Chinatown Wars is waay big - says EDGE

JustADummy

The team that is working on the game is "twice the size" of the one that worked on Vice and Liberty City Stories and they've created something which has "more lines of code" than San Andreas. It's encouraging to see that such a great investment has been made by Rockstar in a game for a platform that is untested ground for them. Other details included:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

* The Satellite navigation system is "identical" to GTA IVs in appearance and functionality.

* Ammunation has gone online! You order weapons with your PDA and they show up at your safehouse.

* You can replay any mission by selecting it from a menu in the safehouse.

* Grenades and molotovs are thrown using the touch screen - you touch one and drag it, with an indicator on the top screen (where the action is) showing you where it's going to land.

* The A button is used to fire weapons.

* One minigame involves assembling all of the parts of a sniper rifle with the touch screen, before using it to assassinate a designated target.

* Another touch-sensitive mini-game will be paying bridge tolls - you push the coin into the slot to get through the barrier.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Most importantly though, the magazine mentions that the game is "already complete" and final bug testing is taking place.

[source]

It's that big, on a DS? Well, I'm surprised by that. Can't wait to see what peoples reaction's/opinions/rants are like. I love the idea of ordering weapons online and receiving it at your safehouse. Hopefully in future GTA's they could possibly use that feature? Saves time from getting it from the dealer/shop.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm wondering what makes the game bigger then San Andreas in the sense of code.

Are the mini-games so code-consuming or is it the city ( e.g. Peds, Cars,etc ) ?

Can't wait to play it though, I ride the train everday and Chinatown Wars will make the trip to my work a lot relaxter. :)

• 3 weeks later...