What a CRAPPY PATCH ROCKSTAR

samtherocker

Hey has anyone applied the new patch gor gta iv ? Well I did cause it said it would support input devices and help with graphics. Well it does make my dual analog Logitech controller work, couldn't tell much difference in the graphics. But here's the thing that really pissed me off. Gta iv never messed up on me before I applied the patch, well after I put the patch on the game it sometimes says app crash and all them good things. I just hope for Rockstar's sake that the next patch don't mess up the game, but then agian all I CAN DO IS HOPE !!! <_<

There's a fix for the spinning camera...

Quote from Rockstar (Yes, GTAForums has a Rockstar Rep =/ ):

Look / Spin / Stuck Key issue:

Title Update 12/12/08

With the latest Title Update, some users are experiencing a Look/Spin/Stuck Key issue that interferes with user input. The temporary fix, described below, will restore Keyboard/Mouse and XInput (360) controller functionality. Support for DirectInput devices is currently limited. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

To fix the issue:

A1) Unplug any DirectInput controllers (gamepads, joysticks etc..)

A2) Reboot your computer

A3) Launch GTA IV

If the issue persists, the following instructions are provided as a guide to assist you in deleting the conflicting DirectInput drivers:

B1) Exit game

B2) Go to Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager->Human Interface Devices

B3) Locate drivers for devices

B4) Delete drivers for devices

B5) Launch GTA IV

**Some users are able to reinstall the drivers for their DirectInput devices, with the device attached, and have found that it will work in game. If you do attempt to reinstall your device and the problem resurfaces, please follow steps B1-B5 again.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1.0.2.0 patch made me unable to use computers ingame... and it has a bug on mission when u deliver Blista Compact for Vlad (garage doors wont open).

This bug happens when you use a No-CD crack. I know, because I tried one and it happened to me (yes, I own the game, I just don't like using the CD).

Either use the original CD or buy the game like everyone else does.

1.0.2.0 patch made me unable to use computers ingame... and it has a bug on mission when u deliver Blista Compact for Vlad (garage doors wont open).

This bug happens when you use a No-CD crack. I know, because I tried one and it happened to me (yes, I own the game, I just don't like using the CD).

Either use the original CD or buy the game like everyone else does.

I never bough original game in my life, at the moment I got like 10000$ in piracy installed on my PC^^ But I will buy GTA IV (for multiplayer) and that will be my first original game bough ever... :D well thanks for help, Id never know why is that bug showing.

I never bough original game in my life, at the moment I got like 10000$ in piracy installed on my PC^^ But I will buy GTA IV (for multiplayer) and that will be my first original game bough ever... :D well thanks for help, Id never know why is that bug showing.

That's really nothing to be proud of right there. Okay, that might be slightly hypocritical coming from someone on a pirated version of Windows (did they really expect me to buy Vista?) but I have never pirated a game in my life. The gaming industry is on its knees at the moment, mainly because of people like you. Look at all of EA's games. It's thanks to pirates like you that we, paying customers, have to put up with crap like securom limiting the amount of times we can install the games on our PCs. What you are doing is you are essentially stealing from companies who are already suffering because of the current economic crisis (I'd hardly say that microsoft is suffering, so you can pirate windows as many times as you like for all I care). Seriously, delete every game on your PC and go out and buy them for the sake of the gaming industry and all of us PC gamers who are being treated like criminals by companies like Securom.

I dont say Im proud about it, I just said I dont care about it. And btw, how could I know EA is 'suffering'? And you got a point about Vista, it sux anyway ^^

Btw, I dont have 10000$ in pirates just of games. I have, lets say 'only' like 300-400$ in games at this moment. And I didnt downloaded any, except a few games that originally costs like 1$ or sumthin. I usually buy it from 'pirates of the streets' :D people who sell pirated games on streets, ya know... So game that usually costs 70$ I can buy for 1$ on the street. Great deal, isnt it? :) And also many of games I got my friend gave me.

And important thing: I get pirated games, which doesnt mean EVERYONE should. I just dont have time to search for original game stores in this country that have all the games I need... I saw like 2-3 stores that sell originals in my ENTIRE LIFE, and they dont have all the popular games, just some crap from very unknown developers, so you cant blame me for living in a country that has a high rate, maybe the most in the world (excluding africa), of pirated CD-s and DVD-s.

Well, stay safe and buy games, folks :D

And I almost forgot, WTF is securom?! Never had original, So I dunno what it is, can u tell me?

Edited by GeOrGe_DrIfTeR

I dont say Im proud about it, I just said I dont care about it. And btw, how could I know EA is 'suffering'? And you got a point about Vista, it sux anyway ^^

Btw, I dont have 10000$ in pirates just of games. I have, lets say 'only' like 300-400$ in games at this moment. And I didnt downloaded any, except a few games that originally costs like 1$ or sumthin. I usually buy it from 'pirates of the streets' :D people who sell pirated games on streets, ya know... So game that usually costs 70$ I can buy for 1$ on the street. Great deal, isnt it? :) And also many of games I got my friend gave me.

And important thing: I get pirated games, which doesnt mean EVERYONE should. I just dont have time to search for original game stores in this country that have all the games I need... I saw like 2-3 stores that sell originals in my ENTIRE LIFE, and they dont have all the popular games, just some crap from very unknown developers, so you cant blame me for living in a country that has a high rate, maybe the most in the world (excluding africa), of pirated CD-s and DVD-s.

Well, stay safe and buy games, folks :D

And I almost forgot, what is securom?! Never had original, So I dunno what it is, can u tell me?

Internet_argument.jpg

Well, I know what some people feel, but I guess we don't want to escalate into an argument of some sort...

If you can't find a store to buy from, try a service like Direct2Drive or Steam to buy games.

Direct to what? Steam?! I dont trust internet shopping, I only trust domain buying and webhosting at some popular sites, but to risk to buy a game on internet and never get it delivered to my home... I can place a bet neither Steam or Direct2Drive can even show Serbia on the world's map xD Ill buy GTA IV original as I said, just it takes some time till my friend brings it from Montenegro (another country noone can show on map). Till then, Ill enjoy my pirated GTA IV (with no multiplayer:().

[EDIT]

I just got on that direct2drive site. sorry, but GTA IV is a 16 GB videogame, and my download speed is 45 kbps. If I buy it and start downloading, where would I end up? It will take few centuries to download :D

[ANOTHER EDIT]

I checked steam, they dont even have GTA IV.

Edited by GeOrGe_DrIfTeR

well let's face it. you can't stop piracy, and it's not worth trying so stop ruining game with securerom and such!!!!!

You got a point on that... Will it make any difference if I stop getting pirated games? I am just 1 (one) person of them MILLIONS to use warez.

I think that it wont affect much on reducing piracy, dont ya agree? But I have another solution: why dont we send a army of policemen into every home in the world, check every CD-DVD stand, every drawer, every place u can hide a CD-DVD, and take all of people that has any to the court of justice and judge them for every single wrong thing on this planet, and, ofc, execute them infront of all others.

That will bring some fear in us, aint it right? ^^

And just to add, this 'What a CRAPPY PATCH ROCKSTAR' subject turned into a warez argument... once again :D everywhere I go on this forum I start internet argument :S

Damn, I just have a bad luck :D

Edited by GeOrGe_DrIfTeR

If you can't find a store to buy from, try a service like Direct2Drive or Steam to buy games.

Direct to what? Steam?! I dont trust internet shopping, I only trust domain buying and webhosting at some popular sites, but to risk to buy a game on internet and never get it delivered to my home... I can place a bet neither Steam or Direct2Drive can even show Serbia on the world's map xD Ill buy GTA IV original as I said, just it takes some time till my friend brings it from Montenegro (another country noone can show on map). Till then, Ill enjoy my pirated GTA IV (with no multiplayer:().

It ain't like internet shopping, you buy it from either Steam or Direct2Drive, and you can easily download it from them, without actually getting from your doorstep.

Direct2Drive and Steam are reliable. They're one of the most secure internet game shopping websites, Direct2Drive is even cheaper and faster because you pay the money and then get a DOWNLOAD code which you can insert somewhere and download the ORIGINAL game LEGALLY. As it's 14GB it could take a few hours or even one day.

[EDIT]

I just got on that direct2drive site. sorry, but GTA IV is a 16 GB videogame, and my download speed is 45 kbps. If I buy it and start downloading, where would I end up? It will take few centuries to download :D

[ANOTHER EDIT]

I checked steam, they dont even have GTA IV.

Got it! It would take around 98 hours to download (like 4 days or sumthin). If we add the fact that I share my internet with 2 other people in this house, who watches youtube all the time and download some shit they dont even need, so I need to pause my downloads all the time, and to add the fact that my internet connection breaks from time to time, like 2-3 times a day, it would take like a month to download all shit.

And also, dont you think that download link Ill get from direct2drive will expire in that period? think about it.

Edited by GeOrGe_DrIfTeR

Well I think most people who "pirate" stuff on the internet is purely because of economic reasons. If they couldn't get it for free its very unlikely they would buy it anyways.

But for a game like GTA4 if you cant afford it then you probably cant afford the PC hardware to run it properly.

Edited by Sabin