Acoustic Guitar Help!

Dark Lord

Honestly speaking, i have no knowledge about guitars.But i always wanted to(try to) learn one.One of my friend,is selling her Acoustic Guitar.It is of Yamaha make.All i wanted to know is that...is Yahama one worth buying? I have seen many bands using Yamaha instruments.

She's selling me real cheap, plus other tabs and chords book and shit.Plus she hardly used it for over 8 months.But then, i do have no idea about guitar makes.

so y/n?

Eh, here's the thing, even a crappy guitar can sound great when tuned and played right. I heard of a professional band((sorry, no sources, I don't remember the name)) that were playing with all FirstAct guitars. They replaced the strings, the pickups, and used quality amps. Of course, it's a bit different with acoustic guitars((different woods resonate different, and the quality of the build can effect it)), but still, for learning, don't worry too much about quality. Worry about playing. :thumbsup:

A good quote from my mentor "a great guitarist can sound good on any guitar". So Spaz is right, but I disagree with him on all the pickups and shit cause that can get expensive and not really worth it. If the guitar is decent then replace components... but a guitar like that, no. And Acoustic guitars don't really have anything you can replace unless it's acoustic/electric. It's kind of like buying a car from the 1940's and putting hydraulics and nitrous and shit in it - it would be fucking awesome but ridiculous and would cost a shitton of money.

For starters you can go with crappy guitars, when i was in college there was a guy who played really great with a 50 $ crappy guitar. So its not much of a deal if your learning. Johnny Rzeznik of the Goo Goo dolls had a 4 string guitar on which he composed 'Sympathy'. I heard this on the radio interview.