and Dad's dress up in a red suit, and at midnight when they think we are too busy wanking they slip the "Presents" under the tree.

Face it, theres no such thing as flying Reindeer or Santa entering houses that dont have chimneys, so its pretty ovious.

And I cant belive the mature Charaters of shows like The Simpsons (Lisa and Bart), South Park (All of those ratbags) and Family guy (Stewie) still belive in Santa Claus, its bloody gay. Infact, Kochie off Sunrise still Belives in the jolly red fat dude!

You do realize that Santa EXISTS in South Park continuity, right? (Imaginationland trilogy notwithstanding.)

It's simply a joke. They don't want to ruin it for children that don't understand and can't find the logic in all of this. They're just creating a Christmas episode.

Do you really believe a adult government official (Jason Kenney, the minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism) ACTUALLY believes in SANTA? Maybe he supports the rumours because it's a Christmas thing for the kids, but he obviously doesn't believe in his existence. It's just the way the government that'll make people like you guys talking over and posting forum topics about.

From Wikipedia:

One legend associated with Santa says that he lives in the far north, in a land of perpetual snow. The American version of Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, while Father Christmas is said to reside in Lapland, Finland.

Well, Canada is trying to say that the North Pole is Canadian, therefore making Santa Claus a Canadian.

I'd like to ask Santa if he's Canadian, but it's probably just a way they're saying that the Arctic should be Canadian. It just makes people want to click on the news story and makes it sound more interesting.
It's kind of stupid several counties are wanting to take over the Arctic IMO just for the materials (eg. oil) and to expand their counties. Personally I don't really care who takes it.

I always thought Santa was Mexican, lol :lolbounce:

Why would the USA need The Arctic for oil, what do you think the real reason behind the Iraq war was

You do realize that Santa EXISTS in South Park continuity, right? (Imaginationland trilogy notwithstanding.)

I dont watch southpark.

Meh.

It's simply a joke. They don't want to ruin it for children that don't understand and can't find the logic in all of this. They're just creating a Christmas episode.

Kids watch Southpark? Undeducated perants still tell Santa, Easter Bunny and Toothfary tales? The only EasterBunny ive seen was when My girlfreind dressed up in a bunny suit and "teased" me. And maybye I punched some 16 year olds tooth out.

Do you really believe a adult government official (Jason Kenney, the minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism) ACTUALLY believes in SANTA? Maybe he supports the rumours because it's a Christmas thing for the kids, but he obviously doesn't believe in his existence. It's just the way the government that'll make people like you guys talking over and posting forum topics about.

Goverment supports the kids that watch southpark and have undeducated perants? Impossible!

Only in America and Canada and Finland and Mexico and ImaginationLand :P

Like Sunrise's thing was oviously for the kids, but I bet if Koshie had the chance he woulda ripped his suit off to reveal a shirt that says "Santa doesnt exist" then start screaming in a high pitch voice the insructions on a condom packet!!!!!!

Yah.