Ford vs. Chevy

_Ray

Ford or Chevy?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What is Better? Ford or Chevy?

• Ford
    • Chevy

It's all about the Mustang (my '00) & F-150 doesn't just rule, it dominates.

Chevy's left me walking too many times. At least when my Fords break down it's close to home.

The Mustang is what swayed my vote, too. I'll also have to admit that the F-150 and F-250 are pretty good trucks. The Ranger isn't a bad mid-line truck, either.

Honda

Chevy. The (my) Camaro has broke down twice in it's 212K mile trip of life..

HA, I saw on the news about a lady who had a Corvette, original owner, since the 70's. It had like over a million miles or something. She says all she does is take it to the mechanic when something seems wrong and it still looks brand new.

Don't the Monaros all use Chevy plants anyway? (At least, the blocks they do)

But yes, Monaros are pretty damn cool, really easy to get big bore kits, aftermarket parts for 'em too. Vroom.

I have a Manaro in Gran Turismo 4, and in a 1500m drag with a 2002 Chevy Camaro SS, it killed it from about 0-400m, but then at about 110mph, the camaro slowly caught up and won by about 50m at the end, going 169 (mph) and the monaro at 157.

Probably because the camaro is more aerodynamic and has much taller gears.

So, for Street, Monaro is better, plus it looks and sounds a lot cooler.

Edited by raybob95

From what I've seen, yes. Any Aussie Holdens that make it into US car mags usually have a small block Chevy. I

remember a Holden ute (like an El Camino) from that had the original 265 (or so) in front & spliced into the drive

shaft in the back was a blown 350. You guys do some pretty wild stuff.

EB - Up here there's plenty of Camaros & new GTOs (Manaro w/ Corvette engine) but the big dog is late model Ford

Mustangs w/ supercharged 5.4 DOHCs. Would love to see a shoot w/ the CVR8 you mentioned.

But yes, Monaros are pretty damn cool, really easy to get big bore kits, aftermarket parts for 'em too. Vroom.

I have a Manaro in Gran Turismo 4, and in a 1500m drag with a 2002 Chevy Camaro SS, it killed it from about 0-400m, but then at about 110mph, the camaro slowly caught up and won by about 50m at the end, going 169 (mph) and the monaro at 157.

Probably because the camaro is more aerodynamic and has much taller gears.

So, for Street, Monaro is better, plus it looks and sounds a lot cooler.

You can't really judge cars and compare them from video games.

Also forgot to mention, I hate the newer Tauruses.... I'd like an '89 Taurus SHO over any Taurus.

Newer Tauruses get outlaw points because a lot of them are flex fuel, meaning when I get sick of OPEC I can build

a still in my basement & run them of moonshine. Makes a lot of sense at $ (insert insane number here) a gallon.

I have a 2000 I bought for $1, needs a transmission. I fix it myself It's an the road for under $500.

Newer Tauruses get outlaw points because a lot of them are flex fuel, meaning when I get sick of OPEC I can build

a still in my basement & run them of moonshine. Makes a lot of sense at $ (insert insane number here) a gallon.

I have a 2000 I bought for $1, needs a transmission. I fix it myself It's an the road for under $500.

My Mom has a 2000 Mercury Sable Station Wagon (Same as Taurus pretty much) with over 160k miles on it, and in her attempt to drive 60 miles in 45 minutes, (Teaches at 3 colleges) drives about 95 mph every day (No Exxageration) (Actually Avg. of 88, occasionally 104) down back roads.

The Car has only broken down majorly twice twice, after she broke a spring by going over a speed bump at 55, and blowing a head gasket by cruising at 4,500 rpm.

Other than that, car runs fine. Very safe (Without my Mom driving) and Reliable (With my Dad to fix it) :dribble:

Lastly, when my Dad drives, he gets 26 miles per gallon. My Mom gets around 18.

Edited by raybob95

One dollar? Honestly? Wow.

And yeah, my sister use to have a Sable, shit was fast.

However.... My dad's old SHO..... Was much fun to ride in.

And yeah, my sister use to have a Sable, shit was fast.

Scary considering my Mom doesn't even have the powerful version of the sable. Only 150hp. She makes it seem like it has 400 though. :P

Yeah, her stepdaughter bought it & then she went rabid, trashed her old room & stole a bunch stuff, AFTER she begged

my sister to get custody of her from her own dad (real POS). So the local impound calls my sister & asked what to do

w/ HER Taurus. Seems the kid forgot she had it titled in my sister's name for insurance purposes & didn't trust her own

dad.

Aint Karma a bitch.

Most Tauruses & sables come w/ a base 3.0 that's just about right for them. The 3.8 is a bitch to work on because they

fit a little tight & almost any engine work is just easier to do if you pull the whole drivetrain (not as hard as it sounds) &

do it on the floor. However if you get creative, Mustang V6s (mid '90s to '04) are the same 3.8 & there's plenty of parts.

Supercharged Ford Taur'Stang SHO, FTW.

The SHO 3.6 uses heads designed by Yamaha Racing & they're little beasts. There was also a DOHC 3.0 but I think

Ford quit using them because of cam bearing issues, they were more interested in reliability.

Yeah, her stepdaughter bought it & then she went rabid, trashed her old room & stole a bunch stuff, AFTER she begged

my sister to get custody of her from her own dad (real POS). So the local impound calls my sister & asked what to do

w/ HER Taurus. Seems the kid forgot she had it titled in my sister's name for insurance purposes & didn't trust her own

dad.

Aint Karma a bitch.

Most Tauruses & sables come w/ a base 3.0 that's just about right for them. The 3.8 is a bitch to work on because they

fit a little tight & almost any engine work is just easier to do if you pull the whole drivetrain (not as hard as it sounds) &

do it on the floor. However if you get creative, Mustang V6s (mid '90s to '04) are the same 3.8 & there's plenty of parts.

The SHO 3.6 uses heads designed by Yamaha Racing & they're little beasts. There was also a DOHC 3.0 but I think

Ford quit using them because of cam bearing issues, they were more interested in reliability.

My Mom's '00 Sable has the Vulcan V6 (SOHC, 150hp), not the Duratec (DOHC, 200hp)

Much more reliable.

• 1 month later...

dad.

Aint Karma a bitch.

I remember my dad saying it had Yamaha parts. He had an '89, I think. Awesome car, except that he was CONSTANTLY working on it, got a DUI in it, etc. etc.((cop said he smoked his rear tires, and was fish-tailing :rolleyes: ))

I remember my dad saying it had Yamaha parts. He had an '89, I think. Awesome car, except that he was CONSTANTLY working on it, got a DUI in it, etc. etc.((cop said he smoked his rear tires, and was fish-tailing :rolleyes: ))

Keep that bullet in your pocket Barney - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Fife

Just noticed a typo in my earlier post, the SHO had a 3.0, not 3.6. Sorry for the dyslexic hands.

A think the SHO parts were Ford, just designed by Yamaha Racing. Either way, they move.