Will it run with this Graphics Card

lmanlo

Hello I know that I meet all the requirements but not sure about the Graphics Card. I want to know if I could run Grand Theft Auto 4 with the Intel Media Accelerator 4500MHD up to 1277 MB of total Memory?

The rest that I have is 3 GB memory, 160GB HD, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ.

THank You and A fast response would be great.

I don't care if it runs in low quality, just that it runs and I can play it. I don't have a 360 or a PS3 and don't have money to get those systems.

Thank You.

Edited by lmanlo

From my expierence with Intel graphics cards, they're not that great for running games, everything else looks fine. I suggest getting yourself a copy of the game first, trying it, if it's not running too great, go get an NVIDEA graphics card instead, if it's running fine, then just leave it.

Edited by Twisted

Thanks Everyone. I have a copy of the game, bought today but did not open it. I don't want to risk opening it and not be able to return it. I wanted to check. I thought that it would not run because of the graphics card. Oh well. I really did want to play the game. But is claude-5 correct that I would be able to play or is the rest of you right.

Another thing, I was trying to play this on a Laptop.

Thanks for your answers. I think I will return it. Instead of risking the return policy.

noooooooooo!

lol. no way.

for a card to be good (nvidia) it has to be like.. 7X00 or 8X00 or 9X00 where X = 6 or higher. basically below that are cards not intended for games.

tbh i dont get why another topic was made just for this. put it in the big topic.

Not "not intended for games", but is intended for entry-level or casual games. You can play SA on medium settings with an 8400GS, but you need to have a better one if you want to play IV decently.

noooooooooo!

lol. no way.

for a card to be good (nvidia) it has to be like.. 7X00 or 8X00 or 9X00 where X = 6 or higher. basically below that are cards not intended for games.

tbh i dont get why another topic was made just for this. put it in the big topic.

Not "not intended for games", but is intended for entry-level or casual games. You can play SA on medium settings with an 8400GS, but you need to have a better one if you want to play IV decently.

I read that A Intel GMA 4500MHD Is as good as a 8400GT, but that card sucks too XD

noooooooooo!

lol. no way.

I read that A Intel GMA 4500MHD Is as good as a 8400GT, but that card sucks too XD

Then Can I play GTA 4 with the Intel GMA 4500MHD or not???????????????????????/

My best bet so far is an 8600GT; there are reports of people attempting to run IV on an 8400GS (my current card) with some success, but an Nvidia with the second digit at 5 or higher (8600, 9600, etc.) is highly recommended.

Anything lower than 6 will be pretty poor. The 8500 is not made for gaming, so you'll want one of the following cards: NVIDIA 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 260 or 280. Or if you go for ATi, a 3850, 3870, 4850 or 4870.

@ lmanlo, definitely not.

Edited by Davesta

noooooooooo!

lol. no way.

Yes but remember san andreas came out in 2005 :P

i can play it on a FX5200 too, but GTA4 is a whole different story remember.

Anything lower than 6 will be pretty poor. The 8500 is not made for gaming, so you'll want one of the following cards: NVIDIA 8600, 8800, 9600, 9800, 260 or 280. Or if you go for ATi, a 3850, 3870, 4850 or 4870.

^ exactly.