Favorite Guitarists Thread

tilly

It's not because it's fast, it's because they have no "soul", the only thing they have is fast playing and a lot of effects....

And btw it doesn't matter to me, I wasn't even talking to you. I have no problem about people liking Dragonforce, I'm just expressing my opinion, you can keep on listening whatever you like...

A. Back to my other point, it's about having fun. If they are having fun, and their fans are having fun, who cares if they lost their souls to lucifer 20 years ago?

B. I love how Dragonforce is question, but fucking MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE isn't?

C. I addressed you because I brought up Dragonforce.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out some of Hendrix's stuff, it can be slow and all but it's much better than those Dragonforce fags that are all about insanely fast playing and using a shitload of effects.....

Loads of effects can be good, used in a good way, not by people who wank the shit out of their guitars while singing 9th grade girl lyrics= Dragonforce.

I love how serious people take this shit. First off, Hendrix and Dragonforce are entirely different sounds all together. Why would you suggest Hendrix instead of Dragonforce? Just because you don't like the whole fast-playing thing? I enjoy listening to it, what does that matter to you?

Second off.... You guys take shit so serious. Music isn't suppose to be serious, it's suppose to be fun. And you entirely disregarded the joke in her post.

True, music is made to be enjoyed. Not for people to fight online about it.

I forgot to do some bass players:

Nick Oliveri, which is imo, a best stage nude than those fake RHCP cunts (Stadium Arcadium was fucking horrible, older stuff was good though)

nickoliveri.jpg

Les Claypool, who is my fave bass player:

pf-010727-les.jpg

I can't remember Snow well, but it was quite slow although the riffs were fast.

Anyway...

1. Flea was going nude on stage many years before Nick Oliveri

2. Flea is far better than him anyway

True, but I prefer Nick's punk atitude. And Nick's music, may not be funky as hell, and may be all about getting high and wife beating, and pcoming in girls mouths in highschool dances but I prefer his shit.

I never fucking said Nick was the most awesome bass player ever, there's obviously far better. But Nick is mostly influenced by punk, hardcore one, so it's probably his choice not to wank the shit out of his bass.

And yes, Snow is an over played Radio tune.

By the way ... anyone who doesn't like Dragonforce's guitarists are just jealous of their mad skillz. I would let them play with my genitals any day.

Sure, let them play with your genitals, but you will get bored of the constant sweeping and speed picking in minutes. They would also probably break your genitals, based on seeing them live in real life and in many videos.

I like the music, don't like the guitarists. I respect their songs, not their ability. If you actually think they are skilled or talented in music only because they can play fast than music means nothing to you. They might as well be jacking off to 300 bpm.

Dragonforce still has a lot of soul.

I loled.

Edited by tilly

By the way ... anyone who doesn't like Dragonforce's guitarists are just jealous of their mad skillz. I would let them play with my genitals any day.

Sure, let them play with your genitals, but you will get bored of the constant sweeping and speed picking in minutes. They would also probably break your genitals, based on seeing them live in real life and in many videos.

I like the music, don't like the guitarists. I respect their songs, not their ability. If you actually think they are skilled or talented in music only because they can play fast than music means nothing to you. They might as well be jacking off to 300 bpm.

I loled.

I lol'd at your whole post. Nice sarcasm radar.... > . <

I loled.

I lol at your first post being of something completely unrelated to a guitarist.

I loled.

Break my genitals? I highly doubt that ... the toung chainsaw on the other hand might. Anyways, yes Dragonforce still does have soul. They are putting emotion and energy into what they play and that would be soul. I don't think they are only talented because they play fast, but because they play fast and play well. This is coming from someone who has a pretty full understanding of music and everything it encompasses. I have been seriously playing instruments and making music since I was in elementary school (where I grew up it was k-4th). The fact that they play fast does little to impress me, yes it is worth some notes but overall it is the sound they produce. Yes there are a lot of effects but they make them work well with the music.

Break my genitals? I highly doubt that ... the toung chainsaw on the other hand might. Anyways, yes Dragonforce still does have soul. They are putting emotion and energy into what they play and that would be soul. I don't think they are only talented because they play fast, but because they play fast and play well. This is coming from someone who has a pretty full understanding of music and everything it encompasses. I have been seriously playing instruments and making music since I was in elementary school (where I grew up it was k-4th). The fact that they play fast does little to impress me, yes it is worth some notes but overall it is the sound they produce. Yes there are a lot of effects but they make them work well with the music.

Tell me one song by them that has ANY soul. This playing may mistakenly occur to you as a display of soul if what you used to listen to would be maybe +44 or Smashmouth, who both actually have more soul than Dragonforce. If you like them because of their speed, that's one thing (discounting the fact that they are terrible live, and don't say because they can do a few sweeps a bit clean that they are good,) but don't even try to say that they have soul.

If you want to see soul, listen to a few of the guitarists I posted, they all have insane amounts of it.

Italics:So you call major/minor scales with a tapped bridge that resonate on the 5th in a 1-4-5 progression is soul and energy? You need to listen to Rush.

Bold: So you're saying that you don't like them because they are fast, but that they are fast and mechanically skilled? I always thought that was included in fast.

Ultimately, even though speed is a powerful thing in music and is great fun to listen to in moderation, guitar is not the Olympics (except for some of the judged events that don't have to do with speed.)

Hehehehe... Toungue chainsaw....

Yeah, we found it funny, too.

Who brought them up? I thought I was the only one that said my favorite guitarists are from that band.

You, I guess? I'm just saying.... MCR doesn't have "soul". Emos can't have soul to my knowledge.

Tell me one song by them that has ANY soul. This playing may mistakenly occur to you as a display of soul if what you used to listen to would be maybe +44 or Smashmouth, who both actually have more soul than Dragonforce. If you like them because of their speed, that's one thing (discounting the fact that they are terrible live, and don't say because they can do a few sweeps a bit clean that they are good,) but don't even try to say that they have soul.

If you want to see soul, listen to a few of the guitarists I posted, they all have insane amounts of it.

Italics:So you call major/minor scales with a tapped bridge that resonate on the 5th in a 1-4-5 progression is soul and energy? You need to listen to Rush.

Bold: So you're saying that you don't like them because they are fast, but that they are fast and mechanically skilled? I always thought that was included in fast.

Ultimately, even though speed is a powerful thing in music and is great fun to listen to in moderation, guitar is not the Olympics (except for some of the judged events that don't have to do with speed.)

Hehehehe... Toungue chainsaw....

Wow..... You get SO SERIOUS about this. No, the guitar isn't an olympic competition. The guitar... Is fun.... That's what it is. It's music. It's to make you feel good, or feel something, at least. What it truly isn't, is a fucking elitist war over who has more "soul".

Who brought them up? I thought I was the only one that said my favorite guitarists are from that band.

You, I guess? I'm just saying.... MCR doesn't have "soul". Emos can't have soul to my knowledge.

They don't consider themselves 'emo', I don't want to hear shit about people here saying "it doesn't matter, they're emo" or whatever, it's their fans that make them seem emo. I hate hearing about this stupid shit about My Chemical Romance saving peoples lives and all that... go to http://mychemicalromance.com and just read one blog post and tell me if you think that one of them seems emo at all. Read the comments on the side responding to members as well.

I'll admit they seem like faggots and look like emo's at first, but if you look into it, which you won't since I know you well enough to know that :P, you'd find that they're just a rock band. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia, the lead singer says "emo is a pile of shit" or something.

My Chemical Romance's music has been described by the media as "pop punk"[2] and "emo",[2][27][28][29][30][31] The band themselves described their music as simply "rock" or "violent, dangerous pop" on their official website,[32] as well as rejecting the term "emo" [33] to describe their style. Although a source quotes frontman Gerard Way stating that they are "What-else-ya-got-emo",[5] Way has recently stated in an interview that they were never emo, as he says emo is "a pile of shit." [34]

Spaz, don't turn this into a flame war against me or anything, there's no need.

Wow..... You get SO SERIOUS about this. No, the guitar isn't an olympic competition. The guitar... Is fun.... That's what it is. It's music. It's to make you feel good, or feel something, at least. What it truly isn't, is a fucking elitist war over who has more "soul".

I guess I am just very serious about music. No it is not a war, I just don't want somebody to miss out on real musical soul. If they think Dragonforce has soul, they deserve some enlightening.

Funny you mention elitist, since I haven't actually mentioned myself or my favorites in an argument, but only as a referral.

So just because they play fast, you think they have no soul. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. No they don't have the most soul, but they do have more than some other guitarist that were posted, so why is no one getting their panties in a twist over them?

Maybe if you actually read my post you would rethink this. If you don't have the patience or ability I'll restate in similar terms: Speed is a very powerful thing if used in moderation, but soul, technicality, tone, and compositional talent are all big pluses for me personally.

I don't hate Dragonforce, I like their music, as I have stated before, but speed and being cool just isn't enough.

I guess I am just very serious about music. No it is not a war, I just don't want somebody to miss out on real musical soul. If they think Dragonforce has soul, they deserve some enlightening.

Funny you mention elitist, since I haven't actually mentioned myself or my favorites in an argument, but only as a referral.

So just because they play fast, you think they have no soul. Pretty ignorant if you ask me. No they don't have the most soul, but they do have more than some other guitarist that were posted, so why is no one getting their panties in a twist over them?

Maybe if you actually read my post you would rethink this. If you don't have the patience or ability I'll restate in similar terms: Speed is a very powerful thing if used in moderation, but soul, technicality, tone, and compositional talent are all big pluses for me personally.

I don't hate Dragonforce, I like their music, as I have stated before, but speed and being cool just isn't enough.

Maybe if you had the time and patience, or ability to read what I have to say your response to my post would have answered my issue at hand. Dragonforce plays fast, because that's how they like to play. They still do have soul, with all the effort and feeling they put behind their music. They also have a good tone and a lot of talent. However, that is all completely beyond the point of my last post. I know you are calming not to have a personal vendetta against their music but that is very hard to believe since they are the only guitarist you have ragged on this entire time. Really you can't think that the guitarist for MCR has more soul?

Really you can't think that the guitarist for MCR has more soul?

Lol I really don't understand why you guys are dragging MCR and myself into this Dragonforce vendetta. Dragonforce has soul, I'm not saying they don't - I never did, in fact I was never part of this argument... not sure why you guys mentioned them. It's just a matter of opinion.