The Epic Photoshop help thread.

MrLlamaLlama

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Hey guys!

I downloaded some new fonts from UrbanFonts and I don't know where to install them.

Please help me! I got some cool ones and I want to use 'em so badly in photoshop! :)

Copy them to your c:\windows\fonts folder, or if you're using Vista/7, right click them and then click on Install. (You may have to extract them from a ZIP file, if needed). Oh, and by the way, how's my tribute to the late Cory Aquino? My brother asked me to shoop a tribute tarp for hers, and here's what I did so far:

2hoy9vp.png

Any text enhancements or something? Oh, and here's a GIF I made:

2ce0wmd.gif

Thanks for the help guys!
1. Extract font to desktop/where if its in a rar format

2. Copy/Cut the file

3. Go to Control Panel > Fonts

4. Paste font

4. ??????

5. Profit.

Profit? am I supposed to pay you or something? :P

He meant take the advantage of the fonts you just installed. Btw, just letting you know, the fonts you install in Control Panel, can be used even in other applications; Eg, Paint, Sony Vegas, etc.

Oh That's awesome..Did you use a tablet for that or just the mouse? Been going through some tutorials for digi-painting, I have one WIP which I sorto abandoned will post a screen of it when I find my pen drive.

No Wacom was involved. I did a polygonial lasso of all the necessary regions, and then flood filled them using various blending options, making sure that each colour is on a separate layer. I then slapped a GTASA background on it.

Still needs some GTASA-style shading, though, as I find him a little flat-coloured.

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

Should try using the pen tool, you can adjust it to what ever shape you want and save the paths too. The polygon lasso is a pretty cool tool too but it the edges(curves?) are a bit sharp. Lke the SA background btw, good stuff.

digitalpainting.png

Here's one of my Digi.. Haven't worked on it ever since I clicked that screen, Was my first painting from scratch took me about 6 hours to get that much done.

Not sure if I've already posted this here.. So yeah.

Edited by EvoLuTioN

Should try using the pen tool, you can adjust it to what ever shape you want and save the paths too. The polygon lasso is a pretty cool tool too but it the edges(curves?) are a bit sharp. Lke the SA background btw, good stuff.

I suck at the pen, but yeah. As for your work, it is quite ace, although it'll be a chore if you decide to finish it.

Hey all, thanks for the constant support / help with this thread. I'm in the process of making it a bit more user - friendly, should be finished somethome tonight, but sadly tables stiff baffle me, and I've forgotten how to reference lines in HTML to make shortcuts.

So yeah, any help with either that (Chris?) and any further links to good sites would be hugely appreciated, maybe even some rep points on offer for the biggest contributors (no spam though ;) ) and I hope to have this all prettied up but tonight complete lie, call it thursday, complete with links in my sig / other random stuff.

Peace, Llama.

Hey, can anyone help me in shooping this (excuse for the large file size, I need to make the pic as high-def as possible)?

DSC_1600.jpg

My brother wants to have me add flowers to the brown soily patches at the sides of the chapel. I can do it if I have the patience, but I'm worrying that I might muck things up, as my brother insists on a high-quality corporate shoop.

Hey warrior, you should look into using gradient masks to make layers fade into each other. I'll just link you to an online tut for now, I'm pretty busy.

Clicky.

Hope you get on with this warrior, if you get stuck at all, I'll write one up myself.

Also, holy fucking awesome siggy evo, i'd like to know how you did that if you have the time to point us to / write a small tut, bloody good job!

Why Thank you, Love your new sig too.

This sig has been made in After effects and Photoshop, Mostly after effect. Used a camera for the 3D/Distance effect and Particular plugin for the smokey/Fogginess. Rendered it as a .mov imported to Ps as frames, did a bit of color correction, size optimization and added a nice little border. I'll do a more detailed write up if you are still interested.