Worst way you've failed a mission

sargenz82

Oh Man! is probably what goes through your head when you fail a mission right? It isnt often that it happens and yet we all do it sooner or later.

For me it was when i had to steal a truck off the triads for i think it was Ray, I took out the 3 closest vehicles from behind the wall with my RPG, took out the enemies with the Assault Rifle, and proceeded closer. I saw a guy behind a concrete pillar firing blindly and i thought "Ill get you" so i took out my RPG, fired.. and the friggen thing went "Haywire" (like they do at a distance) and went Smack right into the truck and blew it up. To top that off, i had a 2 star wanted level from a cop so i was gunned down before i even realised i was wanted.

Bit of a nice way to fail it. Ive done worse to.. Being a smart ass thinking i would use my RPG when i had to assasinate either derrick or his brother.,. Lets say i was to close to the rail and it didnt clear it. Blew me sky high... worse thing is i landed on top of a helicopter doing patrolls.. Anyone for Mince Meat? lol

Anyway thats me. What about you? Care to share?

I've had two near misses by being careless on a couple missions. In Meltdown, I had to chase Luca and his buds then when I went to the park, I had no idea one of his buds were taking cover behind a pole and he shot up my armor. Still had more than enough health to finish the mission though. The other was in Late Checkout where you had to go up to the rooftop to shoot the three guys. I charged up there which was a bad mistake and my remaining armor and half my health was gone. When trying to escape, I thought no more goons had respawned so then I got shot up again and all of a sudden I'm down to my last shot and I'm dead. Good thing you didn't need to lose the wanted level in order to pass the mission.

Really the dumbest way I've failed a mission is from Museum Piece where I shot Isaac thinking he was hiding and was an enemy.

Really the dumbest way I've failed a mission is from Museum Piece where I shot Isaac thinking he was hiding and was an enemy.

Haha, same :P

Also, one of them was when I had to

kidnap Gracie. I hit something and they both got thrown out of the car (I didn't even see the thing, it's like the game didn't load it.) and Mission Failed.

In the exact same mission I hated when Gracie tried to fuck my car up and I loved when Niko punched her.

:hurrhurr:

• 2 weeks later...

Lol me too :D

Once i was doing

the bank robbery mission. i had a heli from the last mission in front of packies house. so i start the mission with packie and pals getting in with everything normal, until i hit a bridge wire and my rotors break. i bail and so does packie and others. everybody survives, but we have to swim to the shore

:bashhead:

finally we get to the bank and everything is normal, but i start playing with grenades with a cop car and derrick is soon caught on fire :D He runs like hell straight to the other cops around the corner and gets killed.:D i get mad and kill packie and try to get away, but soon get shot by a n.o.o.s.e guy. :D

kidnap Gracie. I hit something and they both got thrown out of the car (I didn't even see the thing, it's like the game didn't load it.) and Mission Failed.

In the exact same mission I hated when Gracie tried to fuck my car up and I loved when Niko punched her.

Yeah, I did that mission yesterday. I was going up on that expressway in Alderney when I hit that dividor in the middle of the road and the Feltzer flipped over and I was like WTF? and failed the mission.

Today, I did Pest Control and waited for

Ray and his men to stop at the gas station so I can blow all of them up with a rocket launcher

but I kinda attacked too fast and blew up the first car but never hit the second car and they all drove by on me and wasted all my armor and health. First time I got wasted on a mission on a dumb mistake.

LOL mine is quite similar.

I was doing the same mission and a bit after I got onto the bridge to bring Gracie to the other island she started being a little bitch and trying to turn the car. What ended up happening when she did was my car went up the curb thing beside the bridge and somehow ended up flipping over ending the mission. I wasn't really mad cause it's an easy mission and I got to punch her in the face for revenge but it was a funny way to fail.

The Final mission 'Out of Commission" its called right? Anyway:

So I kill all the bad guys, and chase Jimmy P, and get on the bike, but then when I get to the part where I'm supposed to jump off the ramp towards the heli, what do I do? I hit that stupid Orange/white striped thingy the ones that also stand on the bridges and road works, and of course I land horribly and fall to the ground, lose the heli and Jimmy P's boat.

The reason this is such a big fail is that I needed like 5-6 tries to finally beat the mission because I ALWAYS failed at that same part, always hitting the little orange thing...

• 4 weeks later...

The worst way I've failed a mission was on 'Late Checkout' (For Ray)... I still can't seem to beat it (I've already done so, but I restarted my story mode). I was just gunning away, got to the end where I need to 'Escape the Hotel' or whatever it is... So I cook a grenade for a while, then throw it at the rest of the enemies... At that exact moment, a whole new set of heavily armed enemies come into the lobby and I threw the Grenade... I was just gunning away then... BOOM! I get nudged to the floor and all my armor + 60% of my full HP bar is gone... Then to make it worst I landed in the middle of the firefight...

Niko taking his time getting up + Armed gunman just unloading the clips on the remaining 40% of your health bar... So yea... Instant Mission Failed... Sucks that I gave up entirely on that mission after that. I might go for it again before the night is over with...

-J.N

The Final mission 'Out of Commission" its called right? Anyway:

So I kill all the bad guys, and chase Jimmy P, and get on the bike, but then when I get to the part where I'm supposed to jump off the ramp towards the heli, what do I do? I hit that stupid Orange/white striped thingy the ones that also stand on the bridges and road works, and of course I land horribly and fall to the ground, lose the heli and Jimmy P's boat.

The reason this is such a big fail is that I needed like 5-6 tries to finally beat the mission because I ALWAYS failed at that same part, always hitting the little orange thing...

Never noticed this post until now and I failed the mission the same way. I hit that barrel in the road but still had an opportunity to get on the ramp, but I actually hit the side of it and went into the water. The mission is long and it makes it longer because of my laggy computer.

On the very last mission, while driving down the highway, my Cognoscenti was smoking black smoke (about dead) and then Pegorino's guys smashed into me, pushed me off the bridge (At the spot where there was a hole in the wall made for jumping) and I drove through the hole in the guard rail, fell 400ft, smashed front first on the ground, and my car exploded.

the bank robbing mission with packie, i think its called four leaf clover

i shot packie accidently

I threw a grenade out the front doors, and it didn't go far enough. It landed on the sidewalk and Packie went out the door and got blown up and then went flying backwards back inside the doors. But he didn't die...That must of been a powerfull bullet you had. :hurrhurr:

the bank robbing mission with packie, i think its called four leaf clover

i shot packie accidently

I threw a grenade out the front doors, and it didn't go far enough. It landed on the sidewalk and Packie went out the door and got blown up and then went flying backwards back inside the doors. But he didn't die...That must of been a powerfull bullet you had. :hurrhurr:

i had a pump shotgun and he dies with 2 shots from it

Lol in the first mission of TLAD I drove with my gang to the place, dropped my bike, finished the mission objective and then when it was time to ride back and I tried getting my bike it said it was trashed even though it was just on the floor. This made me fail for some reason. Glad those mid-mission check points are there.

• 2 weeks later...

I accidentally clicked the fire button when I had the grenade. It was cooked for a few seconds, and when I heard the beep, I dropped it and it exploded. Me and Roman were standing near each, but got caught in the explosion and both of us died. :P Haha.

First time newbie mistake when I started playing GTA IV. :)

Edited by TM™

• 2 weeks later...

Ah my biggest fail... you know that mission, when you drive to some guy's house, you get in and find his laptop, you hack in and read his emails to find out where he is?

Well, I decided to start over with game, but this time cheating free, since I already passed it once with cheats... I got to that mission, I drove all way to his house, I got in, I saw laptop, and then I tried to go on it...

And then I realized I had 1.0.2.0 version of a game, which makes me unable to go on computers... I had to reinstall a whole game all over again just to get on a freakin' laptop... lol...

just a little add... I dunno why its bugged when I patch on 1.0.2.0 its probably cause of a crack... :(

Edited by GeOrGe_DrIfTeR

Gangwars in TLAD.

So I'm on gangwar 35 or so (currently at 51, rewards keep coming every 10) & it's Mafia at large in Alderney. I

catch up to them near Honkers & the firefight's on. By now I've come to realize the new gang members are just

cannon fodder & not worth protecting, they just run into the middle of a hairball & die stupidly. I also figure out

the Mafia (& Jamaicans) mindlessly throw around grenades.

Okay, I find a nice safe spot to take caver behind a guardrail where I can't be outflanked & there's a choke point

enemies have to come through. Easy win. NOT!!!

One of my pet retards pulls his bike right up to a Mafia car & starts unloading his shotgun into the car trying to hit

the guy hiding behind it & blows up the car in the process. His bike (now on fire) is thrown into the air & lands, of

all places, ON ME.

So now I'm on fire (which in itself is no big because my armor was in good shape & took all the damage) & thanks

to R*'s stupid assed ragdoll physics I now have to go through something like 10 seconds of a stupid-assed "on fire"

animation. Take a wild guess what happened just as soon as the animation ended. That's right, BOOM!!! The bike

exploded right next to me.

See Urbanoutlaw.

See Urbanoutlaw fly.

Fly Urbanoutlaw, Fly!

Oh look, my corpse is on fire again. Gangwar lost = Mission failed. :pissedred:

in deconstruction for beginners, after i sniped the guards, i ran across the road without looking both ways and I got killed by a speeding taxi driver :pissedred: The same thing also happed after

the mission were you kill the lawyer

, i got out of a taxi after getting the files and escaping the cops, and sure enough i got run down infront of francis' police station

Yeah, you got killed by how cars spawn. Look in different directions & cars will spawn when you look back.

Another great way to get killed in a gangwar - I'm on foot just south of Alderney City & just west of Tudor Docks &

the Mafia want me, I get swarmed w/ 4 carloads (16 guys) & chased through a small pedestrian tunnel. There's 50

or so short steps between me & the nearest cover & grenades just aren't doing the job. Take a step. Take a step.

Take a step..... Meanwhile the gumbahs poor out of the tunnel & open up w/ AKs & SMGs.

The worst part was that I almost made it to cover, just a couple feet short. :pissedred:

• 2 months later...