Favorite Guitarists Thread

tilly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't judge guitar players by their skills anymore really, more their soul. Not saying the guitarists I'm posting don't have skill, just saying in general.

These aren't in any order.

Ray Toro (My Chemical Romance)

17828633.jpg

Frank Iero (My Chemical Romance)

frank_iero4.jpg

Tom Scholz (Boston)

rocket6tomscholz.l.jpg

Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)

Billie_Joe_Armstrong_at_mic_in_Cardiff.png

Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)

jimmy-pageHeart.jpg

Deron Miller (CKY)

20-CKY-DERON%20MILLER%2003.JPG

Mick Jones (Foreigner)

393px-Mick_Jones.jpg

Jimi Hendrix (The Jimi Hendrix Experience)

JimiHendrix2.jpg

Alright this is wearing me out :P gonna go eat etc. I have more though.

I don\'t know their names, but these two are pretty cool dudes

Dragonforce2.jpg

Sam Totman and Herman Li.

Really?

Wow.

They can\'t play live, can\'t play slow, and have no soul/feel at all.

I guess that doesn\'t matter, apparently. Unless you only like them because their cool, which is true.

EDIT: Making this a useful post,

Marco Sfogli

4.jpg

Alan Holdsworth

474179905_dea994196d.jpg

Steve Morse

sm2.jpg

Edited by tilly

Yeah, I only like them because they are two of the only people on this planet that can move their hands faster than I can.

Below Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Marco Sfogli, Steve Morse, Alan Holdsworth, and about 3,000 others right?

They cannot move their hands near as fast as these people.

Yeah, I only like them because they are two of the only people on this planet that can move their hands faster than I can.

Below Yngwie Malmsteen, John Petrucci, Marco Sfogli, Steve Morse, Alan Holdsworth, and about 3,000 others right?

Wow dude, way to take it so serious.

Wow dude, way to take it so serious.

Why so serious?

I thought you were actually being serious. Sorry.

EDIT: More usefulness

Daryl Stuermer (Genesis)

daryl_interview_2007_image.jpg

Edited by tilly

Marco Tapani Hietala

2313525102_e45b934527.jpg

Emppu Vuorinen

800px-Emppu-Vuorinen-guitar1.jpg

I'm sick so that is all I can really think of at the moment.

By the way ... anyone who doesn't like Dragonforce's guitarists are just jealous of their mad skillz. I would let them play with my genitals any day.

Check out some of Hendrix's stuff, it can be slow and all but it's much better than those Dragonforce fags that are all about insanely fast playing and using a shitload of effects.....

I love how serious people take this shit. First off, Hendrix and Dragonforce are entirely different sounds all together. Why would you suggest Hendrix instead of Dragonforce? Just because you don't like the whole fast-playing thing? I enjoy listening to it, what does that matter to you?

Second off.... You guys take shit so serious. Music isn't suppose to be serious, it's suppose to be fun. And you entirely disregarded the joke in her post.

It's not because it's fast, it's because they have no "soul", the only thing they have is fast playing and a lot of effects....

And btw it doesn't matter to me, I wasn't even talking to you. I have no problem about people liking Dragonforce, I'm just expressing my opinion, you can keep on listening whatever you like...

Edited by Ivan

I'd have to either say Brian "Head" Welch, a former member of KoRn, or James "Munky" Shaffer who is currently with KoRn.

They are SO the same person.....

Uhh, are you serious? :blink:

I guess they do look a tad bit similar in those pictures, but they're not the same person...cause I don't think one person could be in two places at once...or can they?!?!?!? :wacko:

They both play similar, but they some what have their own styles now.

It's not because it's fast, it's because they have no "soul", the only thing they have is fast playing and a lot of effects....

And btw it doesn't matter to me, I wasn't even talking to you. I have no problem about people liking Dragonforce, I'm just expressing my opinion, you can keep on listening whatever you like...

Dragonforce still has a lot of soul.