Killzone 2

GTA Don

Story: Two years after the Helghast assault on Vekta, the ISA is bringing the fight to the enemy’s home world of Helghan. Taking the role of Sev, the battle-hardened veteran of the special forces unit known as the Legion, players will embark upon a mission to the planet Helghan to capture the Helghast leader, Emperor Visari, and bring the enemy’s war machine to a halt. For Sev and his squad, the invasion of Helghan is just the beginning. Tasked with securing Pyrrhus, the Capital City, the team quickly discovers that the Helghast are a formidable enemy on their home planet. Not only have they adjusted to the planet’s hostile conditions, they have also harnessed a source of power from the environment that can be used against the ISA. Sev and his team soon discover the fight is greater than simply addressing the enemy forces; the Legion must also learn how to handle the effects of the fierce enemy planet.

Developer: Guerrilla Games

Reviews:

Trailers:

Helghan Trailer

Descreation Trailer

GC 2008: Multiplayer Trailer

E3 2008: Trailer

SCEE PlayStation Day Trailer

E3 2007: Trailer

Release date: February 27th 2009 (UK)

The demo of Killzone 2 is available on the Playstation Store.

It's available on the EU PSN store. So if you have a US, Aus, HK, JP or any other PSN account you will have to create a EU one. That's what I had to do. That being said, after playing the demo, I liked it but I have abit of a gripe with the gameplay.

It feels laggy to me. I was expecting better character movement but ti feels slow IMO.

I forgot to mention you had to pre-order from Gamestop if you wanted the demo. At least in the US. I thought the visuals were stunning in 720p and the controls were ok but tbh I would have preferred a Resistance/MGS4 control scheme. I do agree with you in the character movement, it did feel slow. Wish there was a co-op mode...

I DLed the demo yesterday, and I feel underwhelmed. I thought this was supposed to be as good as COD4, but obviously not. My gripes are with the controls - I haven't managed to customise them yet, haven't worked it out, although I know you can - the turning speed, it's far too slow, even on maximum sensitivity, and actually killing the Helghast, because they take too many bullets before dying. If I was a member of Blockbuster or someplace similar, I would definitely rent it, but I won't be buying this judging by the demo.