Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned

Husky

He probably thought it meant gamerpoints, which are the points you get from completing achievements. There is a difference in the Xbox Live world between gamerpoints and Microsoft Points. They just call things Microsoft Points so they don't have to make a bunch of currency and tax specifications specifications. In the United States, 1600 MS points is $19.99, and it's different for all parts of the world.

Edited by rappo

No I think he's saying that if you have 1600 Microsoft Xbox Points you can also get TLaD, instead of paying $19.99 for it?

But.... To get the 1600 points you need to pay 19.99......

No I think he's saying that if you have 1600 Microsoft Xbox Points you can also get TLaD, instead of paying $19.99 for it?

Yeah, but that's no equivalent to free, correct?

I don't have an Xbox and I don't know how the points work, how you get them etc, so I don't know. Maybe to him it counts as free?

You buy them. Or, if it's like the Wii, you can just use your credit card and never leave your house.

I don't have an Xbox and I don't know how the points work, how you get them etc, so I don't know. Maybe to him it counts as free?

You buy them. Or, if it's like the Wii, you can just use your credit card and never leave your house.

I see that's kind of pointless then? Why have points then when you need to buy them, if you could gain them for like extraordinary online play or so, that would make a lot more sense, you know, instead of always charging Money Microsoft could reward its players too...

I see that's kind of pointless then? Why have points then when you need to buy them, if you could gain them for like extraordinary online play or so, that would make a lot more sense, you know, instead of always charging Money Microsoft could reward its players too...

All three companies are charging for them. And really.... You're paying for software licensing... If they rewarded you for good gameplay with these points, they'd be paying you for playing good. That's called being sponsored.

I think I know what Husky really means... What he is saying is if you can download the lost and damned game with a silver membership... and the answer to that is yes... you can download the game even if you have an xbox live silver membership or a gold membership, but you still have to pay $19.99 or 1600 MP

I think I know what Husky really means... What he is saying is if you can download the lost and damned game with a silver membership... and the answer to that is yes... you can download the game even if you have an xbox live silver membership or a gold membership, but you still have to pay $19.99 or 1600 MP

Yeah that's probably what he was thinking. But yeah whatever you prob don't know much about XBL's system (seeing as you are a PS3 owner) so it's an easy mistake to make I guess. Speaking of LaD I just got my 1400 MS points from Noru from the LCF contest which added up conveniently with my saved up 200 points to create the perfect 1600 so I'm ready to get it as soon as it comes out.

Yeah that's probably what he was thinking. But yeah whatever you prob don't know much about XBL's system (seeing as you are a PS3 owner) so it's an easy mistake to make I guess. Speaking of LaD I just got my 1400 MS points from Noru from the LCF contest which added up conveniently with my saved up 200 points to create the perfect 1600 so I'm ready to get it as soon as it comes out.

Eh? So how do you get those Microsoft Points?

Just go to a local EB Games/Wal-mart and etc... and pick up a card for X number of points. Some places you'll need to ask for it since they may be behind the counter.

When you do get them, my sure they activate the card or the code on the back of them wont work.

Edited by Noru