Gameplay

silver163

Hello,

Is there a way to backup the saved games? I need to format my pc but I don't want to lose the saved games. I used the offline version.

Are you using Vista or XP?

If you're using vista, you need to set explorer to show hidden files and folders, then go to the following location and backup the 'savegames' folder:

C:\Users\<your name>\AppData\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\

You know, you should try using the Search function, there's a reason it's there. There has already been topics like this.

Just look:

Just read over both of them. They both tell alot about where you can find the saved game. ;)

believe it or not i have used search and actually found those two tutorials, unfortunately they don't work. whoever wrote them didn't really give much thought and just wrote that they thought was the answer.

you see C:\User\ as one tutorial pointed out where the word "user" is your username doesn't exist.

the other tutorial you pointed out also doesn't work where the user even says it doesn't work.

You know, you should try using the Search function, there's a reason it's there. There has already been topics like this.

Just look:

Just read over both of them. They both tell alot about where you can find the saved game. ;)

believe it or not i have used search and actually found those two tutorials, unfortunately they don't work. whoever wrote them didn't really give much thought and just wrote that they thought was the answer.

you see C:\User\ as one tutorial pointed out where the word "user" is your username doesn't exist.

the other tutorial you pointed out also doesn't work where the user even says it doesn't work.

In XP, as it says in one of the threads, it is C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Local\Rockstar Games\GTA IV\savegames. It is only C:\users in vista. I don't know whether it is the same in XP, but in vista you also have to set windows explorer to show hidden files and folders. It's in the options menu.