Terminator Salvation

rockstarrem

Alright, obviously Chris and I love the Terminator series etc (by the way I just have that link in my sig because it's roarsome it's completely his site) and I'm wondering what everyone thinks. I just found out that James Cameron is actually directed it (he directed T1 and T2, he did not direct T3 but the movie fit in with the story well anyway. The Terminator series are my favorite movies of all time - Terminator 2: Judgement Day IS my favorite movie of all time.

The same writers from Terminator 3 are writing the screenplay for this movie but I'm a little bit concerned. In T2 and T3 the machines in the future are MUCH different. Don't get me wrong, these ones are fucking cool but they're not the same. I don't like it when they change. Also, in the trailer John Connor and his butt buddy or whoever he is are riding these fucking big ass realistic motorcycles or some shit. That kinda turned me off as well.

Basically what I'm asking is what do you think guys? For the people that have seen the other three, what do you think about the changes? For just people that haven't, what do you think?

The Terminator series are one my favorite movies as well with the 2nd movie still on top and I am looking forward to Terminator Salvation.

After watching this Trailer, John says something has changed, this isn't the future we were warned about and etc...

The machines could of maybe changed because of the events that happened in the first 3 movies. With them going back in time could of changed the future somewhat, something like a "Butterfly effect".

Edited by Noru

Still the old one. Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You're an idiot. Of course it's not him. You do realise he's a governor now right? Like he has actual politics shit to do, he doesn't still do acting, just minor cameos here and there. A possible cameo is his only talked about part in TS.

Also, why would the film NOT have a terminator in it? Do you realise what you just said? Have you even watched the trailers, or even read the title of the film? You can SEE terminators shooting shit. I swear people on this forum get more and more retarded everyday. Damn.

Anyway, yes, James Cameron. Awesome. The film should be totally awesome because also it has Christian Bale as John Connor :awesome:

Also, in the trailer John Connor and his butt buddy or whoever he is are riding these fucking big ass realistic motorcycles or some shit. That kinda turned me off as well.

I thought those were terminators. It looks like a whole machine anyway rather than humans riding them.

Alright, obviously Chris and I love the Terminator series etc (by the way I just have that link in my sig because it's roarsome it's completely his site) and I'm wondering what everyone thinks. I just found out that James Cameron is actually directed it (he directed T1 and T2, he did not direct T3 but the movie fit in with the story well anyway. The Terminator series are my favorite movies of all time - Terminator 2: Judgement Day IS my favorite movie of all time.

The same writers from Terminator 3 are writing the screenplay for this movie but I'm a little bit concerned. In T2 and T3 the machines in the future are MUCH different. Don't get me wrong, these ones are fucking cool but they're not the same. I don't like it when they change. Also, in the trailer John Connor and his butt buddy or whoever he is are riding these fucking big ass realistic motorcycles or some shit. That kinda turned me off as well.

Basically what I'm asking is what do you think guys? For the people that have seen the other three, what do you think about the changes? For just people that haven't, what do you think?

Also my favourite Terminator movie not my favourite of all time but still and awesome movie. As for the movie itself, it looks somewhat decent with Christian Bale contributing his 'tough guy Batman voice' (which sounds hilarious IMO in Batman). Although I think everyone will agree this one won't be the same because it doesn't have Arnie but hopefully it'll do justice to the series. I would like the movie to have a more darker theme (sort of like the future is depicted in TTSCC), even though those scenes in the trailer seem more bright during most of the time and with everything is not competely destroyed.

Normally I wouldn't have done but you said you were a fanboy yet didn't even know Arnie wasn't in it :/

Prime example of Chris love and fanboyism for the Terminator series :awesome:

I thought SCC threw out whatever happens in the third movie.

Yeah it was basically an alternate time line following the events of T2.

Also they're making a video game based on this, I think it uses a cover system similar to Gears of War, GTA IV and etc and hopefully both the movie and game will be good. Don't think there's been any good Terminator games so far...