Why don't you ever visit the homepage?

Chris

This topic doesn't apply to everyone, but a fair amount of you. If it concerns you, please reply. If not, disregard it. Just need some opinions/comments that's all.

I'm aware a lot of you guys seem to have TGTAP forums bookmarked, or you just come straight here or whatever, completely skipping the homepage, missing any news updates and the like.

The only way you see the latest news is if you happen to see the "latest post" link on the GTA News forum at the top.

So I'm just wondering, how come you skip the homepage? Are we missing relevant stuff that would make you visit the homepage if we did have it? Don't you care about any GTA news? Something else?

Today I realised it most because I posted about being invited to NY at the same time as I posted the new artwork... and because the artwork topic got a reply first, it's shown as the "latest post" and you guys see that glancing over the forum. Maybe check it out, reply, and go back to the rest of the forum... because you haven't visited the homepage you're unaware that this is not in fact the latest story.

I remember when I posted about the IV event in NYC, loads of people posted with questions for me. Now it seems, no one actually wants me to ask any questions to R* on their behalf?? Normally we'd have loads of you wanting to ask R* something, and I'm assuming you haven't posted simply because you're unaware of the topic there.

Might not be the reason why but I've seen it happen in the past where we've posted multiple news stories in a short space of time, and some receive very little interest when they're things that typically would do.

So yeah if this describes you, please reply and let me know why it is you come straight here. Your comments could help improve TGTAP if it appears we need to add certain content to the homepage. Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always go via the homepage as I just type tgtap.com and then check the news then go to the forums. I think most 'veteran' members here, tend to go right to the forum as its become their community, so they wanna see whats new with everyone else.

Also when you go to View New Posts, the news topics come up as well. Personally I don't think there's anything TGTAP needs to improve, some people might just not be interested, I didn't actually realize you're going to NY again, (should read more careful), but I do have a question for you to pose and will post it in that topic.

Like I said I don't think there's anything TGTAP needs to improve, its just the way the people are.

Well, for me, things are a bit different now.

I at first use to go via homepage all the time, I either use to type in the address bar http://www.thegtaplace.com, or when you officially brought TGTAP.com, I also went on that too. But then again, there wasn't much news at the time, although at the time when everyone was hyped up about GTA IV coming to the 360 and PS3, I only use to look at the news via the forums. And even though there was news in the front page, I just didn't like reading it because some of Flash Ads, they were so annoying, it just drew my eyes away from the news relating to GTA IV, so that's one reason why I don't tend to read the news on the homepage. But then again, you said there's nothing you can do to the ads on the page, since it's at some part of UGO or whatever.

I do often go to the homepage and read the news, especially in the awesome V4 design, but nowadays I just use the forums to view the news, because more of a less, I'd have something to say, so I'd post it. But most of the time, I just bookmark the forums as I just want to straight go to the posting, or see if anyone has posted in any of my or other members topics. The only time I really view it is if I'm bored. I really don't know what to suggest, I think the homepage is great, I just prefer to view the forum more as I'm going to be posting in it anyways.

I also never realised you heading to NYC again to play Lost & Damned. Lucky ass, I wish I could go for a few days out of this shithole and experience this. :P

Edited by TM™

I don't often visit the homepage either, occasionally I do - once a week. I used to all the time when I had not joined the board, I came here for downloads such as save games, trainers etc. Then I realised that there was the forum link. First big forum I joined on really.

Anyway, like I said, I do occasionally go on it. The last time was yesterday I believe when I went to go and have a look at some pictures from GTA IV for a sig or something I was making. Once you are used to being on the forums then you'll forget that the site has a homepage. Also, I think the homepage is good as it is, only the board needs the improvements (which I am led to believe - are ongoing).

As for the topic that you made about going to New York City, you make me jealous. But, I did see it before I read this topic. Lucky bastard.

I visit the homepage first also, sometimes the picture of the day, one of my pics was recently on :rolleyes: (I submited that almost a year ago), see if there's anything interesting ( can't remember something worth reading lately, the articles are great, I don't care about the subjects tough - GTA 4 and The Lost And Dammed ).

Edited by Gycu X

I usually just type in tgtap when I first get on the internet, and it takes me to this, then I just click on the first link which is some random topic, in which I just scroll up to the forum. :P

I used to check the homepage regurally, and I'm honestly not to sure why I don't anymore. I'll definitely have to check it out mroe though now, and try to be a little more active with the news ann shit. :)

I usually just type in tgtap when I first get on the internet, and it takes me to this, then I just click on the first link which is some random topic, in which I just scroll up to the forum. :P

Lol you're weird. Why don't you just drag a TGTAP link on to your bookmarks toolbar so all you have to do is click it :/

See, I open up Firefox, and I've got such handy session managers and shit, that it USUALLY is either TGTAP or MySpace((because these are usually the last things I check before sleeping)). If it's TGTAP, THAT'S why I skip the homepage. If it's MySpace, I type "t" into my browser and click the first TGTAP link, which use to be the forum's index, but now it's the DS private board((and I don't know why)), so that's, also, why I skip the homepage. I usually don't bother with the homepage because everything I need is on the message board. At one point all the news was mainly SA mods and shit. Now it's about GTA IV, and I don't own GTA IV. So yeah. I use the homepage to download mods for SA NOW, but I usually click the "Home" link FROM the forums.

Basically..... Convenience.

I just have the forum bookmarked. When I was at CC I jumped on a computer and ended up on the homepage and noticed the new banner...not knowing how long it has been there.

I think you should make the homepage a little more interesting, possibly. Instead of just news updates, photos and trailers, maybe you could have something else. Not sure exactly what though.

I mainly come to TGTAP just for the forums. I barely come here for GTA related stuff anymore. I think it's mainly because GTA is more or less becoming a 360 title and I'm a PS3 owner. So I don't really care about GTA as much anymore.

excuse my language but im being serious

the reason i dont visit the homepage is because its FUCKING boring im not being a jerk just a person not afraid to tell you whats wrong, try embedding a flash game near the bottom of the page, you can find a few embeddable games at www.freeonlinegames.com also make links bigger brighter and stand out more, like neon green or orange, also try to make exciting headlines for the news, hell let me take a crack at pitching you a few lines if you want me to.....

excuse my language but im being serious

the reason i dont visit the homepage is because its FUCKING boring im not being a jerk just a person not afraid to tell you whats wrong, try embedding a flash game near the bottom of the page, you can find a few embeddable games at www.freeonlinegames.com also make links bigger brighter and stand out more, like neon green or orange, also try to make exciting headlines for the news, hell let me take a crack at pitching you a few lines if you want me to.....

"They see me trollin'......"

Either that or you're ridiculously stupid. Any website that needs to entice you with a flash game in order to get you to visit is a shitty website. And FUCK, bright neon colors? What are you, 5? You need bright colors to grab your attention?

And LOL at the way you speak to Chris as if he's a 12 year old who's never made a website before. Dude, I assure you, if he wanted to embed a game on the site, he could do it without ever visiting another website.

I usually go through the homepage atleast once a day to see the Picture Of The Day :lol:

LOLs what a Sherman-like thing to do :clapping:

On topic: yeah, I guess I'm one of those people that go straight to the forums instead of homepage first. Before when I didn't go on here that often I'd just go to the homepage, click forums and then sign in. But now I have the forums section bookmarked so yeah sometimes I miss some of the news that you guys post. I'll bookmark the homepage now and just go on both at the same time, see if there's any news and then go to the forums. I was going to say that it would be nice to have a be able to go straight from the news 'article' on the homepage to the forum thread but I now realize you have to go into comments first and then click view/post or whatever it is. I guess it would be more convenient to have that link right at the 'article' instead of in the comments section but it's nothing big and nothing you should go out of your way for.

Edit: and to laggynoob, this is a GTA fansite not flash game site. I'm pretty sure if Chris embeded a flash game on to the homepage everyone wouldn't go there JUST for that (unless it was a really good flash game :P) and it would defeat the purpose of having a homepage with news in the first place. So if you want your bright neon colours and flash games head over to addicting games.

Edited by Artur

Personally, I always go via the homepage. I have a quick scroll to see what news there is, then click on the 'join the forums' image link. I did it on the old design, when it was midway down the page, too. I have a good read of the articles through the board after I've made a mental note of them on the homepage.