What game made you nervous/scared?

Damjan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ know that,when i was playing Total Overdose,and there was a mission,you were detached from a train but you got to cathcup with the guy who detached it and kill him,and when u get close to the train he activates an anti aircraft gun and shoots the bike.You have an SMG(which is the poorest weapon) and you're supposed to destroy it so u can get on the train.It's health was nearly at the end,and i hit a rock and flew off the bike.

Lol.

I started playing Half Life when I was seven, everytime I turned a corner I always had some sort of nervousness when I turned a corner. I didn't want to bump into a zombie or houndeye just to find out there are bigger creatures in the game later.

Some games get frustrating though, the complexity of some tasks/missions.

When i was little,i always got mad at Super Mario.The dumb little guy was always falling down,and i was smashing the keyboard,since then i have changed 3 keyboards and 5 mouses.

U?

WHEN you were little? That's assuming you aren't little now. When I was little, my NINTENDO CONTROLLER survived just fine through me playing Super Mario.

AWESOME! Mario with your mouse. Some hyperactive First Person version or what? Please tell me the name.

Anyway, Mario games do make me nervous at times (took a long time to get 121 stars in Galaxy... And it wasn't worth the headache). And Bioshock made me slightly nervous at the intro, until I realised it wasn't a scary game at all.

I really can't think of any other games that have made me nervous as such.. Maybe FEAR.

Nervous? I think you meant angry, or scared.

As for scariness, FEAR definitely if you played with all the lights out and the sound up. Bonus points if you have surround sound. Shit makes you jump.

Mario on the SNES always got me angry when I was a kid though, losing on the really hard levels after a huge amount of time spent trying to complete it etc.

In more recent times, DOA4 - I'm a Tekken guy so the controls completely threw me. On Tekken you can get away with button bashing if you know what you're doing, but DOA4 pissed me off because it's way different. I lost quite a lot and got pissed off :P

Manhunt. The first few levels aren't that challenging, but has ayou progress threw the storyline it really picks up. A lot of scares I had in that game. If you played it then you would know the hardest level is the junkyard. Though the part that made me the most nervous was hands down the final encounter with Pigssy. I'll just say hes one of the msot scariest game characters I have ever seen. The task is you have to kill this guy in a pig costume, while he sings a chainsaw at you. Overall its a fun game.

I started playing Half Life when I was seven, everytime I turned a corner I always had some sort of nervousness when I turned a corner. I didn't want to bump into a zombie or houndeye just to find out there are bigger creatures in the game later.

Some games get frustrating though, the complexity of some tasks/missions.

Yeah I played Half Life when I was pretty young too so it was kinda scary. I also remember playing Doom 3 and that scared the shit out of me sometimes but eventually I got used to it.

As for scariness, FEAR definitely if you played with all the lights out and the sound up. Bonus points if you have surround sound. Shit makes you jump.

I did that. I always thought there was actually somebody behind me so I kept turning around.

The one hospital part where everything turns bright and bloody with bodies scattered over all over the floor almost gave me a heart attack, along with the end of the game.

Fear 2 is going to be hard to play without having to take the 30 minute breaks I did with the first fear.

Edited by tilly

Doom on the old Sega CD (there's your old school games) started to screw w/ my head a little, especially when you

step through the porthole to their Hell universe. Even got a little nauseous, which doesn't happen to me.

Just got Bioshock for valentine's day (the kind of gift that says how much she cares), that one can get the pulse up.

^ headcrabs don't scare me.

The screaming from the fast zombies makes me go to teh bathroom.

No, I was playing HL 1 and I was on Xen, crawling through tunnels, and I've gotten into the habit of flash-lighting and checking corners to check for monsters. RIGHT as I clicked my light on a headcrab flew at me. I jumped and almost threw my keyboard.

But yeah, those fucking screaming zombies scare the shit out of me.

I did a tiny piss earlier playing FarCry2

I was steaking out an enemy outpost, with my trusty Dragunov sniper. Picking dudes off as usual. I keep scoped in, swung round to where I heard a noise. Suddenly, my scope is full of RPG, travelling at what I imagine to be a considerable pace, towards me. Me, my car, and my shit went boom. Scared the fuck out of me.

Scariest game ever for me was F.E.A.R. , I turn into a total pussy whenever I play that.

Doom on the old Sega CD (there's your old school games) started to screw w/ my head a little, especially when you

step through the porthole to their Hell universe. Even got a little nauseous, which doesn't happen to me.

Just got Bioshock for valentine's day (the kind of gift that says how much she cares), that one can get the pulse up.

Yeah I remember I used to have that for my Sega and it was like the only videogame my dad ever played haha. So had good times with that one.