Sign in to follow this  
NSanityHD

Graphics Driver Issue

Hey everyone. I just re-installed my GTA San Andreas it is

not

cracked. :P I cannot play well because of the lag. I did have 64 MB of memory for my drivers then I changed it to 256.0 MB of memory still no help. It is a PCI Express (I think) and I cannot find a good graphics driver for it. I have had this really old driver for a long time now and I feel the issue is because of an out-dated shit driver that has gone way out-of-date with my NVIDIA drivers.

Can anyone provide me with a better driver to install for GTA San Andreas so I can play again. :)

Thanks. :)

Just install the latest nVidia drivers? O.o

And if the GFX Card is 64MB, how did you increase it to 256? I think you just increased the AGP Aperture, which does absolutely nothing with a 64MB card.

Wish I could edit your post and remove my name from there :P

You know putting it on 256MB eats your RAM, don't you? Also, try installing the latest NVIDIA drivers at nvidia.com.

Wish I could edit your post and remove my name from there :P

Your wish came true. :lol:

You know putting it on 256MB eats your RAM, don't you? Also, try installing the latest NVIDIA drivers at nvidia.com.

I'll try downloading the drivers now. Thanks.

I thought you can remove those integrated ones with the jumpers on the motherboard...

Must've mixed up something up.

@ WRX:Frame limiter off. ;)

Edited by Steam

You don't understand. I've had this intigrated drivers now for 2 years and NO lag at all. The game runs perfectly, and I don't even have the minimum requirements. I have 650 MB of RAM (256.0 MB on the drivers). I have kind of lost the old driver update I had before when the game ran perfectly. Maybe It's my big resolution.

To get some more fps out of the game, you can also turn off sound acceleration.

Start > Run > Type 'dxdiag' > OK > Sound > Slide the acceleration bar to the left.

Note that this might cause audio lag in cutscenes.

Not sure yet as I am at College mate. I will see when I get home, plus I have to finish with the re-upload of Central-Gaming's FTP files. We will see later tonight. ;)