BIG PROBLEM ! GTA IV !

Warren

Hello, im having problem with GTA IV i just brought it from market and i installed it without any problems then i already had account in windows live and rockstar so then i just click to start the game and guess what comes problem like this

SecuROM Launcher has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience

something like that on English :bashhead:

u mean me GTA IV is now damaged ? at brand new ? is that securom launcher damaged or something ?

keep it mind i have REAL ONE not FAKE !

me PC can run GTA IV i tested it can i pass the test so i think it is not problem here is my specs

Q6600 2.40 (default clocks)

Asus 8800 GTX (default clocking)

P5k .... something motherboard

500w (powersupply)

hope u can help me i have latest drivers of card i downloaded from NVIDIA and the side says i have latest drives so i don't need to download new ones

Heres some of what the people said.

"You need to install the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable. "

"I had the same problem so i emailed securom, they sent a reply saying that the error means that the gta4 exec has been changed in some way. So i did a reinstall and same prob but noticed i had the shield symbol on the gta icon (run this program as administrator) dont know why that was ticked under compatability via properties. Unticked and finally worked."

"Install all the exe's and the one msi file that is in your first DvD (DvDDRIVE:\GTAIV\Redistributable\*.exe) This SHOULD get rid of that issue."

"It is in your DvD. Right click -> open. to access the dvd instead of autorun. The address is given above. I hope you know what letter is ur dvd drive in."

Hope this was helpful..

Edited by Shortbus

Heres some of what the people said.

"You need to install the Visual C++ 2005 redistributable. "

"I had the same problem so i emailed securom, they sent a reply saying that the error means that the gta4 exec has been changed in some way. So i did a reinstall and same prob but noticed i had the shield symbol on the gta icon (run this program as administrator) dont know why that was ticked under compatability via properties. Unticked and finally worked."

"Install all the exe's and the one msi file that is in your first DvD (DvDDRIVE:\GTAIV\Redistributable\*.exe) This SHOULD get rid of that issue."

"It is in your DvD. Right click -> open. to access the dvd instead of autorun. The address is given above. I hope you know what letter is ur dvd drive in."

Hope this was helpful..

nope didn't work i reinstalled it and installed it but still same error :clapping:

why i should check it because im already the admin of me PC .. second i don't have vista i have XP >.<

and if i should find it,,, i didn't find that kind of option and witch exe...... :wtf:

and if we cant make this working i can download securom launcher crack .. :bashhead:

Edited by Warren

why i should check it because im already the admin of me PC .. second i don't have vista i have XP >.<

and if i should find it,,, i didn't find that kind of option and witch exe...... :wtf:

and if we cant make this working i can download securom launcher crack .. :bashhead:

Cracking things won't do anything good from a legal standpoint. However, if the launcher is keeping you from playing it, and you really own the game, then you might give it a try. But remember that because it isn't supported, you might be unable to play on Multiplayer mode.

Cracking things won't do anything good from a legal standpoint. However, if the launcher is keeping you from playing it, and you really own the game, then you might give it a try. But remember that because it isn't supported, you might be unable to play on Multiplayer mode.

i buyed the game from market not from steam :whistle:

i hope u guys have more ideas ....... please just tell what to do .. and let's see if it works :innocent: