Stem Cells

_Ray

Stem Cells  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Stem Cell Research?

• Yes
    • No
    • Mixed

I'm for it. Then again, aren't there stem cells in the umbilical cord?

I'm pretty sure. Which means regardless of what you do with your pregnancy, you can donate, right? Or wrong? I'm not sure.

You can, but most parents chose to keep the umbilical cord frozen, because it has somthing that can heal a baby in certain circumstances.

I can't remember the source (read in magazine like Time or Newsweek) but early last year a story broke that

someone figured out how to make a stem cell.

This means not having to harvest them from aborted fetuses & bypassing all the moral issues related & still having the

benefits of them.

For the record, I'm 95% pro-life. This means I believe there should be a 72 hour waiting period & hearing to

determine if it's acceptable. We ARE talking about killing an unborn child. However, there are circumstances that it is an

option.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My Mother is a type 1 diabetic (She was born with it, type 2 is from being a fat ass). This is one of the main reasons we voted for Gore in 2000, he wanted to further research with Stem Cells and Bush didn't. Eight years of research down the drain. Who knows where we would be right now if it happened.

Edited by Noxfaratos

My Mother is a type 1 diabetic (She was born with it, type 2 is from being a fat ass). This is one of the main reasons we voted for Gore in 2000, he wanted to further research with Stem Cells and Bush didn't. Eight years of research down the drain. WHo knows where we would be right now if it happened.

No, type 2 is from having a high sugar-intake. I probably take in more sugar than a lot of fat people, but I'm not fat. And surprisingly enough, I have decent blood sugar.

My Mother is a type 1 diabetic (She was born with it, type 2 is from being a fat ass). This is one of the main reasons we voted for Gore in 2000, he wanted to further research with Stem Cells and Bush didn't. Eight years of research down the drain. WHo knows where we would be right now if it happened.

No, type 2 is from having a high sugar-intake. I probably take in more sugar than a lot of fat people, but I'm not fat. And surprisingly enough, I have decent blood sugar.

Haha. I was just making the connection that most fat people eat a lot of sugar.