_Ray

Will Obama be good?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Obama be a good president?

• No, never
    • Yes, In a few years
    • Yes, starting about now
    • Yes, He'll serve a second term

Because this thread you created in order to have a discussion resulted in you not discussing anything related to your views.

Probably because you can't legitimately back them up. You can have your opinions, just be intelligent about them.

Edited by rappo

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it necessary to keep this topic open...?

So that when people decide to get back on topic, we can talk about Obama, the economy, our government in general, etc. <_<

No offense but you obviously don't know enough about this topic to have a real discussion, yes you have your opinions thats fine, everyone respects that the only problem is you have opinions without reasoning and fact, what I mean is you can't backup your opinions, you just say that's what you think and that's it. For an argument/discussion you need to present points on why you think the way you do.

But I think you're too young to really know, which is probably why you can't back up your points.

With age comes wisdom and knowledge my young apprentice.

Ohhh, that's why my Grandma got mad about you beating her in a test...... :thumbsup:

See, you my friend are ridiculous, you are proving again and again that you are just immature and don't know what you are talking about.

Instead of making real arguments and points, you make dumb (off topic) comments.

Ohhh, that's why my Grandma got mad about you beating her in a test...... :thumbsup:

See, you my friend are ridiculous, you are proving again and again that you are just immature and don't know what you are talking about.

Instead of making real arguments and points, you make dumb (off topic) comments.

Yup, pretty much. :hurrhurr:

You don't believe in abortions?

Dude, there's nothing to believe about it. It's completely real and not a myth. Whether you agree with it or not is another matter but if you're going to make a topic about it, how about presenting a more informed argument rather than just trying to use words that you have no idea of the meaning of.

Dude, there's nothing to believe about it. It's completely real and not a myth. Whether you agree with it or not is another matter but if you're going to make a topic about it, how about presenting a more informed argument rather than just trying to use words that you have no idea of the meaning of.

I think abortions are very wrong, yeah.

And this topic was not meant to be about gays, abortions, etc.

It was meant to be about Obama and our government.

And now the whole thing is spammed because I said a couple of irrelevant things I probably shouldn't have.

Edited by raybob

I think abortions are very wrong, yeah.

It was meant to be about Obama and our government.

And now the whole thing is spammed because I said a couple of irrelevant things I probably shouldn't have.

7) Supports legal gay marriage (I respectfully don't believe in it)

Um?

Give me an example of a word I typed that you think I don't know what it means. Because if I wrote it, I know what it means.

Believe. You can't decide to believe in abortion or not; like Chris was saying, it's a reality and not something you've never seen before. What matters is if you are against it or not, in which you are.

So that when people decide to get back on topic, we can talk about Obama, the economy, our government in general, etc. <_<

If you want this topic to stay open...then why don't you ignore what everyone is saying about your previous post (including this one) and start giving some valid points as to why you don't think Obama will be a good president.

If you don't...this topic will be closed really soon.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

No, that's why your Grandma liked it the other night when I did that thing your Grandad doesn't know about........ :thumbsup:

Ooo, I thought of another one; Yeah, the AIDS test :hurrhurr:

See, I can make irrelevant, idiotic posts too.

What that 'With age comes wisdom and knowledge' post was pointing out was that when you grow up to the point when your balls have finally dropped and you get your big boy hair, from then on you will have more life experience and be able to talk about the stuff in your OP with the 'wisdom and knowledge' to back up your statements.

Lets see if you take Harwood's advice and ignore the urge to try and reply to this post.

I've been reading this topic as it went along and I find quite funny. Even though most of the people who replied don't even live in America and have more valid points than what Raybob stated.

Point No. 1 - Abortion

Abortion is legal in many countries as with your own. It's been discussed a lot in many countries. If it were to be illegal then a female was to be raped, then she would become pregnant etc. She may want to get rid of that baby and what you're trying to say is that she shouldn't get the right to do that after a man performed sex on her without her permission or she did not want this stranger to have sex with her? I wouldn't be entirely happy if I were to find my future wife with a baby that wasn't mine.

120px-AbortionLawsMap-NoLegend.png

Point No. 2 - Abortions No.2

I disagree that he done this but he is helping disadvantaged people, people who have not had the chance to drive a car, to live in a house, to eat proper food etc. Basically, see my point above.

Point No. 3 - He closed Guantanamo Bay

He closed a prison? Wow. You do understand that most of the convicted will be moved to other high security prisons across Europe and in the USA itself. It's not a bad thing that he's closing the prison but what's the big deal, he closed a prison, so fucking what? The USA has always had a prison in almost every country in the world, I do recall that the USA still have a presence in Germany after the war ended over 50 years ago and there is a prison in North UK.

Point No. 4 - Funding

How do you know that? He's only been in office less than a fortnight, you can't assume that he won't control funding properly. If he couldn't be trusted in doing that then why would more than 2/3 of the country vote for him?

Point No. 5 - Money

What the fuck is that?

Point No. 6 - Iraqi War

Ehmm, it wasn't his opinion to pull out of the war, if I remember correctly, George Bush signed something with Iraq to pull out forces by 2010 or something.

Point No. 7 - Gay Marriage

Why on earth shouldn't he? Homosexuals are people, if you don't believe that because of your religion, you're sick. Look what Christianity has brought to the world, Homophobic people, Religious leaders (i.e George Bush believing that taxing is wrong and letting public funding down) and now many people are turning away from religion because of some many reasons involving Christianity - I was Christened but I am really furious at Christian people so I Ignore the fact that they believe in God, in Jesus (Ignostic). But, why can't gay people get married? Tell me that. I don't have anything against Homosexuals or Gays infact, they are usually the kindest people on earth and they must suffer because of Christian belief.

Point No. 8 - He's inexperienced

Like I said he's only been in office less than a fortnight, give him a chance. You can't just say things like that only one or so weeks into his leadership. No president has had experience of being a president, a leader as soon as they get into office, you will see him become experienced as you begin to like him.

Well, maybe a disagreeable post, but at least we're back on topic. :clapping:

Also, I don't think Gay Marriage is right, because it's really just unnatural, and not meant to be that way. And no, I don't have anything against gays, I just don't think they should be able to get married. Like I said, marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman. Civil Union or whatever, is fine, just not traditional marriage.

Also, just out of curiosity, who voted Obama will never be a good president?

I voted that he will in a few years.

Edited by raybob95

Here's my thoughts on Osama Obama. The guy is a mixed bag in my opinion. He's got some good points and bad points. The major thing that's going against Obama is he wants to screw up our rights.Take one away and I can almost gaurantee the rest wll fall. While I can care less about who someone is "snaking", marriage should be between a man and woman. I believe gays should have a right to an union. I don't think we have any right to be in Iraq unless they're planning to attack us.

Here's my thoughts on Osama Obama. The guy is a mixed bag in my opinion. He's got some good points and bad points. The major thing that's going against Obama is he wants to screw up our rights.Take one away and I can almost gaurantee the rest wll fall. While I can care less about who someone is "snaking", marriage should be between a man and woman. I believe gays should have a right to an union. I don't think we have any right to be in Iraq unless they're planning to attack us.

I agree completely with your Marriage/ Civil Union thing.

How is love unnatural? Anyway you saying homosexuality isn't natural male dolphins usually stay in male relationships and only be with the females for reproduction. We know dolphins have sex for pleasure to and male dolphins usually do this with other male dolphins. Also there was a penguin couple in New York Zoo they were two males and they were together for years. So how is homosexuality not natural is the its present in the animal kingdom. Whats more natural then that?

I honestly believe Obama will help to bring change and closing Guantanamo Bay was a good decsion as that place seemed like a torture chamber. This way they will have a trial and be sentenced properly.

Also, I don't think Gay Marriage is right, because it's really just unnatural, and not meant to be that way. And no, I don't have anything against gays, I just don't think they should be able to get married. Like I said, marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman. Civil Union or whatever, is fine, just not traditional marriage.

Ok, instead of going off in a tangent about gay marriage, why don't you give other points about why you don't think Obama will be a good president instead of restating what you've been saying...or is this all you've got?

If you want to talk about gay marriage, discuss it here.

Ok, instead of going off in a tangent about gay marriage, why don't you give other points about why you don't think Obama will be a good president instead of restating what you've been saying...or is this all you've got?

If you want to talk about gay marriage, discuss it here.

OK then.....

I think one of Obama's strong points is his demeanor and willingness to work hard.