Windows 7

Spaz The Great

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current betas of Windows 7 actually have the SAME system requirements than Vista. Add that to working faster, and it's all good.

Requirement Vista Premium Windows 7
CPU 1GHz 1GHz
RAM 1GB 1GB
GPU 128MB 128MB

And of course both need DirectX 9 cards and 16gb of HD space available.

Funny, I have it installed on a 16GB drive, and have about 5 GBs free.

But fuck, anyone have any idea how to get an out-dated wireless card working on W7?

The current betas of Windows 7 actually have the SAME system requirements than Vista. Add that to working faster, and it's all good.

Requirement Vista Premium Windows 7
CPU 1GHz 1GHz
RAM 1GB 1GB
GPU 128MB 128MB

And of course both need DirectX 9 cards and 16gb of HD space available.

Funny, I have it installed on a 16GB drive, and have about 5 GBs free.

But fuck, anyone have any idea how to get an out-dated wireless card working on W7?

Lol that's awesome. Where did you get such a small HDD from or is it just really old?

If the manufacturer hasn't provided drivers (Vista ones may be worth trying) then chances are the company is shit and don't deserve your business ever again, go for a cheap USB wireless adapter or something, I have to use one at the moment but it works perfectly, was only £10 or so.

Linksys doesn't even have Vista drivers for this old card. We have a USB card((Linksys again)), but I think that shit out on us when I blew the fuse in my bedroom >.>

The old drive came out of Chestnut's PC, because we put a new hard drive in there and reinstalled Windows((she had a 40gb and a 16 gb HDD, she's had this system since the late 90's)).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Microsoft officially confirmed today that Windows 7 will be released by December. Source

Good news, now we just have to wait for pricing. Relating to the RC1, I think I've fallen in love with it. It's just so simple and intuitive, compatibility isn't much of an issue, I can't download Shockwave but that's okay, for some reason.