Favorite Guitarists Thread

tilly

But people usually get into the mainstream market from having an ability to make good music from a skill.

I completely disagree with you.

I don't know even how to start to express how incorrect you are.

Roughly 90% (my guess) of mainstream is of untalented, unskilled, sex symbols with no compositional ability. The only reason why they are famous is because they have good record labels which can pay for good composers, lyricists, producers, and publicists, which are the only skilled people involved in my opinion.

EDIT:

Johan Reinholdz

551573653_37e8bfd4aa.jpg

Kiko Loreiro and Rafael Bittencourt (Double picture!)

KikoRafael.jpg

Edited by tilly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jimmy Hendrix was another great guitarist. It pisses me off every time they say he died from a drug overdose. The truth is the paramedics arrived and strapped him face up on the stretcher. He vomited in the back of the ambulance and choked to death on his own vomit. The paramedics killed him but they saved the hospital from embarrassment by saying drug overdose. If you ever have a friend who is stoned or drunk fall asleep make sure they are face down you could save their life.

RIP Jimmy

Jimmy Hendrix was another great guitarist. It pisses me off every time they say he died from a drug overdose. The truth is the paramedics arrived and strapped him face up on the stretcher. He vomited in the back of the ambulance and choked to death on his own vomit. The paramedics killed him but they saved the hospital from embarrassment by saying drug overdose. If you ever have a friend who is stoned or drunk fall asleep make sure they are face down you could save their life.

RIP Jimmy

Wonderful, you're telling us to kill our addicted friends. On their side.

No.

If the person is lying on their side or back they can vomit in their state and not wake up. People lying on their side can and will roll onto their back. Always place the body face down and cock the head off to one side.

RIP Jimmy

Spell the guys name right first before you comment on his death.

How would you even know this anyway, just asking for some sources yano?

Either way, the paramedics did not kill him, he had a drug addiction and it's his own fault that he died and I'm saying this as a fan that has an unimaginable amount of respect for him, so don't take this like I'm dissing him or anything.

RIP Jimmy

Yeah, actually. At the very least, the face must be going sideways. Otherwise they very well could suffocate WITHOUT throwing up.

Either way, the paramedics did not kill him, he had a drug addiction and it's his own fault that he died and I'm saying this as a fan that has an unimaginable amount of respect for him, so don't take this like I'm dissing him or anything.

Oh excuse me since you must have such a wonderful spell checker it does uncommon names. However James Marshall Hendrix, died in London under circumstances which have never been fully explained. His girlfriend Monika Dannemann was the one who publicly claimed that Hendrix was alive when placed in the back of the ambulance. Police and ambulance statements said that there was no one but Hendrix in the flat, and not only was he dead when they arrived on the scene, but had been dead for some time. BBC TV program 24 Hours, stated that they believed Hendrix had committed suicide.

Dannemann said that Hendrix had taken a few of her sleeping pills and had drank some red wine before going to bed. Later after her death, her boyfriend, Uli Jon Roth, always said he suspected foul play. There are numerous people who have contrived "murder conspiracy" theories but the bottom line was Hendrix died not of drug overdose but an idiot who didn't know how to position a body.

Everything I told you above is a matter of what "sources" you prefer to believe and let's face it, you only ask for sources to be able to shoot the sources down. Go buy your own bullets.

Oh excuse me since you must have such a wonderful spell checker it does uncommon names. However James Marshall Hendrix, died in London under circumstances which have never been fully explained. His girlfriend Monika Dannemann was the one who publicly claimed that Hendrix was alive when placed in the back of the ambulance. Police and ambulance statements said that there was no one but Hendrix in the flat, and not only was he dead when they arrived on the scene, but had been dead for some time. BBC TV program 24 Hours, stated that they believed Hendrix had committed suicide.

Dannemann said that Hendrix had taken a few of her sleeping pills and had drank some red wine before going to bed. Later after her death, her boyfriend, Uli Jon Roth, always said he suspected foul play. There are numerous people who have contrived "murder conspiracy" theories but the bottom line was Hendrix died not of drug overdose but an idiot who didn't know how to position a body.

Everything I told you above is a matter of what "sources" you prefer to believe and let's face it, you only ask for sources to be able to shoot the sources down. Go buy your own bullets.

No, I just fancy knowing how to spell peoples names properly, expecially before I comment about their death, disrespectful, who ever it is..

Spaz kind of took care of the rest of what you said for me.

But yeah, there's so many stories, you don't know which one is true, and what's the point of dwelling on something that's happened over 30 years ago, you weren't even alive then, neither was I, nor were many people on here, so we're best just leaving it. This is a topic for discussing guitarists, not theories on how they died, etc..

Edited by Twisted

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I didn't say that he died of an overdose, I just said that he had a drug addiction, meaning his death was his own fault.

If he wasn't a druggie, he probably wouldn't of vomited. Don't go blaming shit on a paramedic..where's the proof that he was alive when the ambulance came?

Edited by Twisted

I guess my favorite would be Yngwie Malmsteen.

Yngwie's master:

People say Yngwie was the first to do neo-classical, Roth was doing it in the '60s.

Oh yeah, I forgot to say, I didn't say that he died of an overdose, I just said that he had a drug addiction, meaning his death was his own fault.

If he wasn't a druggie, he probably wouldn't of vomited. Don't go blaming shit on a paramedic..where's the proof that he was alive when the ambulance came?

The paramedic should be the one saving his life, not letting him die because of some dumb reason.

EDIT:

Uli Jon Roth (36 scalloped frets)

jeanluc014_31_uli_jon_roth_spof66_-_31oct05_173.JPG

Edited by tilly

The paramedic should be the one saving his life, not letting him die because of some dumb reason.

1. Where's the proof that he was alive when the ambulance came?

2. He was a drug addict, that's what took his life, not some paramedic forgetting to turn him on his side. There was a much bigger picture.

Edited by Twisted

1. Where's the proof that he was alive when the ambulance came?

2. He was a drug addict, that's what took his life, not some paramedic forgetting to turn him on his side. There was a much bigger picture.

Every story I've read of his death says that he was either alive until he got into the ambulance or that he died in the hospital.

And if that's true, diabetic people should be deprived of insulin because they are diabetic.

That makes sense.

That does not make sense, you can't help being diabetic, but you can help being a drug addict, they're two very different things.

I found this btw.

"Dannemann claimed in her original testimony that Hendrix the evening before, unknown to her, had taken nine of her prescribed Vesperax sleeping pills. According to the doctor who initially attended to him, Hendrix had asphyxiated (literally drowned) in his own vomit, mainly red wine. For years, Dannemann publicly claimed that Hendrix was alive when placed in the back of the ambulance. However, her comments about that morning were often contradictory, varying from interview to interview. Police and ambulance statements reveal that there was no one but Hendrix in the flat, and not only was he dead when they arrived on the scene, but had been dead for some time."

Edited by Twisted