Signature of the Week Competition thread ! - SOTW #2 Theme and entries !

Alvas.

SOTW THEMES  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What theme would you like for SOTW#1 ?

• Battlefield 2
    • Half life 2
    • Halo
    • Call of duty: Modern Warfare, Call of duty:world at war
    • Killzone 2
    • Doom

Ok Guys so this TOPIC will be for competions of sigs ! Whoever wants to participate can participate in this !

Welcome

Sotw-bannervhu.png

SOTW-BANNERbd9.png

SOTW#1 Theme: Half life 2.

--------------------------------------Entries--------------------------------------

oloslttj.png

By Steam

29vjxhd.png

By ALVASI

nfssig312.png

By rockstarrem

1235422343.png

By TM

SOTW1.png

By gta player_69

Ok so fire away with your entries !

Edited by Easy

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok Guys so this TOPIC will be for competions of sigs ! Whoever wants to participate can participate in this !

Ok so first The rules -

1) Each competiton will be run for 14 days. 7 days will be given for people who want to participate to make the sig. 7 Days for voting.

2) No one will flame each other on lose or win !

3) You must submit an entry which you have made especially for this competiton, something which you have made before will not do.

4) Since I am the host. I will be the person to give themes for each competiton. But it does not mean that I will not participate !

5) No ripping of other's sigs !

6) Your sig entry must be submitted with the image and the code !

Ok so I will start The Comp the Theme for this comp will be............

Theme - Halo

Ok so fire away with your entries !

I have a few things to say. First, I'm not participating, because I no longer feel the need to make sigs.

Also, you should either have votes on the new themes, or let the winner decide the next theme. I've actually seen this is practice and it works well.((People will start to get pissy that you are choosing every theme)).

Why do we need to submit the code? The code is the same for everyone, why would that be judged?

^ Agreed.

If you decide the theme each time, it means you could plan the theme weeks in advance, giving you, in theory an unlimited amount of time to work on a sig for the competition. I'd more than gladly enter a competition, but once it's organised in a way that suits everyone. The winner should decide the new theme.

I have no problem with any of the other rules, tbh.

Ok so I change the rules. There will be two days for you guys to list as many themes as you want !

And then voting will be put for the themes another two days and then the competiton will be started on the theme which gets most of the votes !

I list Halo because its my favourite game !

So start listing !

@Spaz the great: By codes I meant the img codes so that I can put them together in the first post for voting !

Edited by ALVASI

.... I knew what you meant, but I'm asking why we would need to post it. It would be in our posts(("reply" would get you the code)), or you could simply Right-click>Properties and then slap the location in img tags. REQUIRING the code in the post is just laziness, really.

We might as well go FPS game on this vote. I nominate Half-Life, Doom, and BF2.

I quite like the idea of a Signature of the week however I have almost lost complete interest in making sigs, I only do it for myself, the FFM or any special requests. So, in that case I won't be participating. I may only go and do this once but not likely, I no longer have the time to be making graphics as many of you know I have exams coming up again.

I think the current Rules will do fine, when I saw it last night I didn't like the "Since I am the host. I will be the person to give themes for each competiton. But it does not mean that I will not participate!".

The rules seem fine and as long as you do more newer themes (e.g. like Spaz pointed out, doing an FPS based sig). I'm nowadays busy with my own stuff, but I could participate in this as well. As long as it's better themes than Halo, than I'm fine with it.

I'd nominate CoD: WaW, Modern Warefare. Those two for the time being. :)

Killzone 2. :awesome: Killzone 2. Killzone 2. So, are you going to supply us with images to use or do we have to use our own. I don't mind either way.

No you will have to use your own !

And guys this will go on till tomorrow and then 4 days will be put on for voting. The one which gets the most votes will be the me of the first comp, the second most for the second and so on. And I think this will save much more time instead of putting listing voting for each competition.

So keep listing !

Edited by ALVASI

Idea/suggestion/whatever you call it : Lets decide a team of judges, one of which gives "A" theme to two participants and probably a week's time. Then judges decide whats the best. In this way we can have multiple rounds. I spoke to the honorary Admin about this, who told me to buzz him about this ASA the awards were done with. So what say people of TGTAP?

Just give two people a theme and probably a 3-4 days time and decide whose the best by voting. So that for eg., You and your opponent have a "match"....winner proceeds to next round... Just like a tournament.....and all the people finally decide the last two, and then their match happens..... and then the winner is declared.

I was actually more keen on a GFX tournament rather than SOTW competition, so.. what say?

Just give two people a theme and probably a 3-4 days time and decide whose the best by voting. So that for eg., You and your opponent have a "match"....winner proceeds to next round... Just like a tournament.....and all the people finally decide the last two, and then their match happens..... and then the winner is declared.

I was actually more keen on a GFX tournament rather than SOTW competition, so.. what say?

The problem with that is simple, though. You can change the outcome of the winner by changing the line-up of the matches. Maybe you like this guy's sig BETTER than this other guy's, but not over-all. I personally find just voting for the one you like the best easier, more efficient, and much quicker. On top of that, you don't have to end up making like 10 sigs in order to win. That will REALLY stretch it out, and to be honest, sometimes you just don't have inspiration or drive to make sigs.