gta vice city sotories

hugh750

have you ever played it?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. have you ever played it?

• yes
    • no
    • no, I never heard of it

Hey bro, if you're specifically wanting to talk about Vice City Stories, you should probably post a topic in this section. Don't sweat it too much this time though, but in the future try to post in the right section. I see you're new here so welcome to The GTA Place. :)

Any yes, I've played VCS. Great game.

Well considering this was released in 2006 on a PSP, you wouldn't expect the graphics to be like Crysis or GTA IV, do you?

To be honest, LCS was better than VCS. Storyline was great in LCS, whereas the VCS storyline didn't hit me too well. The graphics were a great improvement on VCS, but the draw distance wasn't great, and it was pretty slow, especially on the PSP. I haven't tried it out on PS2 or PS3, but overall, I liked it, with the view of Vice City and all.

The PS2 release was just $20 US, never an expensive game. Agreed on the crappy graphics, R* could have at least

used the original PS2 VC graphics, the game looked terrible. It did make up for it in gameplay, storyline & characters.

Rene was epic funny, reminded me of one of my old neighbors (nice guy, just a little "different").

The PS2 version also had a little more sidework & what I call the "Super Mario" glitch, a spot by the airport where you

could jump on an exposed sewer pipe & get warped to the golf course, past the barriers.

For those curious, it (& LCS) should be dirt cheap, making it a good excuse to dust off the PS2. If you're hardcore

into GTA it's a "must have".

hugh750 - Take a minute & look around the site, read the rules. Welcome & enjoy.

L-RiC - Quit hatin'! :lol:

Well considering this was released in 2006 on a PSP, you wouldn't expect the graphics to be like Crysis or GTA IV, do you?

To be honest, LCS was better than VCS. Storyline was great in LCS, whereas the VCS storyline didn't hit me too well. The graphics were a great improvement on VCS, but the draw distance wasn't great, and it was pretty slow, especially on the PSP. I haven't tried it out on PS2 or PS3, but overall, I liked it, with the view of Vice City and all.

I agree, the storyline was indeed boring and could have been better but it was intended to be released only for PSP until it did well. I do enjoy the fact that some or most of the graphics in VCS were improved quite a lot, that includes car textures, explosions and the lighting (sun, street lamps etc.). The differences to the city was also cool too such as the little wooden bridge that linked Little Havana up with Fort Baxter. Overall it was a great game but it was boring.

I originally got VCS for PS2, and that's probably definitely the best version. It's obviously limited when compared to any of the made-for-PS2 games, the story is basic, the main character is dull and it looks graphically inferior, but my biggest gripe is with the controls - for PSP. I mean, I can't for the life of me get to grips with the PSPs analogue nubbin - I really wanna replace it with a PS2 nubbin instead, but me + DIY don't mix. I also don't think anyone would want to buy an original PSP from me anyway.

Edited by The Bossman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...