Shadows, Discolor & Lag

Heavy Metal

Hi.

I recently re-installed San Andreas so I could get back into playing online. However, I am experiancing a problem which I don't think I have ever had before. I am getting shadows on my characters and the sky.

j7drp4.jpg

nd0ev4.jpg

I am also experiancing discolor. When I am in a car or my car is smoking, I notice the smoke coming from the hood and exhaust has a mixture of grey, green and purple. I never had the discolor before. I have not gotten a new graphics card, I still have the same one I've always had. GeForce 8600 GT. My graphics card has been updated, could that be the problem?

Another problem I am experiancing is lag when I have low ping. It will only lag when it rains or I am in a certain area. I'm not very smart with computers, so I hope this is easy to understand.

I only knew that problem with the ATi cards but did you try to upgrade to the 185.20 drivers (the new ones specified for GTAIV)? If you have them, try rolling back to the normal stable version. (175.15 or whatever). If it doesn't get solved, could you tell me your system specs (processor, etc)?

@ Low Ping problems: That depends of your internet speed and PC performance.

• 3 months later...

The discoloring may just be a problem with the GTA SA settings. Goto options, Display Settings, Advanced Settings. Check the screen resolution, if the number at the end says 16 (example: 800x600x16). Then highlight it and press the left or right arrow keys until you get to your screen size with 32 at the end (example: 800x600x32).

The number at the end is the color. 16 Bit color should only be used with smaller graphic cards and can look screwed up if you didn't mean to set it.