PlayStation 4 Wishlist

_Ray

MY CURRENT TOP 10:

OK, #1, ability to install Windows.

#3, Better PlayStation Home, and PlayStation Store

#4, Backward Compatibility with PS1, PS2, and PS3

#5, More USB Ports and Firewire (U USB, 2 Firewire would be helpful)

#6, Bigger HDD, namely a 7200RPM 500GB, or more

#7, comes with a keyboard, mouse, headset, and HDMI/ Component Cable

#8, cheaper than the PS3 was, if possible

#9, more RAM (PS3 only has 512MB)

#10, Flight Simulator

P.S., did you notice there was no #2? :lolbounce:

#2, Ability to play MP4 Movies, and a Better Internet Browser

Edited by raybob95

MY CURRENT TOP 10:

#10, Flight Simulator

By the time the PS4 comes out I doubt you will have your PS1 games. This is something that pissed me off becuase there are a ton of games that I would of bought on the PS2 for my PS3 (GTA:Trilogy). :bashhead: Really wished that Sony included it.

It's WAY too early to even be thinking about the PS4.

Not really.

The PS3 came out in 2006, it's now 2009.

Seeing as the PS1, 2, and 3 each came out about 6 years apart, we're probably about half way to the date when the PS4 will be released.

The PS4 is likely already under development.

Wat.

My friend, the PS3 is going to be here for a LONG TIME. It's only been about 2 years in total since it came out, why in words would they start developing a new console, if you ask me, if they were developing it now, it wouldn't have all these improvements, and it won't have better graphics than the PS3, hell no. And if you believe PS4 is in development, prove it, from a trusted source. I don't think so.

256 Mb if I'm not mistaken.

My friend, the PS3 is going to be here for a LONG TIME. It's only been about 2 years in total since it came out, why in words would they start developing a new console, if you ask me, if they were developing it now, it wouldn't have all these improvements, and it won't have better graphics than the PS3, hell no. And if you believe PS4 is in development, prove it, from a trusted source. I don't think so.

Valve said something about the next generation of consoles coming in either 2011 or 2012.

Ubisoft said that too.

Unreal Engine 4, which is suppossed to be for PC's and for the next gen consoles (like, PS4 and XBox 3), is going to released in 2011.

PS3 is reaching it's limits for crossplatform gaming (as optimization is a bitch, but can be done --> Killzone 2) and so is the 360 (which actually has a more powerful GPU than the PS3).

Unless Sony wants to stick on the market with an outdated console as they did with the PS2 for some time.

I'd like it to not use the Cell. Use something that dev's don't actually hate developing for. I'm sure that will bring you nice games in the end then. That would be my major complaint..

I don't give a crap about the price. 500 - 600 EUR would be pretty reasonable.

MY CURRENT TOP 10:

#10, Flight Simulator

1. Windows = Microsoft = Xbox = Playstation rival = No-go.

2. I see no real reason to continue using Firewire. USB-4-lyfe.

3. With what you want, and the way the American economy is going, don't expect it to be anywhere near the price of the PS3.

4. Video games are up to the developers, not Sony. Sony hasn't quite grasped the concept of first-party titles.

For the XBOX and PS3, they measure RAM and VRAM together.

The XBOX has 512MB Shared VRAM and RAM, and the PS3 has 256MB Each, or 512 total.

I see no real reason to continue using Firewire. USB-4-lyfe

Both FireWire and USB are great for different reasons.

For high-storage media, I think FireWire is better.

I'd like it to not use the Cell

Why?? It's a great CPU. 7 Core CPU @ 3.2 GHz (Technically 8, but the 8th is disabled -_- )

Edited by raybob95

For the XBOX and PS3, they measure RAM and VRAM together.

The XBOX has 512MB Shared VRAM and RAM, and the PS3 has 256MB Each, or 512 total.

I see no real reason to continue using Firewire. USB-4-lyfe

Both FireWire and USB are great for different reasons.

I'd like it to not use the Cell

Why?? It's a great CPU. 7 Core CPU @ 3.2 GHz (Technically 8, but the 8th is disabled -_- )

I find it funny how you change my name to "spam" instead of "spaz", and yet YOU'RE the one who keeps spamming. Learn the definition of spam, why don't ya?

And I find USB 2.0 to be faster than Firewire.

Also, developers hate working with the cell because it's a bitch to program for.

Sony said so themselves that it's a long way away. They believe it's going to last another 9 years still.

In that case I really pity PS3gamers.

9 more years, while it can't even play current high-end games..

Trust me. Not more than 5. If Sony waits any longer, they'd be fools.

2. I see no real reason to continue using Firewire. USB-4-lyfe.

It is faster, but rather unneeded for a console... It's machine for games, not for video-editing (iLink, which is Firewire).

Makes little to no sense really.. Unless you want to replace S-ATA with FireWire, which is partially possible, but very impratical if you ask me..

Why?? It's a great CPU. 7 Core CPU @ 3.2 GHz (Technically 8, but the 8th is disabled sleep.gif )

Look at the sentence next to my statement..

Would that be referring to the FireWire, or the Cell CPU?

I've written a small lightweight calculator once for FireWire. Works pretty quick. I can't imagine dev's having any problems coding for FireWire.

Beh.

What do you mean it can't play high end games? A lot of the developers for the PS3 haven't even cracked into the PS3's full power so it still has a long way to go. I believe it's going to last another 6 or 7 years. But of course they will probably introduce some sort of slim model like they did with the PS2 and PSP.

Edit: I also think Firewire is slightly unecessary. Just like Jace said, it's a games console and it isn't needed. USB works fine and is fast.

Edited by Mpilk901

What do you mean it can't play high end games? A lot of the developers for the PS3 haven't even cracked into the PS3's full power so it still has a long way to go. I believe it's going to last another 6 or 7 years. But of course they will probably introduce some sort of slim model like they did with the PS2 and PSP.

Edit: I also think Firewire is slightly unecessary. Just like Jace said, it's a games console and it isn't needed. USB works fine and is fast.

The PS3 has been outdated for a while now.

What I'm asking is how is it outdated? If your talking about the specs then your wrong. There's still a lot developers can do with the PS3. Naughty Dog said that the first Uncharted was only using about 20% of the Playstation's power and that looked fantastic. Besides, a game doesn't need to have the latest technology to be a great game.

I don't really think the PS3 is outdated, just check out some of its exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted,etc..

What I find odd is that developers seem to find the PS3 especially hard to produce games for, some games released for the PS3 have a lot of glitches and stuff like that.

As technology gets better and better, things get harder to code.

e.g., the PS3 is much harder to code games for than the XBOX 360. :innocent:

I don't really think the PS3 is outdated, just check out some of its exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted,etc..

What I find odd is that developers seem to find the PS3 especially hard to produce games for, some games released for the PS3 have a lot of glitches and stuff like that.

Which is exactly why the 360 has better games, because people actually WANT to code for it((thus, no forced rushed games)) :rolleyes:

Which is exactly why the 360 has better games, because people actually WANT to code for it((thus, no forced rushed games)) :rolleyes:

Well, Spaz, that is a matter of opinion, in which my opinion is that I don't enjoy consoles whose games are 100% war related. :whistle: