Was this a waste of money?

Harwood Butcher

Every day I visit Woot.com to see what they're selling and today they're selling these (shown below).

It cost $35 for two of them, plus $5 for shipping. Am I wasting my money? I have a really bad habit of buying a whole shit load of worthless crap. :(

usbmissilelauncher2packuo1.jpg

I think I spent around $800 on GTA shit last year...it's pretty pathetic...I think I have a problem. :wacko:

Every day I visit Woot.com to see what they're selling and today they're selling these (shown below).

It cost $35 for two of them, plus $5 for shipping. Am I wasting my money? I have a really bad habit of buying a whole shit load of worthless crap. :(

usbmissilelauncher2packuo1.jpg

I think I spent around $800 on GTA shit last year...it's pretty pathetic...I think I have a problem. :wacko:

If you find yourself in a compulsive shopping situation, then you should probably seek help for that...

Lol it uses a USB cable to get power? Dunno if it was worth 40 bucks, coulda bought a NERF gun cheaper than that.

Actually, you can even control it using your PC. The launcher has a driver CD and some software to move the turrets and stuff. There are also some Linux drivers for it somewhere, and at least one guy modded it to make it deadlier...

It's pretty lame for anybody over 12, to be honest. NERF guns are fun once in a while (for example: pump up the gun, conceal it, knock on your friend's car door, wait til he opens it, and then smother him in NERF rockets) but I probably haven't purchased one since 1998, and you couldn't use this USB thing for that anyway. Save your money for the practical stuff! Or if you're loaded, then fuck it by whatever you want.

Edited by rappo

Lol it uses a USB cable to get power? Dunno if it was worth 40 bucks, coulda bought a NERF gun cheaper than that.

Actually, you can even control it using your PC. The launcher has a driver CD and some software to move the turrets and stuff. There are also some Linux drivers for it somewhere, and at least one guy modded it to make it deadlier...

Haha now I see. That's... kinda cool I guess.

It's pretty lame for anybody over 12, to be honest. NERF guns are fun once in a while (for example: pump up the gun, conceal it, knock on your friend's car door, wait til he opens it, and then smother him in NERF rockets) but I probably haven't purchased one since 1998, and you couldn't use this USB thing for that anyway. Save your money for the practical stuff! Or if you're loaded, then fuck it by whatever you want.

Yeah I just mentioned the NERF guns cause they're pretty cheap and I have some around the house that are my brother's. So it's fun for me to shoot him everyone once in a while :clapping:

Yeah, you shouldn't buy all that junk. You'd just set those aside in a month or something, or like me, just put them somewhere in my room, to "look at".

Desires come in short bursts is what my teacher says. You'd want to buy the object/product ASAP. If you wait for two weeks, you'd probably not want it. I don't know, a lot of the things my teacher says are stupid. :P

Anyways, on the rocket launcher thing itself. You use a computer to aim it move & shoot? Won't it be easier to grab a NERF gun and shoot it instead? Unless you're doing some accurate type thing, like as models type thing. But $40 though? Come on. For that kind of thing? Those things look kinda cheap, just plastic & foam & some drivers/software CDs. $15 is more like it IMO.

Yeah, you shouldn't buy all that junk. You'd just set those aside in a month or something, or like me, just put them somewhere in my room, to "look at".

Desires come in short bursts is what my teacher says. You'd want to buy the object/product ASAP. If you wait for two weeks, you'd probably not want it. I don't know, a lot of the things my teacher says are stupid. :P

Anyways, on the rocket launcher thing itself. You use a computer to aim it move & shoot? Won't it be easier to grab a NERF gun and shoot it instead? Unless you're doing some accurate type thing, like as models type thing. But $40 though? Come on. For that kind of thing? Those things look kinda cheap, just plastic & foam & some drivers/software CDs. $15 is more like it IMO.

It pretty much comes out to 15/20 dollars a piece. It's a set of two for 40 dollars.

It looks crap, you'll get bored with it after a few minutes.

Edit: You live in America, just buy a real gun and play with that :)

You have to be 21+ and have a gun permit.

And don't forget the circuit boards...

LOL i saw something just like this in a shop yesterday. its the sort of thing I would buy then i'd be over it after a few weeks...

if i was still at school i would buy it. "hey sir come over here" lol. but yeah this is sorta pointless. lol my cousin had a nerf gun (but it wasnt nerf brand) and had like 30 things it was hilarious.

and unless you buy a new pc for GTA, how can you spend $800...far out

LOL i saw something just like this in a shop yesterday. its the sort of thing I would buy then i'd be over it after a few weeks...

if i was still at school i would buy it. "hey sir come over here" lol. but yeah this is sorta pointless. lol my cousin had a nerf gun (but it wasnt nerf brand) and had like 30 things it was hilarious.

He didn't say he spent that much on the games.... He said he spent that much on merchandise.

He didn't say he spent that much on the games.... He said he spent that much on merchandise.

i know what he said. i didnt literally mean HOW. but like... i could never spend that much.