Has TGTAP lost activity ?

azn

Things should be picking up when the gang scene is, for lack of a better word, rebooted. Then again, that's what we said about GTAIV being ported to the PC. Didn't really happen.

No disrespect, but can we stop with the "I've noticed that the forums have lost activity" topics? This may seem hypocritical coming from someone whose second topic was one of these, but dammit, I was kinda of a newbie back then. That's my excuse.

Edited by L-RiC

It's been varying quite a bit lately for some reason. I would imagine it'll be a little less active in the day time now since many members are now back to school/work so that would explain it. Traffic to the site as a whole has gone up quite a lot though so we'll probably make an effort to promote the forums more soon.

Things should be picking up when the gang scene is, for lack of a better word, rebooted. Then again, that's what we said about GTAIV being ported to the PC. Didn't really happen.

No disrespect, but can we stop with the "I've noticed that the forums have lost activity" topics? This may seem hypocritical coming from someone whose second topic was one of these, but dammit, I was kinda of a newbie back then. That's my excuse.

Sorry? I didn't know previous topics had been made? Let this be a discussion?

I'm currently on school holidays so it's probably just me with more time then usual.

Sorry, it was just the last two topics that were similar to this kinda annoyed me. And yes, it's very hypocritical of me to have this viewpoint, but I'm not proud of 90% of the topics I've made in the past. (Warzone battles excluded, of course. :P)

EDIT: That'd be a good way to stir up some activity. Bring back the Warzone and wait for n00bs to cultivate, and that's when we drag them out and start to humiliate. Them. Painful rhyme, I know.

Edited by L-RiC

I think the members who joined quite early are beginning to become inactive. There are only a few members left who are on almost everyday that joined in 2006, I could name a few who are still active (TM, L-RiC, rockstarrem) but there isn't loads. Whereas members who joined late '07 and most of '08 literally dominate the forums. That's at least what I've seen so far.

I can say that I will be inactive - more than likely - over the coming months with school and exams coming up in February and May.

Edited by Thomas.

I think the members who joined quite early are beginning to become inactive. There are only a few members left who are on almost everyday that joined in 2006, I could name a few who are still active (TM, L-RiC, rockstarrem) but there isn't loads. Whereas members who joined late '07 and most of '08 literally dominate the forums. That's at least what I've seen so far.

That's not a recent change, that's always happened. You can't expect everyone to stay here for 5 years.

But it's not universal. Out of the first 20 members to join up (back in 04), we have 3 admins, 1 supermod and 9 (mostly inactive) elites.

It's a shame cos more often than not we lose the decent members and are left with noobs and spammers, which sucks. I suppose the gang system should help though.

X2...

What happend to Jason290 or Arisharii (sp?), I remember he was a well respected moderator around here, but now he is nowhere to be seen. Ditto Dave. Slayer hasn't been around in a while either. Bryzed, Zimoo, MVI all respected members have also disappeared. Akuma, Slavik have both disappeared as well. Virtually the whole KFM have gone...

X2...

What happend to Jason290 or Arisharii (sp?), I remember he was a well respected moderator around here, but now he is nowhere to be seen. Ditto Dave. Slayer hasn't been around in a while either. Bryzed, Zimoo, MVI all respected members have also disappeared. Akuma, Slavik have both disappeared as well. Virtually the whole KFM have gone...

Zimoo just said that he got bored with gta but a lot of good members have left the forums only to be replaced by spammers

I can't forget to mention my old buddy mike_subuzi :P .

I actually think out of the orginal SFM, Unnamed Noodle (Formerly Arv) is the only one left!

Does Chrisman still come here, I swear I haven't seen him in a long time...

He gave me 100k before he left the last time. I had to post pictures of male genitalia though :P

I wonder where zimoo is..I want all of this money >.<

This is the least active forum ive ever been to

seriously

you make a thread and it ether has 1 post a month or no one posts in it

It's always been a tight community, medium-ish small. If you don't like it here, get out. I don't care. And that's a pretty bad way to generalize everything, considering there's hundreds of posts in topics if you look around.

This is the least active forum ive ever been to

seriously

you make a thread and it ether has 1 post a month or no one posts in it

To be honest, it doesn't matter how active a forum is, it's how good in quality it is. I bet you also go on GTAForums? Compared to GTAForums, The GTA Place has much more features and with the new IPB coming out, I think The GTA Place is going to be far ahead of the "competition" which may also result with getting much more active. Like others have said, if you don't like it then leave.

I'm sure the forums are bound to get active again after the gang system revamp and other factors like the awards and GTA Chinatown Wars.

tbh, I like how active TGTAP is compared to GTAForums, I've stayed there for like only two days and I concentrated again on TGTAP, I didn't like GTAForums because it is "too active" like when I post and I returned to index, there will be a new post again and my most recent post would later be lost and then forgotten... :(

and like Scott, i missed lots of old members here like Dave (former Crimson), mike_subuzi, Westside_Crips_Hijack, Barfy and lots of other original SFM members... also Raymond (lawl)