PlayStation 4 Wishlist

_Ray

I don't really think the PS3 is outdated, just check out some of its exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted,etc..

What I find odd is that developers seem to find the PS3 especially hard to produce games for, some games released for the PS3 have a lot of glitches and stuff like that.

As technology gets better and better, things get harder to code.

e.g., the PS3 is much harder to code games for than the XBOX 360. :innocent:

Which is exactly why the 360 has better games, because people actually WANT to code for it((thus, no forced rushed games)) :rolleyes:

Well, Spaz, that is a matter of opinion, in which my opinion is that I don't enjoy consoles whose games are 100% war related. :whistle:

Forza 2.

Sony can be complete dicks sometimes. The way they have the PS Store setup seems stupid to me. Why have a million different regions and every one differs in the content. I know it is very easy to get around but why should you have to? It seems M$ have been getting the upper hand on Sony recently, paying for DLC, demos and such. Sony seem to just sit with there thumbs up there arses and watch 360 owners gloat. They could spend a bit of money, which could easily be made up, to get PS3 owners some DLC for GTAIV, bastards :P

I love my PS3, but it is more of a media center than just a console.

Both the consoles seem equal to me and both have a great array of games to choose from. It's all just a matter of opinion and which service you prefer. I find the PS Store great. It's setup the same way as the 360's with different regions.

You really can't say that the PS3 has no games. Sure, you'd be right if this was 2007 or 2006 but now they have just as many as the 360 which are top notch.

How are Sony liars? Their the same as any other company is.

Edited by Mpilk901

Did either of you watch the E3 showing of the PS3 when it was FIRST unveiled? They showed Killzone 2((yeah, this was in 2005)), that rally racing game((which is a lot of fun)), and some stupid duck video, "LOD technology". All of it they said were running in "real-time", and it turned out it wasn't. They also claimed it was running on the PS3, and the Cell CPU wasn't even finished yet. As of that Summer((the Summer before the release)), there weren't ANY finished PS3 games because most devs had JUST gotten the dev-kit, and the Cell is a bitch to script for. That's besides the point, though.

They did the same shit with the release of the PS2. Said shit it could do that it couldn't.

Chris should just make a sub-forum called "Raybob's Labratory" under the Fun and Off Topic Fourm.

And Raybob, somethings you are saying are totally wrong, and kids in between the ages of 3 and 9 correct you. Please if you make another topic, please know what you are talking about. If you are trying to show us some Good News.. then show us a goddamn source. I believe its WAAAY too early to be talking about a PS4. When did the XBOX 360 come out? 2005? You guys should be chanting about the XBOX720. If thats ever going to exist.

Edited by Husky

• 6 months later...

Yeah, Firewire's not necessary. But the PS2 had it.....

I still think It'll be around 2014. This guy certainly knows it all though.....

The PS4 will be released in 2013, and the xbox720 in 2012.

The PS5 will be released in 2020 and the xbox 1440 in 2021.

The ps6 will be released in 2027, and the xbox 2880 in 2028.

The ps7 and xbox 5760 will both hit the market in the year 2034.

Then for about 20 years no new consoles will be released as the world recovers from World War 3, also known as Nuclear War 1.

In 2054 the ps8 and xbox 11,520 will renew the epic console rivalry

In 2065 the ps9 will boast 1.8 x 10^185 bit/s of processing power, andwill be so advanced that anyone who plays for more than a day losestheir grip on reality, convinced that the ps9 world is real and thereal world is an illusion. The xbox 23,040 will only be about half asgood. The exploding video-game-rehab industry will prefer the ps9because it sends them more patients, and will invest heavily indevelopment of the ps10. Microsoft chairman Bill Gates Clone #3 willbravely soldier on with development of the xbox 46,080

but before either console can be developed, Nuclear War 2 (World War 4)will hit, all of the world's oil will finally be exhausted and theworld's coastal cities will finally be flooded by global warming,putting an end to the rivalry for good.

That's as good a prediction as anybody's. No-one knows if and when thenext generation will be made, or what they will be called.

You just had to bump your own topic?

Anyway

I don't really think the PS3 is outdated, just check out some of its exclusives like MGS4, Uncharted,etc..

What I find odd is that developers seem to find the PS3 especially hard to produce games for, some games released for the PS3 have a lot of glitches and stuff like that.

As technology gets better and better, things get harder to code.

e.g., the PS3 is much harder to code games for than the XBOX 360. innocent.gif

Point is, the GPU of the 360 is quite a bit more powerful than that of the PS3.. What do we love more? GT200 chips or Nehalems? I'd bet GT200. Go for the better GPU.

And the RAM is just terrible.. Even id software, with John Carmack, the god of optimizing, fails to get Rage run better on the PS3 than on the 360. In fact, while the 360 is going to run the game at a nice 60fps, the PS3 has to do with 30 (Where's your 'hardware superiority' now, huh?). In the end, the Cell was just a waste of money. They should have kept things simple.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
But of course they will probably introduce some sort of slim model like they did with the PS2 and PSP.
from 19 february 2009 lol.

best prediction evar :P

hmmm yeh i think its too early to think about PS4 for me. since i only got my ps3 this year im sure it'll be at least 3 years before they make a new one.

the first things u wrote raybob, ps3 does have MP4 compatibility as well as DivX/XviD. the main formats it doesnt like ... wmv, mkv, not sure of the other stuff.

Edited by WRX22B1998

^ i know eh lol. pricecut then storage increase and slim...im sorta cut.

if it had a glossy finish like PS3 has, then i would be really cut.

so

add to my previous post: glossy finish like phat PS3 has. oh and gran turismo 6 to be released THE DAY the ps4 comes out. not like 3 years later.

Edited by WRX22B1998

• 3 weeks later...

so

add to my previous post: glossy finish like phat PS3 has. oh and gran turismo 6 to be released THE DAY the ps4 comes out. not like 3 years later.

Lol, Gran Turismo 5 isn't even out yet. And I'm fucking sick of waiting since it's been 4 years since 4 came out.

so

Lol, Gran Turismo 5 isn't even out yet. And I'm fucking sick of waiting since it's been 4 years since 4 came out.

yeah i know, apparently its gonna be released like december 27 or 29 2009 ? there was something about it on autoblog, amazon said you can pre-order and it'll ship on that date.

All I want for the next Playstation is for it to have awesome exclusives and great, free online. Those are the reasons why I like my PS3 so much and that's all I want. Backwards compatibility for the PS3 games seems likely as it will probably use the Blu-Ray drive, however you need to remember though the next Playstation is still quite a while away. Most developers haven't even used the PS3's full power yet so there's bound to be plenty of more games.

While on next-gen consoles, I'm really interested to see what Microsoft is going to do with their next console.

• 1 month later...
It's WAY too early to even be thinking about the PS4.

Not really.

The PS3 came out in 2006, it's now 2009.

Seeing as the PS1, 2, and 3 each came out about 6 years apart, we're probably about half way to the date when the PS4 will be released.

The PS4 is likely already under development.

Wat.

My friend, the PS3 is going to be here for a LONG TIME. It's only been about 2 years in total since it came out, why in words would they start developing a new console, if you ask me, if they were developing it now, it wouldn't have all these improvements, and it won't have better graphics than the PS3, hell no. And if you believe PS4 is in development, prove it, from a trusted source. I don't think so.

Likely:

# has a good chance of being the case or of coming about; "these services are likely to be available to us all before long"; "she is likely to ...

# probable: likely but not certain to be or become true or real; "a likely result"; "he foresaw a probable loss"

# expected to become or be; in prospect; "potential clients"

# probably: with considerable certainty; without much doubt; "He is probably out of the country"; "in all likelihood we are headed for war"

# within the realm of credibility; "not a very likely excuse"