Whats your Relationship Status?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Status

• Single
    • Seeing Someone
    • Maried
    • Complicated Relationship
    • Not interested in love at all.

I am mean yes. I hate chat up lines and cheesy phrases like that.

Well done Thomas :clapping: I love that song, I know it off by heart, the French lyrics are just so much better. Le table, is just lame. That would never impress anyone haha. Even though French is quite hard I find it so much easier then Spanish. Probably because I really enjoy French, whereas I found Spanish quite boring. German just scares me, don't say "I love you" in German, it just sounds disturbing.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am mean yes. I hate chat up lines and cheesy phrases like that.

Well done Thomas :clapping: I love that song, I know it off by heart, the French lyrics are just so much better. Le table, is just lame. That would never impress anyone haha. Even though French is quite hard I find it so much easier then Spanish. Probably because I really enjoy French, whereas I found Spanish quite boring. German just scares me, don't say "I love you" in German, it just sounds disturbing.

I don't even know why I mentioned le table, I doubt a lot of people would use "the table" in romantic chat ups and conversations. I have to agree with you about Spanish though, I don't really like it. They have two ways of saying "and". After what I learned about Germany and it's past I doubt I want to know about it but if I'm going there for some sort of holiday then I will learn a few phrases. French is my favourite though, I love it, sounds awesome when you listen to music and people on French radio & TV (Yes, I have gone that far, BFM TV to be more specific, news channel, hey at leasts it's more entertaining than the BBC)

The same word for love in German - liebe - means sex. Disgusting. "Ich liebe dich" says the dictionary.

@Thomas: Dude, you didn't know you had to say "tu" at the end? I dunno, the first thing I was taught was the whole Je/Tu/Il/Elle/Nous/Vous/Ils/Elles and how to conjugate a verb accordingly (well actually the conjugating I didn't do right away).

The verbs when you first learn them are hard, I hardly knew what "Je voudrais" meant last year and that is the most simplest and easiest of expressions to remember. Now that I know verb types in one language, I will find it easier to learn them in others such as Italian, Spanish etc.

Yeah, they have two meanings for "you" and "we". Nous and On for we. Vous and tu for you. Conjugation is quite easy as long as you know what verbs are regular and irregular. I usually think about the word order in verbs, if it ends in -er most of the time it will be regular. There are two ways to conjugate -ir verbs, an example is "finir" for the most common example. The least common and more irregular verbs are in the -re set of verbs.

This would be all you would need to know about verbs if you were going to France, Quebec or La Francophonie for a short period, it is a basic conjugation of the verb arriver which is regular, just change the arriv- to any other -er verb that is regular. Present Tense:

arriver - to arrive

J'arrive - I arrive; I am arriving

Tu arrives - you arrive; you are arriving

Il arrive - He/It arrives; He/It is arriving

Elle arrive - She/It arrives; She/It is arriving

On arrive - We arrive; We are arriving

On arrive - One arrives; One is arriving

Nous arrivons - We arrive; We are arriving

Vous arrivez - You arrive; You are arriving

Ils arrivent - They arrive; They are arriving

Elles arrivent - They arrive; They are arriving

Just change the arriv- part to ador- to get "to love" and to aim- to get "to like" etc.

--

Maybe we should get back on to relationships now, French went way offtopic.