_Ray

Will Obama be good?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Obama be a good president?

• No, never
    • Yes, In a few years
    • Yes, starting about now
    • Yes, He'll serve a second term

That isn't attacking wording. People try to say that either because the bible says so, or because it can't cause reproduction, that it isn't NATURAL. Not normal. Natural. Natural and normal are in no way synonyms.

You're looking at "natural" as it's literal meaning, but you're able to use "natural" in place of "normal". It works sort of like slang, but not as elaborate.

I've never seen "bad" listed under synonyms for "good", but some people use the word "bad" to mean "good".

And a lack of gay marriage doesn't mean it isn't a norm. That has to do with it being against Christian beliefs. If something is an everyday item/sight/occurrence/etc. then it can be considered normal in society. They can't marry, though, because Christians believe it is unnatural and immoral.

If you're saying that gay marriage is only rejected by Christians...THEN WHY THE HELL DON'T THEY GET MARRIED SOMEWHERE ELSE?!?!?!?!? If that's true, then they're creating their own problems.

Yes, because people((mainly Christians)) OFTEN USE IT TO MEAN JUST THAT. NATURAL. If you say it isn't natural because it can't cause reproduction, you are not using "natural" to mean "normal".

And are you saying they should just move out of the country? Yeah, because that's totally plausible. We are suppose to be a FREE COUNTRY, we should have to move out of it to be free. MOST people who say homosexuality is wrong will tell you it's because the bible said so. The rest will probably use the "unnatural" argument, which has been disproven anyways. This includes most politicians, considering how there are a lot of Christian morals in our government.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean "somewhere else"? Since when is the United States of America a Christian state? And there are also laws about foreign marriages being recognized in the US, so that doesn't work anyway. That being said, Christianity is not the only religion that rejects homosexuality (as made apparent by the map provided earlier showing that you can get the death penalty in most Arab countries for open homosexuality). However, the great majority of dissent comes from religion - let it be Christianity, Islam, etc - and something tells me (the first amendment perhaps?) that all men are created equal and deserve the same natural rights, and that religion and state should be kept separate.

So for those against gay marriage: either you're saying that gay people should not be considered people at all, or you are saying that the Constitution can be freely broken.

Since when is the United States of America a state?

Yes, because people((mainly Christians)) OFTEN USE IT TO MEAN JUST THAT. NATURAL. If you say it isn't natural because it can't cause reproduction, you are not using "natural" to mean "normal".

Yeah, if you use it that way, but if you say, "Gay marriage isn't natural because marriage is traditionally between a man and a women", then it could be interchangeable with "normal".

And are you saying they should just move out of the country? Yeah, because that's totally plausible. We are suppose to be a FREE COUNTRY, we should have to move out of it to be free. MOST people who say homosexuality is wrong will tell you it's because the bible said so. The rest will probably use the "unnatural" argument, which has been disproven anyways. This includes most politicians, considering how there are a lot of Christian morals in our government.

So only Christians get married? I had no idea.

Since when is the United States of America a state?

How do English? :wacko:

state

noun, adjective, verb, stat⋅ed, stat⋅ing.

–noun

7. a politically unified people occupying a definite territory; nation.

8. the territory, or one of the territories, of a government.

Edited by rappo

state

–noun

You know, those things that are "united" in America, those STATES, "United STATES of America". States such as New York, Florida, California, Texas, etc. :D:P

Yeah, if you use it that way, but if you say, "Gay marriage isn't natural because marriage is traditionally between a man and a women", then it could be interchangeable with "normal".

If non-Christians get married, why can't gays?

state

–noun

You know, those things that are "united" in America, those STATES, "United STATES of America". States such as New York, Florida, California, Texas, etc. :D:P

Nigga nigga....... Florida ain't no state.

If non-Christians get married, why can't gays?

Exactly, gays could still get married if they're not Christian. So why does it matter if Christian churches are against gay marriage? They wouldn't be the ones marrying them, unless the gay couples decided to try and get married as Christians.

Nigga nigga....... Florida ain't no state.

Now you're just being silly. :hurrhurr:

What are you talking about, man? Almost every state has a ban on gay marriages - it doesn't matter what institution you do it in, if it's not recognized by the state you live in then it's worthless.

Ok...that being said, why is everyone pissed off at the church then?

Probably because the people that run the states and ban gay marriage are usually conservative Christians? Or something like that. Would be my guess at least.

Well, theoretically, if everything went perfectly by the rules, non-Christian's wouldn't be able to get married either.

Personally, I'm a reformed Christian, so I think it's OK, unless there's a couple that comes into a church and openly starts talking about how God is not real, or about how he's evil, or if they've done many evil things, then that's really just not right.

And Christianity is more of a faith, than a religion.

Edited by raybob95

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I haven't looked in here for a couple of weeks & .....

Got a buck (US $1 note)? Look at the back of it.

"IN GOD WE TRUST" clearly printed in the middle, probably because the US was founded by Christians & is a

predominately Christian nation. If you have a problem w/ that, why did you come here?

The US also has the Constitution, allegedly guaranteeing the right to "The pursuit of life, liberty & happiness". When

this country was founded, it was determined that you should be free to live your life as you see fit. Of course, that's

subject to whether or not you're harming others, consenting adults, etc. That same Constitution also allegedly gives

you the right to worship god as you believe & clearly prohibits the state (yes, correct usage) from dictating people how

to worship or even if they should. Find more under "separation of church & state".

Another conflict is the gay marriage issue. That one's between you & God & no one else's business. On one hand

there's the people citing religious reasons to condemn gays versus "life, liberty & happiness". Add to that the recent

discovery of a direct correlation between the size of the hypothalamus & sexual preference, a part of the brain that

occurs naturally as part of a body God created "in his own image".

Where does God create this masterpiece of engineering? In the womb, as a "fetus". One thing I could never get

clear was the mindset that it's okay to kill an unborn child out of convenience but when some sick bastard decides

to hunt & kill people just for fun it's wrong to put them to death.

Back to topic.

Last night (it's Sunday now) I'm watching Fox news (save it, you already know I'm an evil Reagan conservative) &

I see a story that Iran has successfully launched a telecommunications satellite. Think about that for a minute.

Iran calls the US the big Satan & Israel the little Satan. They've also been working on a nuclear energy program.

What do you plan to do about that Obama?