im very confused about the versions of gta:sa

lazlow76

ok, so a couple years ago i had purchased gta:sa from walmart, and i think it was a few weeks before that they had pulled them off the shelves and added the "second edition" into all retailers....i think about the day after i installed the game i had tried adding a mod into the game, and it did not work. Now about 3 weeks ago i installed it onto my new kickass laptop, but i am wondering why the mod didnt work. i am also remembering reading an article that, since the second edition was changed so that no mods could be added, is this true, if so, what could i do, and if what i read was wrong, what was i doing wrong for the mod not to work.

You are right, the second edition for some reason prevents people from Modding it, probably so you can't remod the Hot Coffee thing, since thats hwy they had to bring out a second addition.

As far as I know people have come up with downgrade patches so you can downgrade to the original, and then mod the game again. I'm not sure if this works for the second edition games though, or only the first edition games that were upgraded with a patch.

Do a google search on downgrade san andreas or something.

As far as I know people have come up with downgrade patches so you can downgrade to the original, and then mod the game again. I'm not sure if this works for the second edition games though, or only the first edition games that were upgraded with a patch.

You don't need a downgrader for a v1 game; it is already moddable. A v2 game has to be downgraded if you want to use mods. Also note that downgrading a v2 game does not mean that it becomes v1; it just makes your game moddable. Your game will still be v2 and you'll need to use v2 savefiles only.

But if you've upgraded your v1 to v1.01 with the official patch, I think you also need downgrade again, as that patch also prevents the hot coffee mod, if you didn't want to buy the new game. (as well as fix a few bugs).

If you want to get rid of the v1.01 patch, all you gotta do is reinstall the game and you'll be back to your original v1 game. ;)

But if you've upgraded your v1 to v1.01 with the official patch, I think you also need downgrade again, as that patch also prevents the hot coffee mod, if you didn't want to buy the new game. (as well as fix a few bugs).

If you want to get rid of the v1.01 patch, all you gotta do is reinstall the game and you'll be back to your original v1 game. ;)

That makes sense, but downgrading with a patch would be less of a hassle than re-installing the game ;)

That makes sense, but downgrading with a patch would be less of a hassle than re-installing the game ;)

I have never heard of anyone using a downgrader on a v1.01 exe. Isn't a downgrader supposed to work only on a v2 exe?