Walking in a winter wonderland...

GTA Don

I live near an oil refinery, it's always orangey here. Anywho, yes snowing here too, I was at school today because we didn't get heavy snow until about 10 am. At lunchtime there were massive snowball fight, fun, accidentally hit a girl in the eye though, I like her :( After school, I got a massive lump of snow and threw it all over my sister, she was running around like a headless chicken for about three minutes as the snow went down her back.

Now, I was just in a snowball fight with some random people from the street, me and my sister owned them because they were all younger than us (there are no teenagers around here). Just in looking at a blizzard. Having a fun day :)

!!!!! You all are so lucky. I miss the snow so much, since it never snows in Florida >.<

I got to see a slight flurry when I went back up to Jersey for Thanksgiving, but other than that, no snow for about five years.

I am hoping that the rain will pick up here so I don't have to go into school tonight. We are only making scones, biscuits, and a pie (all of which I have made so many times at that school already).

The most we'll get is like a foot of snow over here, usually only ever up North though. That's fuck all for Americans, they get way more and more often so it's not a bother. It completely fucks this country over which is why I love it. Everyone becomes incompetent. It's awesome.

It is pretty bad this week though since it actually is pretty much the entire island that's getting hit. Even got it where I am in the West Midlands, only like a couple of centimetres but yeah.

Fuck global warming! It's fucking freezing here, literally, -4 or some shit. For a Brit this is a fucking cold. If you're a Russian or some shit then it's nice and warm so you're not allowed to complain etc :P

Its been great, I was throwing snowballs at my dog and he loved trying to catch them. My Mum got the day off as all buses were suspended. Even if we get an inch the whole country stands to a halt. Heathrow runways have been closed, poor bastards missing their holiday.

I live in Upstate New York, and we get a ton of snow, but we always have school anyway.

One day it was 25 mph winds, -11 degrees (Fahrenheit) out, and 3 1/2 feet of snow and we had school anyway......

(40 kph, -24 Celsius, 1.05 meters )

I think that one day this year when we went home at early at 10:30 (1/2 day) was because of a tornado watch, and 75 mph winds (How often does that happen up here???) It was also supposed to get down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit.

I love Winter, and I'm probably gonna live a couple dozen miles outside Minneapolis or something when I'm older, because I love cold and snow.

Edited by raybob95

Hmmmm, I didn't even realize it's winter. This year LA broke its record for hottest January, which included a nine day streak of 80ºF+. In some ways I like that it's nice and warm, but at the same time it would be cool to have more seasons than "warm" and "hot." Snow would definitely never fall on my house :P

^ lol

No snow over night. Never trust the Met Office when you're in Scotland, they really only do accurate forecasts for England and Wales. If they say it's to snow in Scotland, it usually rains or we get nothing at all.

Sod's law that damn near the coldest country in GB gets no snow. That's pretty fail though.

Warmth and PC > Coldness and college.

I think that one day this year when we went home at early at 10:30 (1/2 day) was because of a tornado watch, and 75 mph winds (How often does that happen up here???) It was also supposed to get down to -20 degrees Fahrenheit.

I dont recall that happening anytime within the past ... ever?

If it was going to get down to -20F, the temperature wouldn't be warm enough to begin with to even remotely cause a tornado. At MOST, the temperature would have been +30 and at that, there's simply not enough moisture in the atmosphere to make it unstable enough for a tornado.

Yes, one needs a temperature change, but from 90-70 maybe, not whatever NY gets in the winter.

^ lol

No snow over night. Never trust the Met Office when you're in Scotland, they really only do accurate forecasts for England and Wales. If they say it's to snow in Scotland, it usually rains or we get nothing at all.

Sod's law that damn near the coldest country in GB gets no snow. That's pretty fail though.

Warmth and PC > Coldness and college.

Trust the warmest city in the UK (London) has the coldest temperatures of the year. But yeah you're right. This winter has been pretty strange for Scotland, I recall the Outer Hebrides had a forcasted temperature higher by 10 degrees or so than the rest of the UK and Ireland. Anyway, it's been pissing it down pretty hard today but we hadn't had rain in a while so it's well worth it.

A pretty picture of the white powdery stuff we call snow (trust me to take pictures):

n1046303140_312131_7629.jpg

More on my facebook album called "Snow 2009".

I dont recall that happening anytime within the past ... ever?

If it was going to get down to -20F, the temperature wouldn't be warm enough to begin with to even remotely cause a tornado. At MOST, the temperature would have been +30 and at that, there's simply not enough moisture in the atmosphere to make it unstable enough for a tornado.

Yes, one needs a temperature change, but from 90-70 maybe, not whatever NY gets in the winter.

I live right in front of Lake Ontario, so we get a lot of snow.

We had a tornado watch because a warm and cold front were meeting, it was extremely humid that dat, and at the time of the watch, almost 45 degrees Fahrenheit out.

It was supposed to get down to -20 during the evening after the cold front took over.

And it actually only got down to about -2, with 40 mph winds. (My weather men are fucked over :dribble: )

And no, the predicted "tornado" never actually happened. In facts the winds never got above 55. They died down a lot when the temperature started dropping from like 40 to 0 in about 3 hours.

Edited by raybob95

Snow is awesome, only time of year you'd get it here is around January-February, never at December or November.

I in fact had no college on Monday (I have day off's on Monday's and Wednesday's), but on Tuesday, I didn't go either since I checked my college's website, and said it was closed. Wednesday which is today, well my college is open, so yeah. ): Tomorrow I guess I'm back to college, in front of tutors, which at some point, I find it really boring.

But I did build a snowman, I think he's dead now. :D