Niko`s bad driving

LeoG

I think you've all misunderstood what he's trying to say.

He means that sometimes when you're in first gear, the car will hit the rev limiter for a couple of seconds before niko changes gear. Sometimes he can also be between gears for a while, but this could be down to a manual gearbox. The player may be controlling the car, but there is no option to shift gears manually, so that is done by Niko.

Personally I don't think it matters. It will hit the rev limiter when the car has wheelspin, as it would in real life, but it doesn't really slow you down.

Actually, spinning your wheels gives you a huge disadvantage in a race. You DON'T want to spin your wheels.

I do not think it is too bad. It is more realistic, but it is a pain not being able to turn a corner with the handbrake :P. However, I prefer the new driving system.

Why does everyone keep saying you can't turn a corner with the ebrake? Apparently you just haven't gotten enough practice doing it? I can almost do it just fine. And I don't even own the game.

I can do it, but its much easier on the previous games. On IV it is harder to turn a corner. It doesn't matter what anyone says, it is a fact, it is harder to drive in IV then it is on any other GTA.

That just makes it more satisfying when you can drive better than any stunt driver alive, if only for a few moments.

Edited by L-RiC

Start w/ a decent car like a Comet (still one of the best cars in the series) & work from there. Before long you'll

be back to your San Andreas antics. The Rebla (common in Hove Beach) is also surprisingly decent to drive.

The sultan is pretty easy to handle. It's quite quick and you can catch the back end easily if it starts to drift. I think it's one of the best cars in the game. I don't like the comet because it looks like a porsche. I've never liked porsche. The engine's in the wrong place. ;)

• 1 month later...

At first driving in Grand Theft Auto: 4 was hell for me. I was snaking and skidding all over the place (On Xbox 360 btw). You just have to take it slower and not "Smash down the accelerate" unless you want to fly out the windshield. All cars/bikes handle differently as well.. Thus making the realism more phenomenal. Still; to this day I am still used to the Comic humor from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. That's probably the reason why I didn't adapt to the Physics in GTAIV... Now after getting through the storymode (Now I'm doing it over), I just drive nice and easy. Also taking the time to drive around the city and enjoying the visuals can enhance your overall driving skills by alot! Practice makes perfect though!

-J.N

I'm a GTA S.A. addicted, I played 4 years S.A. and sometimes I was imaging that I play gta4 not gta s.a....after those years i knew that will not work on my laptop, so when gta4 appeared i bought gta+ps3 at the same time, before that i didn't had a ps3, or even a controller, only a psp lol, when i started gta4 not even knowing the controls, i had some problems, but after taking Roman home, watching the tut and making the next 3 missions I get rid of the driving problems, now I don't have problems( btw at nfs i suck :)) ) I think gta 4 can cover well nfs pack, and even beat nfs, talking 'bout only driving part, of course gta 4 f* nfs lol