I got black shadows on GTA: SA help!

nigge

Do you mean the black roads? If that's what you mean, then there is no known solution to it besides upgrading your graphic card. Which graphic card do you have, btw?

Yep that`s what i meant, i got ATI Radeon Xpress Series 200 or just Series /(Not sure) ;>< but theyr both rly crappy but it says it haves 256MB and i got 446MB RAM and 2.19GHz and i should be able to run it but no.. Hmm...

Do you mean the black roads? If that's what you mean, then there is no known solution to it besides upgrading your graphic card. Which graphic card do you have, btw?

Yep that`s what i meant, i got ATI Radeon Xpress Series 200 or just Series /(Not sure) ;>< but theyr both rly crappy but it says it haves 256MB and i got 446MB RAM and 2.19GHz and i should be able to run it but no.. Hmm...

That's the exact same integrated video card I had on my older PC and I could never get rid of the black roads. Sadly, it's something you'll have to live with unless you upgrade.

That's the exact same integrated video card I had on my older PC and I could never get rid of the black roads. Sadly, it's something you'll have to live with unless you upgrade.

Okay, thanks. How much did ur new video card cost? And is it good, cuz i might be buying more RAM and new video card soon.. since RAM is hella cheap, 2GB for only 25euros.

My new video card is a ATi HD 4850 that cost me about $180. But that's maybe because I'm in India. It should cost lesser where you live. Besides, it depends on what your budget is.

@S-V: I'm not sure if it is supposed to fix it. It's supposed to fix the crash when you enter advanced display options.

- Crash when entering advanced display options with only 32 meg of video ram (32 meg of video ram is not supported and will only allow use of 640*480 in 16 and 32 bit. At this resolution it is likely you will see the "Black Roads" LOD problem). We do NOT however disallow machines with 32 meg of video ram from running GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas.

I was running the game at a higher resolution than that but I still used to get the black roads issue.

Edited by Girish

For some reason i cannot install the patch, it whines sumthing... ;( Sux. How about 2.0? O.o wuts that.

Girish how high did u run it? And how much RAM u had cuz i cannot really run it good, 640x480x or 800x600x with low, how did u get it working good??? Thx. I have tried to download the patch for it on ATI but it says its not the right, it is, its only Ati Radeon Xpress Series (WIERD??) Idk.

I ran the game at a resolution of 800x600x16 at all settings low. Additionally, I turned off sound acceleration that helped me gain a few fps.

Go to Start > Run > Type 'dxdiag' > OK > Sound. Drag the acceleration slider to the left.

And the patch won't work if you have v2 or you're using a no-cd crack.

I ran the game at a resolution of 800x600x16 at all settings low. Additionally, I turned off sound acceleration that helped me gain a few fps.

Go to Start > Run > Type 'dxdiag' > OK > Sound. Drag the acceleration slider to the left.

And the patch won't work if you have v2 or you're using a no-cd crack.

Äny other things that boosts PC, i`ve already setted my VRam higher than it should be :D And cleaned shits... IDC about graphics but just no lag and no black shadows but its just dream :D

But i got GTA IV ON X360 and HDTV ;)