Youtube partners with UMG

Harwood Butcher

"Internet hotspot YouTube has announced an agreement offering YouTube and its users access to thousands of videos on YouTube from Universal Music Group’s extensive roster of artists covering every genre of music. The agreement also allows users to incorporate music from UMG for videos they create for YouTube.

YouTube and UMG have also agreed to a process to protect UMG copyrights using technology to filter out UMG content that is not authorized to appear on the YouTube service."

SOURCE

??? Are they letting us use their music or what? I'm so confused.

"Internet hotspot YouTube has announced an agreement offering YouTube and its users access to thousands of videos on YouTube from Universal Music Group’s extensive roster of artists covering every genre of music. The agreement also allows users to incorporate music from UMG for videos they create for YouTube.

YouTube and UMG have also agreed to a process to protect UMG copyrights using technology to filter out UMG content that is not authorized to appear on the YouTube service."

SOURCE

??? Are they letting us use their music or what? I'm so confused.

Ahh, DRM at its finest. :pissedred:

Yeah, that's gay. Although, that was because of WMG, not UMG.

WMG just had an all out bitch fest and got all their shit taken down, but it seems like UMG is letting us use all of their material or allowing only certain things, which is what I'm trying to figure out.

Edited by Harwood Butcher